3: Bundesliga
4: Serie A
5: Ligue 1
6: Belgium League
7: Russian League
8: Turkish League
9: Eredivise
10: Swiss League

Imo, right now. What do you guys say ? Discuss and make your own lists.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Depends on how you want to rank the leagues. Competitiveness? Top end teams? Ability to develop talent? Depends and it will probably be different for most posters.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Portuguese league is probably somewhere on a top 10 Euro league list.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I’d say the PL is the most entertaining league in terms of competition between the top teams, but obviously doesn’t have the top tier teams that Spain, France, and Germany has. But City and Liverpool could be starting to get into that top tier if European teams.

Spain has the best top end talent and probably the prettiest football played on a consistent basis.

France and Germany are probably the 2 best leagues at developing young talent, but probably a slight edge to France. Both have one team dominating league titles at the moment.

Italy is a decent at developing talent and has the most tactical style of soccer played overall and is also dominated by one team.

So it really comes down to each league has pros and cons and choosing the best league is incredibly subjective. But with Spain’s recent dominance in Europe they’d have to go #1 in my book.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Spain is number one.

The rest is debatable.

I have some bias but to me EPL is the 2nd best because of the competitiveness of all teams.

I think bundesliga is fairly close.

Turkish should be just slightly behind ligue 1.

I think the brazilian and argentinian league are significantly better than Swiss, Eredivise, Belgium, Russia.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think EPL is a clear 2nd. City is getting up there in terms of being elite and the other 3 leagues are dominated by one team where the talent level falls off a cliff after them.

I also don't think EPL is far off La Liga to be honest.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I judge it a bit differently. For me, I gauge this by how entertained I am as a football fan. Can I watch a game between any top flight clubs, up and down the table, and have a high combo of quality and entertainment. So for me, like say if I had to pay subscribe to a league, EPL and Bundesliga would get my money before LaLiga.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I judge it a bit differently. For me, I gauge this by how entertained I am as a football fan. Can I watch a game between any top flight clubs, up and down the table, and have a high combo of quality and entertainment. So for me, like say if I had to pay subscribe to a league, EPL and Bundesliga would get my money before LaLiga.

If that's the case than no league would be getting my money. Except for La liga...and whoever has Argentinean players so, team by team basis really.

You'd catch me watching Sassuolo vs Cagliari at 9am if one of them had a player I'm invested in before watching Chelsea/Manu

Reactions: les Habs

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Série A I think is gonna rise again. Somewhat. I found games I watched from the Italian league this season more absorbing than I have for about 15 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luigi Habs

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Série A I think is gonna rise again. Somewhat. I found games I watched from the Italian league this part season more absorbing than I have for about 15 years.

Yeah, it's a pretty good league with great technical football and hard tackling. No idea why people don't like it.

Reactions: koyvoo

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
How is the PL first?

Obviously PL clubs will never get good value for money - as everyone know they are stacked, but it is unbelievable how little teams like Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal have gotten out of their money. Those 3 should on a regular basis be better than any 3rd team in Spain - they are not.

I have very little doubt that when Messi and Ronaldo are slowing down (Ronaldo I believe already is) the Spanish teams will be less dominant. They might still attract the best players, but I hardly doubt we will see two so dominant players for awhile - and the next one could very easily end up in the PL instead.

La Liga
PL
Bundesliga
Serie A
Ligue 1

Close call between the Bundesliga and Serie A for me this year. I really don´t understand how that league works - that no-one except Dortmund can establish themselves in that tier behind BM. Feels like there are quite a few big german teams that are underachieving.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Série A I think is gonna rise again. Somewhat. I found games I watched from the Italian league this season more absorbing than I have for about 15 years.
I agree it was my surprise of the year.

I used to sleep during italian league games in the past... not this year.

Reactions: koyvoo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->