Recalled/Assigned: Tootoo

Johnz96*

Tootoo currently appears to be a poor man's Callahan. A little more physical and tougher but much less of an impact on the Griffs success (in the games that they have both played for the Griffs).

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Not saying he woulda been the difference tonight, but the team sure seemed like they lacked energy out there.

There's no excuse not to play him. He was integral to a structured franchise ran by an intelligent coach over in Nashville. He's a physical player on a soft team. He's a fast player on a slow team. He's an energetic player on a lackadaisical team.

Last time I checked, you don't need 12 forwards to kill penalties. So what if he doesn't play in all situations? Even if he plays 2 shifts in a game, those are two shifts where you notice him.

Also, he's signed for another year. If he has no place in the Wings future, why the hell would anyone want to take him off our hands when his current team is loathe to play him?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
There's no excuse not to play him. He was integral to a structured franchise ran by an intelligent coach over in Nashville. He's a physical player on a soft team. He's a fast player on a slow team. He's an energetic player on a lackadaisical team.

Last time I checked, you don't need 12 forwards to kill penalties. So what if he doesn't play in all situations? Even if he plays 2 shifts in a game, those are two shifts where you notice him.

Also, he's signed for another year. If he has no place in the Wings future, why the hell would anyone want to take him off our hands when his current team is loathe to play him?

they could use that last compliance buyout on him.

tootoo has been useful player, still think he can be useful player but it's just not with the wings.

too bad cuz i like him.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He was integral to a structured franchise ran by an intelligent coach over in Nashville.

Integral? Wasn't he a healthy scratch in the playoffs for Nasvhille too?

He’s spent three of their four playoff games in the press box. What has been the Predators’ rationale for that?

“I was told that my play towards the end of the season was awful and they got to go with the guys that are going (well),†Tootoo said.
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/20/jordin-tootoo-vents-about-being-a-healthy-scratch/

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
Tootoo is doing what he's been signed to do. Holland knew what he was getting when he signed him, a wrecking ball who gives the opposition fits, so on a team that is beyond soft and slow, do they send him down while guys like Eaves and Samuelsson remain? I'm beyond questioning why Cleary is still here because it's like banging your head against the wall.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Tootoo is doing what he's been signed to do. Holland knew what he was getting when he signed him, a wrecking ball who gives the opposition fits, so on a team that is beyond soft and slow, do they send him down while guys like Eaves and Samuelsson remain? I'm beyond questioning why Cleary is still here because it's like banging your head against the wall.

Samuelsson is irrelevant to the conversation, he stays while Tootoo gets sent down because Samuelsson being sent down only saves us 100k on the cap, while Tootoo saves 1.8m.

Tootoo would be on this team full time if he didn't make as much as he does - that's not Tootoo's fault, it's Holland's, but that's the numbers game.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Samuelsson is irrelevant to the conversation, he stays while Tootoo gets sent down because Samuelsson being sent down only saves us 100k on the cap, while Tootoo saves 1.8m.

Tootoo would be on this team full time if he didn't make as much as he does - that's not Tootoo's fault, it's Holland's, but that's the numbers game.

Sort of as you well know Heaton, it only saves us 900K in Tootoo's case or anybody under 35, you get 900K then you start being penalized the difference.

2.9 versus 1 million cap penalty.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Tootoo is lucky Sproul suited up last night, he was the second most useless guy on the Griffins. That is right Tootoo isn't even a key component down there either.

Though he seems to play about the most uninspired brand of hockey imaginable right now at the AHL level, clearly doesn't want to give it his all down there. Don't know if I blame him, they all want to hit him and see if he will go which he won't do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad