Post-Game Talk: Too Much Turkey

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Don't mean to pick on one player, but are people honestly impressed with Nygard? Apart from speed, he doesn't do much else. He's physical but still gets pushed down way too easily.

no one in the bottom six is creating anything. Nygard is the only player who’s somewhat noticeable. I’d like to see him get some minutes with linemates who aren’t complete black holes.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
Poor effort. Night and day. The urgency and effort was not there. LOTS of floating and watching by a lot of players from top to bottom. Little puck support and defensive support. Forcing bad passes. Laid a friggin eggs.

JJ Khaira has got to be near the end of his leash. What an awful effort. Playing like a guy who thinks he's entitled to a spot in the line up. I just flat out don't think he has the urgency and desperation to stay in the line up or the NHL.

Maybe the team was gassed after after the trip but it's the beginning of the season. They look lazy and tired. Cheating. Hoping their teammate will take care of the job and chip a loose puck up instead of getting into the play hard and supporting. They'd better bounce back with a MUCH more solid effort in the next bunch of games. Tips better let them know this was NOT ok despite a 5-0 start.

For me Khaira isn't near the end of his leash...The leash should be off at this point. Waive him for all i care he's absolute garbo

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Sloppy game aside from that late PP. Hope they can stop the bleeding quick. Keep playing like that, and the 5-0 start could get erased in a hurry.

Still waiting for the bottom 2 lines to be good for anything aside from the PK and a goal against a night at 5v5.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Still need goals from the bottom 6 that aren't coming right now. Dear god I hope this isn't going to be the same as last season.
A lot of people saying this but the bottom 6 had some nice chances. Archibald had breakaway and grandlund had a couple of nice chances. Crawford player well. We easily had enough chances to score 3 goals and win this game despite that ugly 2nd.

Reactions: onetweasy

Mickmagoo

Apr 2, 2017
If you think about it:
We missed a ton of breakaway and 2 on 1s in the first
Smith messed up on the 2nd.

That HAD to happen for us to lose. Unfortunuate and smith has to stop his leaky bs but otherwise not bad

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Well that’s usually the type of game that ends of winning streak.

Hawks played pretty well and we looked a little tired/sloppy.

Can’t wait to see how this team responds at home. Will tell us if this 5 game streak was a mirage.

Reactions: Mickmagoo

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Maybe if Khaira hadn’t of backed up for no apparent reason and took his man, which was Kane, that first goal would’ve never happened. Then there’s the Smith gaffe, Benning and Persson were garbage all night. Defensive miscues did us in tonight.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Can’t win them all but feel like we could of had this one.

No finish on any of the chances in the first period.

First line just off tonight. Too many give aways. Trying to be too cute.

The other lines just don’t create much. I liked Jurco but he hasn’t been effective for the last few games.

Archibald was only guy who was noticeable in the bottom 6 but he wasn’t great either.

Smith was good but that second goal against was mostly on him. Ended up being a difference breaker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad