top 10 leagues?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
IMO yes. I think the real debate heats up at the #3 position, though for me that's a pretty clear choice as well.

I’d say the Bundesliga probably takes number 3 for me, but France and Italy have really improved the last few years and it’s getting closer than it has been over the last ~5 years or so.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I’d say the Bundesliga probably takes number 3 for me, but France and Italy have really improved the last few years and it’s getting closer than it has been over the last ~5 years or so.

Serie A for me. I'd even go L1 for the #4 spot leaving #5 for the Bundesliga. That said I don't see the positions there as fixed over time as the first two spots have been.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Serie A for me. I'd even go L1 for the #4 spot leaving #5 for the Bundesliga. That said I don't see the positions there as fixed over time as the first two spots have been.

I have Serie A as a close 4th. But overall the leagues competitiveness is really getting good and Juve and Bayern are about level nowadays so I can definitely get putting them 3rd.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I have Serie A as a close 4th. But overall the leagues competitiveness is really getting good and Juve and Bayern are about level nowadays so I can definitely get putting them 3rd.

I was putting more weight on the top end of the table in the comparison of three as for me the bottom end is more of a toss up, but that's because I don't get to see as much of those leagues due to time, visibility and interest.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I was putting more weight on the top end of the table in the comparison of three as for me the bottom end is more of a toss up, but that's because I don't get to see as much of those leagues due to time, visibility and interest.

The bottom half of Italy is probably the worst of the big leagues. Or bottom 5 or so. But the top half is really coming together.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
When I look at some of the relegation sides it's really tough to compare at the bottom of some of these leagues. Some of them are just so bad.

Yup. Italy historically or at least the last few years has probably had the lowest point totals of the leagues, but Villa from a couple seasons ago was just so bad as well.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Spain is number one.

The rest is debatable.

I have some bias but to me EPL is the 2nd best because of the competitiveness of all teams.

I think bundesliga is fairly close.

Turkish should be just slightly behind ligue 1.

I think the brazilian and argentinian league are significantly better than Swiss, Eredivise, Belgium, Russia.
1: Premier League
2: La Liga
3: Bundesliga
4: Serie A
5: Ligue 1
6: Belgium League
7: Russian League
8: Turkish League
9: Eredivise
10: Swiss League

Imo, right now. What do you guys say ? Discuss and make your own lists.
Russia is at 6 and it’s not even debatable. Finished 4th this year in European competitions

Reactions: robertmac43

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I think it definitely comes close to 8-10.

mls is even worse than swedish league, danish league. i am watching all of these leagues so i know what i am talking about.

mls is just a propaganda league. they sign 40 year old former super stars who are finished as soccer players and thats it. rest of the leauge is random below average american players mixed with players from weird nations. mls never sell any players to european leagues because the talent pool sucks. swedish and danish league sells 10+ players every year to top euro leagues.

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
TOP 10 Europe

1. LaLiga
2. PL
3. Bundesliga
4. Serie A

5. Lique 1

6. Premjer Liga(RUS)
7. Primeira Division(POR)
8. Jupiler League
9. SüperLig
10. Eredivisie

Last edited:

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Top 10 World!

1. LaLiga
2. PL
3. Bundesliga
4. Serie A

5. Lique1

6.Premjer Liga(RUS)
7. Serie A(BRA)
8.Primera Division(ARG)
9.Primeire Division(POR)
10. Jupiler League

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
IMHO ..,,

1A. Spain
1B. England

3. Germany

4A. Italy
4B. France

6. Portugal

7. Brazil
8. Argentina
9. Netherlands
10. Mexico
11. Turkey
12. Russia

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
1=Spain

2=England

3=Italy

4=Germany

5=France

6=Russia

7=Portugal

8-9-10-11= Belgium Turkey Holland Ukraine

For the last 5 years or so let's say.

MLS is not comparable, because they are not even the same model as Euro leagues, with a salary cap and no big powerhouse how to compare? I see some MLS games, Impact Toronto and to be honest most games are low quality, or let's say to many low quality players playing with a couple of good players makes for ugly games. And they can't beat Mexican Liga teams so there you go.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'd probaly set La Liga and EPl level as well. La Liga gets minus points for more or less being a two team league. Barca and Real really have to eff it up for Atlectico (the only real challenger to them) to win, but on the other hand even teams outside those two do well in Europe. EPL is more even among the top teams, but English sides haven't done that well in Europe in recent years, outside of United and Chelsea (I count winning trophies, not losing finals).

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
1=Spain

2=England

3=Italy

4=Germany

5=France

6=Russia

7=Portugal

8-9-10-11= Belgium Turkey Holland Ukraine

For the last 5 years or so let's say.

MLS is not comparable, because they are not even the same model as Euro leagues, with a salary cap and no big powerhouse how to compare? I see some MLS games, Impact Toronto and to be honest most games are low quality, or let's say to many low quality players playing with a couple of good players makes for ugly games. And they can't beat Mexican Liga teams so there you go.
MLS is a beer league! ;)!

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think the thing about the MLS is for years they tried to be like the big leagues and sign the best players (that they could afford) but that was never going to work. Now they’re doing more of what Holland and Belgium and various other leagues are doing and buying young talent (Barco, Almiron, Rusnak, Adams, etc.) with the intent of selling them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad