Top 10 Struggling Players at Mid-Point of Season

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Zuccarello, nyc

Not sure what's going on this year, but he's been pretty meh and kinda piss poor

Zack Kelly

Jan 1, 2019
Martin Jones is definitely more deserving than some players on the list, still that was a pretty nice read.
Thanks, and yeah Jones, Talbot and Smith were all close too making the list but I didn't just want too clog it up with goalies. Lots of goalies are struggling this year. The new pads don't help that situation and Jones is kinda known for being inconsistent aswell

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Connor McDavid

He has the team on his back, and it's getting heavy.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Zuccarello, nyc

Not sure what's going on this year, but he's been pretty meh and kinda piss poor

Don’t think he is taking the whole rebuild too well. He knows in his head a trade is very likely and seems to be skating around like Marvin the depressed robot. But, also may think he is playing hurt. Since he had missed time with a groin injury. Could be the combination of both. Since he has played through worse injuries and shown determination and effort during that stretch. Now he is just making stupid decision and not putting that extra gear he was always known for.

Reactions: Lays

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
Pacioretty is on pace for like 30 goals and 55 points this year, I really don't know how you can call him a "struggling player". He struggled at first to adjust to a new team, but once he got adjusted, he really started to shine. He has 9 goals and 18 points in his last 17 games.

I feel like people on this site really ignore the impact of changing teams. Most of the time, players aren't able to seamlessly change teams. James Neal had 2 goals in his first 27 games with the Penguins, he had 40 the next season. These guys aren't robots, they're not able to immediately adjust most of the time.
Pacioretty is just super streaky. Watch him score 11 goals in 10 games. Disappear for another 15 games and score another 10 in 10.

Zack Kelly

Jan 1, 2019
Pacioretty is just super streaky. Watch him score 11 goals in 10 games. Disappear for another 15 games and score another 10 in 10.
exactly. and i felt like he was weak enough at the beginning of the season and really hasn't lived up too what Vegas needed thatch why I added him too the list

Reactions: Riddum

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
Also, read that he has 1 ES goal all year. That’s insane. 1 goal in the last 20 games or something like that.

Many talked him up to be a top 5 C in the game earlier in the year.
Based on his ascension and finally fulfilling his talent promise last year I thought he'd be in contention for the Hart. It would've been his first full year as the Caps top C, but he's not been the same player unfortunately. Lots of time to fix it though.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
Evgeni Kuznetsov isn't even the most disappointing player on his team. Kuzy was playing well until he had a concussion and he's been trying to find his game since. Pretty normal for players to struggle after coming back from a brain injury.

The most disappointing player on the Caps easily goes to Andre Burakovsky and it's not particularly close. Dude has been totally useless and looks like he's playing his way out of DC.
His defensive woes were from game 1. Again, while the point production was there he's been the worst C in the league at giving up high quality scoring chances and that was PRIOR to his concussion.

Zack Kelly

Jan 1, 2019
His defensive woes were from game 1. Again, while the point production was there he's been the worst C in the league at giving up high quality scoring chances and that was PRIOR to his concussion.
thanks for those stats, If you don't mind me asking what website do you use to get those in depth stats? again thanks for shedding light on his struggles

Zack Kelly

Jan 1, 2019
Don’t think he is taking the whole rebuild too well. He knows in his head a trade is very likely and seems to be skating around like Marvin the depressed robot. But, also may think he is playing hurt. Since he had missed time with a groin injury. Could be the combination of both. Since he has played through worse injuries and shown determination and effort during that stretch. Now he is just making stupid decision and not putting that extra gear he was always known for.
he gonna get traded

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Kyle Connor seem to be off this year

That entire second line has been complete garbage since December. Laine with 3 goals and 7 points since the beginning of December, Little with 2 goals and 6 points, Connor with 3 goals and 4 points.
Laine had more goals in November than his entire line had points in December. They're all floundering and Maurice's only adjustment has been to switch Connor with Ehlers. It doesn't help when Connor hasn't had a point in his last ten games either though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad