Top 10 Swedish Hockey Players of All Time?

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Sundin put up some good, consistent stats but he never accomplished anything in the NHL.

He didn't win any major awards, but he was a Second Team All-Star as a centre twice. That's not anything to scoff at. Also, more than just NHL play should be considered and he may be the greatest Swede in International competition in the country's history. Still, I ranked Karlsson ahead of him in my list that I posted.

Why did you mention Sundin and the Sedins but not Alfredsson or Nilsson as guys Karlsson should be ahead of?

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
He didn't win any major awards, but he was a Second Team All-Star as a centre twice. That's not anything to scoff at. Also, more than just NHL play should be considered and he may be the greatest Swede in International competition in the country's history. Still, I ranked Karlsson ahead of him in my list that I posted.

Why did you mention Sundin and the Sedins but not Alfredsson or Nilsson as guys Karlsson should be ahead of?
I don't know anything about Nilsson.

I thought it is a given that Alfredsson is below the others. He's like a worse version of Sundin.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
Note to everyone, the op says "Of All time" ..
1. Forsberg
2. Sundin
3. Lidström
4. Ulf Sterner
5. "Lillstrimma" Svedberg
6. Börje Salming
7. Mats Näslund
8. Håkan Loob
9. Henrik Lundqvist
10. Kent Nilsson

Last edited:

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Of course no one person can replace a top 3 dman of all time, but at least an effort could have been made to have a competent group assembled that could help lessen the blow.
I'm not saying the wings werent weak in prospects and depth when he retired.

But he was the primary reason they went from playoff team to bottom dweller in the course if 2 seasons. Even had they replaced lidstrom with a decent number 1 dman, they're still not a playoff team right now. With a prime lidstrom in this lineup they are.

The combination of losing lidstrom and datsyuk, even at their ripe old ages, is too much for any team.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad