Top 10 Struggling Players at Mid-Point of Season

Zack Kelly

Jan 1, 2019
That entire second line has been complete garbage since December. Laine with 3 goals and 7 points since the beginning of December, Little with 2 goals and 6 points, Connor with 3 goals and 4 points.
Laine had more goals in November than his entire line had points in December. They're all floundering and Maurice's only adjustment has been to switch Connor with Ehlers. It doesn't help when Connor hasn't had a point in his last ten games either though.
of late yes they've been struggling but not sure if I would put them on this list

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Great list, very well though out. I’d agree with people saying Pac doesn’t belong on their. He’s been streaky, which as a Canadian’s I’m sure you understand all to well, but his point and goal totals should be fine at the end of the season. Vlasic or Benn earned a spot more.

Reactions: Zack Kelly

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
His defensive woes were from game 1. Again, while the point production was there he's been the worst C in the league at giving up high quality scoring chances and that was PRIOR to his concussion.

Regardless of defensive struggles he still has 34pts in 34GP this season. You honestly think he's struggling more than Burakovsky, or that he's one of the players struggling most in the league?

Zack Kelly

Jan 1, 2019
Great list, very well though out. I’d agree with people saying Pac doesn’t belong on their. He’s been streaky, which as a Canadian’s I’m sure you understand all to well, but his point and goal totals should be fine at the end of the season. Vlasic or Benn earned a spot more.
thanks for the input!

Zack Kelly

Jan 1, 2019
Do you honestly believe that being ok’d to play is the same as being 100%? Do you honestly believe that an NHL player is going to say “I’m not 100% so I’m not going to play?
where is the proof that he is still hurt? and yes i do believe that especially a player of his caliber playing on such a struggling team

Reactions: zaqq

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I was told I was an absolute idiot last year for not believing in Patrick. Flyers fans ripped me to shreds saying how he was going to be sniffing 60-70 points this year.

What happened

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
too young, and again i'm not huge for adding goalies. he isn't doing as well as he did last year but in no way is he struggling. he is preforming fine. just not as good as last year. he is too young to know exactly what kinda goalie he is yet

Hellebuyck is 25. Real life, super young, professional sports, not so much.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
Regardless of defensive struggles he still has 34pts in 34GP this season. You honestly think he's struggling more than Burakovsky, or that he's one of the players struggling most in the league?
Bura's been a healthy scratch and is in need of a trade. He's a top 6 forward that is stuck in the bottom lines, the Caps should be trying to move him but saying that, he's not depended on to push the engine much.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
thanks for those stats, If you don't mind me asking what website do you use to get those in depth stats? again thanks for shedding light on his struggles
I rely on RMNB for all my Caps stats, they're great at breaking down numbers give them a look.

Zack Kelly

Jan 1, 2019
Hellebuyck is 25. Real life, super young, professional sports, not so much.
for a goalie???? yes he is look at all the top goalies in the NHL apart from a couple. they're all in their 30s or close too it. 28ish is when you know who the goalie is on most cases

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
both gostisbehere and provorov have been junk!
patio-ready has been really good after his early stuggles. after 2 pts in his first 14...19 pts in his next 18.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
1. James Neal 42gp 4g 4a 8p and a -12 on a team with +30 goal difference. Same teams Giordano +29 and Lindholm +25.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
I was told I was an absolute idiot last year for not believing in Patrick. Flyers fans ripped me to shreds saying how he was going to be sniffing 60-70 points this year.

What happened

The alarm bells started ringing when Bob Mackenzie came out and said his upside was a number 2 center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad