B. Schenn
Tarasenko
Beach
Luke Adam
Nino
Zac Dalpe
Kuznetsov
2011 1st Overall

Couldn't get you ten, but these guys are good bets.

JMcLeaf

Hmm...

B. Schenn
Tarasenko
Beach
Luke Adam
Nino
Zac Dalpe
Kuznetsov
2011 1st Overall

Couldn't get you ten, but these guys are good bets.

Don't think Kuznetsov is coming over next season. Also a lot of Hawks fans don't seem to think Beach will make the big squad next year but you never know. Agreed on the rest.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
4 pages and no Hodgson?

There was one guy earlier but yeah it really is shocking how "out of mind" he has become. I don't think he will be the best but if he sticks in the top 6 he has a good shot at 40-50 points. He COULD end up being the best but I expect a few to outpace him. He definitely has top 10 rookie potential :laugh:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
This doesn't seem unrealistic to you? I think Hall will be very lucky to ever crack 100 points...

No, it doesn't.

Let's be real here :laugh:

I am.

I see Hall as more of a 80-90 point guy, maybe 40ish goals and 40-45 assists, as for 100 points, seems a bit unrealistic. As for Eberle, I think he'll put up 65-70 points consistently, and maybe a career year of 80-85, but he'll be more of a complete player than Hall is and IMO, is the future captain of the Oilers.

So, you basically agree with me, minus 10 or so points from Hall's top end? From what I have seen out of him, and what I have seen out of RNH....I find it highly likely that Hall will be able to crack 100 points at some point in the next 10 or so years.

Quezzle E

Mar 2, 2011
Three underrated guys..

I like Rundblad a lot. I could see him really being a success next year even on Ottawa. Caron in Boston could have a good shot at a solid role and already looked comfortable enough in the NHL. Dalpe I'm cheering for and I like to think he'll have a good first year.

tarrin8

May 3, 2011
Canada BC
1-B. Schenn
2-Johansen
3-RNH
4-Tarasenko
5-Niederreiter
6-Kuznetsov (if he comes over from KHL)
7-Rundblad
8-Landeskog
9-Huberdeau
10-Brett Connolly
11-Granlund

well theres my rankings from most likely to least
had to add 11 incase Kuznetsov doesnt come over, but from what ive herd it seems like he will be in russia for 1 more year

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
Minnesota's Mikael Granlund might be one. At least on the PP if not else. My guess is 50-70 points if he plays in NHL next season.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. It'll be interesting to see where Mikael plays next year, however.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
If I had to put my money on one guy to win the Calder next year it'd be Brayden Schenn, seemed like he was pretty NHL ready even this year, and I could easily see him snagging the 2nd line C role in LA in 11/12.

I second that, I could see him getting a good chunk of minutes next year.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Hf strikes again.

Granlund 50-70 points? Frattin 48 poins (WTF?!)? Get real. A rookie that hits 40 points would have a great rookie season, not everyone can be a Jeff Skinner in their first season. Way to overrate prospects!

But I'm wondering how many points a defenseman have to put up to win the Calder Trophy, because he will never end up with most points among rookies.

WhoIsGuyIncognito

Mar 22, 2011
Prague, Czech
I think Cervenka has a chance if he signs with a team where he can get major minutes on top 2 lines. Edmonton, Calgary or Columbus would be ideal for him IMO. FYI he is KHL's top scorer this year, finished 3rd in points and probably has been top 5 player in europe for the last 2-3 years or so.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Granlund is great but he'll be lucky if he get's 20 games played before he get's knocked out

lucscaps

Jun 20, 2005
guelph, ont
if the devils draft couturier, he could line up with one of parise or kovalchuk on a regular basis. That could be something to consider.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
This time last year, how many people were guessing Skinner, Couture and/or Grabner? :)

Just to throw out a homer pick I haven't seen mentioned: Kevin Poulin may be back in the AHL next year, or he could play significant minutes in goal on LI. He looked really good in his 10 game stint this past year.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Ummm, Ryan Ellis has yet to be mentioned I believe.

Josi's ahead of him on the Preds' prospect ladder, and unless he absolutely dominates he'll be in the AHL for atleast a year. Just look at Blum, drafted in '07 and just started in the NHL. Nashville loves to take their time with their prospects.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I really doubt that Nugent-Hopkins is in the NHL next year, but that seems to be the trend now with #1 overall.

Clive Barley

Condra Commander
May 19, 2010
Ottawa
Bump.

Didn't see a a recent post on the topic, so with the draft over, rookie tournaments completed or wrapping up and training camps days away...

Latest predictions?

Calder favourites rookies? Guys you would take in keeper leagues?

My top candidates; Ryan Johansen, Luke Adam, Gabriel Landeskog.

Again, if this discussion is going on elsewhere, my bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad