GDT: Top 10 baby!! FINALLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
I must have been talking about Nik Ehlers back then? I am reading old draft posts. I am at 2014 actually where people were so happy to have Jack Glover when we could have had Brayden Point.

Yes you were:) It's crazy to read these old threads considering the fan expectation then vs now.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
So I'm just going to try a little exercise here and see what happens.

I'm going to see if my list beats the Jets list, going with BPA on my list only.

10th overall - Cole Perfetti

This one remains the same. Had Perfetti ranked at #5.

40th overall - Jean-Luc Foudy
Might have been a controversial pick to some but just love this kids game. He went 75th overall to Colorado. Had him ranked at #20.

133rd overall - Brett Berard

Berard was taken by the Rangers exactly one pick later at 134th overall. I had Berard ranked at #66.

164th overall - Alexander Pashin
Arguably the best Russian player at the Hlinka. Small but insanely talented. Went 199th overall to Carolina. I had him ranked at #69.

So overall my draft ended up with mostly small but skilled players. So here it is in plain site, to be revisited later to see if I can out draft the Jets.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
So I'm just going to try a little exercise here and see what happens.

I'm going to see if my list beats the Jets list, going with BPA on my list only.

10th overall - Cole Perfetti

This one remains the same. Had Perfetti ranked at #5.

40th overall - Jean-Luc Foudy
Might have been a controversial pick to some but just love this kids game. He went 75th overall to Colorado. Had him ranked at #20.

133rd overall - Brett Berard

Berard was taken by the Rangers exactly one pick later at 134th overall. I had Berard ranked at #66.

164th overall - Alexander Pashin
Arguably the best Russian player at the Hlinka. Small but insanely talented. Went 199th overall to Carolina. I had him ranked at #69.

So overall my draft ended up with mostly small but skilled players. So here it is in plain site, to be revisited later to see if I can out draft the Jets.
I believe in you!!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Pronman ranked the Jets' draft as 9th best, despite having only 4 picks (B+ grade), for what it's worth. He really like Perfetti at #10, and thinks both Swedes have NHL potential.

I liked the draft quite a bit other then the last pick. We added some more skill to our stable.

We could see maybe 5 Jets prospects at the WJC.

Reactions: Jets 31

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I found the gif for every Perfetti goal. :laugh:

giphy.gif

:laugh:

Reactions: Jets 31

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Just read through part of the 2014 draft thread (because, why not) and man have we lost some great posters :( RIP YWGinYYZ, TomServo, Aavco Cup, Allan5oh, Grump Hasek, JC Numminen and many more. Some great insights lost.

I only noticed one thing that hasn't changed :D

View attachment 371115

This place got pretty doom and gloom after 16/17 season and again recently. When every 3rd post is about firing Maurice a lot of people just don't come back.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
This place got pretty doom and gloom after 16/17 season and again recently. When every 3rd post is about firing Maurice a lot of people just don't come back.

I think fans expectations changed after the great PO run. To be fair though, the seasons since have been pretty damn depressing considering the talent on the team. I agree the fire PoMo is tiresome and I say that as someone who writes it at least every 10-20 posts :laugh:

Reactions: JetsFan815

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I think fans expectations changed after the great PO run. To be fair though, the seasons since have been pretty damn depressing considering the talent on the team. I agree the fire PoMo is tiresome and I say that as someone who writes it at least every 10-20 posts :laugh:

Alot of the people who ruin it for others rush back in when they think something bad has happened. For instance the Trouba trade thread go read it for laughs or sadness

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I must have been talking about Nik Ehlers back then? I am reading old draft posts. I am at 2014 actually where people were so happy to have Jack Glover when we could have had Brayden Point.
Just a few years ago we'd all be wearing Perfetti jerseys right now. I'm actually surprised how nobody (among casual fans) is talking about this. He's a far better prospect than Schiefele was

Reactions: Whileee and nhlpro

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Just a few years ago we'd all be wearing Perfetti jerseys right now. I'm actually surprised how nobody (among casual fans) is talking about this. He's a far better prospect than Schiefele was

Absolutely no one was wearing Scheif jerseys until he ascended to being our 1C. There was talk he was even verging in being a bust before then. Perfetti is most definitely the better junior player. Hopefully Scheif can be a good role model to the kid so he sees how much hard work can pay off.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Absolutely no one was wearing Scheif jerseys until he ascended to being our 1C. There was talk he was even verging in being a bust before then. Perfetti is most definitely the better junior player. Hopefully Scheif can be a good role model to the kid so he sees how much hard work can pay off.
That's true. Once we actually saw him it was a major letdown.

Re: Perfetti, I'm just a bit baffled by his drop. Lafreniere put up 1 more point.....in the Q yet! And people say he's a lock to be a star. Maybe it's size difference idk.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

I owned a Scheifele jersey by late 2014 during the days Sip was clamoring for him to be sent to the minors. :popcorn:

Reactions: Luc Labelle

nhlpro

Nov 12, 2015
Peg City
That's true. Once we actually saw him it was a major letdown.

Re: Perfetti, I'm just a bit baffled by his drop. Lafreniere put up 1 more point.....in the Q yet! And people say he's a lock to be a star. Maybe it's size difference idk.

Laff also played alot less games then Perfetti. Glad the flames knocked us out to get us the #5 pick this year!!!!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
He didn't get the nickname Bambie for nothing.:laugh:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Reminds me of Road Warrior when the leader of the Oil producing colony said to Max “every day their numbers grow and they get stronger, while we get weaker”

We have lost some Great posters.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

That he is, but Scheifele greatly overachieved most projections for him which makes it tough to compare to Perfetti's ceiling. Imo Perfetti could be an elite 1C if he can really address the weaknesses in his game and learn to play effectively in his own end.

As for Laf vs. Cole, Laf is definitely a much stronger physically and is a more polished skater. Other then that they are fairly comparable but Laf has had that extra year of junior. It will be interesting to see were Perfetti is after another year of physical development and seasoning.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
That he is, but Scheifele greatly overachieved most projections for him which makes it tough to compare to Perfetti's ceiling. Imo Perfetti could be an elite 1C if he can really address the weaknesses in his game and learn to play effectively in his own end.

As for Laf vs. Cole, Laf is definitely a much stronger physically and is a more polished skater. Other then that they are fairly comparable but Laf has had that extra year of junior. It will be interesting to see were Perfetti is after another year of physical development and seasoning.

Yeah Laf is bigger, plays more physical and is a better skater. There is definitely a bit of a gap between him and Perfetti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad