Top 10 Swedish Hockey Players of All Time?

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Top 10 Swedish Hockey Players of All time? (I posted top 15, didn’t know who to exclude from top 10)
  1. Niklas Lidstrom
  2. Peter Forsberg
  3. Borje Salming
  4. Mats Sundin
  5. Kent Nilsson
  6. Henrik Sedin
  7. Daniel Sedin
  8. Daniel Alfredson
  9. Henrik Zetterberg
  10. Erik Karlsson
  11. Henrik Lundqvist
  12. Niklas Backstrom
  13. Markus Näslund
  14. Mats Näslund
  15. Pelle Lindbergh
  16. HM: V. Hedman, H. Loob, T. Steen
Who’s in your top 10?

Last edited:

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Top 10 Swedish Hockey Players of All time? (I posted top 15, didn’t know who to exclude from top 10)
  1. Niklas Lidstrom
  2. Peter Forsberg
  3. Mats Sundin
  4. Borje Salming
  5. Kent Nilsson
  6. Henrik Sedin
  7. Daniel Sedin
  8. Daniel Alfredson
  9. Mats Naslund
  10. Henrik Zetterberg
  11. Markus Naslund
  12. Erik Karlsson
  13. Henrik Lundqvist
  14. Niklas Backstrom
  15. Pelle Lindbergh
  16. HM: V. Hedman, H. Loob, T. Steen
Bonus question: Do you see any of the young stars (E. Pettersson, R. Dahlin, F. Forsberg etc.) in the top 15 when their careers are over?

1. Forsberg
2. Lidström
3. Salming
4. Kenta
5. Sundin
6/7. H/D Sedin
8. Bäckström
9. Zetterberg
10. Karlsson

Both Dahlin and Pettersson will be there for sure, unless they get injured beyond "repair".

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
All of these players with the exception of Karlsson are before my time.

Really says something about the legendary status that is Karlsson.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
1. Lidstrom
2. Forsberg
3. Erik Karlsson
4. Sundin
5. Zetterberg
6. Alfredsson
7. Backstrom
8. Lundqvist
9. H Sedin
10. D Sedin

I left off Nilsson and Salming because I never saw them play and don't have a good sense of their value

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
1. Lidstrom
2. Forsberg
3. Salming
4. Zetterberg
5. Alfredsson
6. H.Sedin
7. D.Sedin
8. Karlsson
9. Lundqvist
10. Backstrom

Kale Makar

Lets go Aves?
Apr 17, 2013
Denver, CO
Don't know enough to make a list really, but among active younger Swedes, who may make it up there?

For example, does Landy have a shot? 350 pts, 513 gp, about to turn 26, not to mention currently part of one of the most lethal lines in the NHL so he should be getting some nice points here in his prime. Keeping on his current pace, and double the games puts him at 700 pts, 13th all-time for Swedes. Assuming he plays all games, that's only in his early 30s, so no reason he can't hit 800-900 and sit solidly around 10th all-time.

Add to that he has a Calder, likely to be captain, and who knows what can happen in between now and the end of his career to boost his prospects.

I guess Hedman is already sneaking up on the top of the list, Karlsson probably already there, who else?

Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
1. Forsberg
2. Lidström
3. Salming
4. Kenta
5. Sundin
6/7. H/D Sedin
8. Bäckström
9. Zetterberg
10. Karlsson

Both Dahlin and Pettersson will be there for sure, unless they get injured beyond "repair".

Forsberg over Lidstrom is correct, but I would put Alfredsson in there over Backstrom.

Reactions: Slimmy

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Don't know enough to make a list really, but among active younger Swedes, who may make it up there?

For example, does Landy have a shot? 350 pts, 513 gp, about to turn 26, not to mention currently part of one of the most lethal lines in the NHL so he should be getting some nice points here in his prime. Keeping on his current pace, and double the games puts him at 700 pts, 13th all-time for Swedes. Assuming he plays all games, that's only in his early 30s, so no reason he can't hit 800-900 and sit solidly around 10th all-time.

Add to that he has a Calder, likely to be captain, and who knows what can happen in between now and the end of his career to boost his prospects.

I guess Hedman is already sneaking up on the top of the list, Karlsson probably already there, who else?

Landeskog & F. Forsberg have a shot at top 15 but are hardpressed to crack top 10, Hedman has the best shot & Karlsson is already there. Out of the young guns, E. Pettersson & R. Dahlin are Elite already, difficult to predict how great they actually become.

Last edited:

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017

I'm fairly confident Landeskog will never finish top 10 in points or goals in a season, and without doing that, theres no way he edges out some of the elite forwards on that list, and then D like Karlsson/Hedman etc.

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
1. Forsberg
2. Lidström
3. Salming
4. Kenta
5. Sundin
6/7. H/D Sedin
8. Bäckström
9. Zetterberg
10. Karlsson

Dahlin is 18, looks like 25. He'll be better than Karlsson.
Pettersson will have a more successful carreer than Zetterberg by the time he retires.

Case closed.

Yikes

Reactions: Dempsey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad