Tony Hawk 1 and 2 Remaster:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Very excited for this one! My first name is Tony, so when I was a kid I idolized Tony Hawk and I really was obsessed with these games. Very much looking forward to these games.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Remember having a bit of fun with the game when I was a kid, won’t be getting this though.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
The past couple Tony Hawk games were awful. This needs to have a good feel. I'm also really cautious about touching anything Activision has a part of. I'd be too nervous of whatever slimy ways they can stuff microtransactions into the game that would ruin it.

The nostalgia value is certainly there but I'll definitely be waiting for reviews before considering picking it up. If the reviews are really good, I'll grab it.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I thought activision crapped out THPS 5 cause they were losing the license, did they get it back?

Anyways, my pet peeve, this is a remake, not a remaster.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
The past couple Tony Hawk games were awful. This needs to have a good feel. I'm also really cautious about touching anything Activision has a part of. I'd be too nervous of whatever slimy ways they can stuff microtransactions into the game that would ruin it.

The nostalgia value is certainly there but I'll definitely be waiting for reviews before considering picking it up. If the reviews are really good, I'll grab it.

It would be pretty hard to screw up a remaster, though. The developers behind the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane trilogy are making it. So far the only downside seems to be not being able to include the same songs due to licensing issues.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Getting sick of these nostalgia cash grab remakes/remasters. Make some new games that are better than ones that came out 21 years ago. It’s going to be $50 for this too.

I don't know if there are any stats to back this up, but I feel as though 2020 has had an especially large amount of remakes coming out. I think these feelings are also exasperated cause I love Nintendo and all the bug game they have coming out this year is the Xenoblade remaster, all I want is some new announcements!

Reactions: Beau Knows

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Getting sick of these nostalgia cash grab remakes/remasters. Make some new games that are better than ones that came out 21 years ago. It’s going to be $50 for this too.
Agreed. It almost just feels like they are conceding that they now suck at making new games, so lets reuse old games, but update the graphics.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Agreed. It almost just feels like they are conceding that they now suck at making new games, so lets reuse old games, but update the graphics.

The problem is that I bet this Tony Hawk game is going to be awesome. FF7 remake is probably awesome too. The Crash and Spyro remakes were awesome, etc...and these resources are being used to remake old games instead of come up with new ideas.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The problem is that I bet this Tony Hawk game is going to be awesome. FF7 remake is probably awesome too. The Crash and Spyro remakes were awesome, etc...and these resources are being used to remake old games instead of come up with new ideas.
Yeah, this will be great and make a ton of money because the originals were great. The times before micro-transactions when devs had to focus on gameplay instead of monetizing games.

PepperKeenan

Sep 22, 2012
Sweden
Gonna be an instant buy for me. These games were the absolute bomb when they first came. I even liked the THPS HD on PS3 tbh, played it recently so I loved these news.

I also have zero problem with "remaking/remastering" old games. I see it as getting a new oppurtunity to play these games, some that I missed when they first came out or just old classics with today's graphics. Compare it to buying a board game or deck of cards all those years ago, with wear n tear sometimes you just need to upgrade it, right.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I also have zero problem with "remaking/remastering" old games. I see it as getting a new oppurtunity to play these games, some that I missed when they first came out or just old classics with today's graphics. Compare it to buying a board game or deck of cards all those years ago, with wear n tear sometimes you just need to upgrade it, right.
Yeah, my only problem is if they are over-priced as if they are a brand new game.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Gonna be an instant buy for me. These games were the absolute bomb when they first came. I even liked the THPS HD on PS3 tbh, played it recently so I loved these news.

Right but imagine if they never came out with boardgames like: Sorry, Guess Who, Battleship, etc...because they just kept remaking Monopoly and Sorry. Not a perfect comparison but in general I think it's better to have new things that innovate over putting some shine on something old.

ESPECIALLY for the price. You can preorder this for $50 on the Xbox store. That's only $10 less than a brand new game, and for what? A graphics update, online play, and a few minor tweaks? Like I said in an earlier post, i'm sure the game will be fun as f*** but i'd rather game companies come up with new games and try to innovate more than re-do something we loved from 20 years ago.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018

They already had a great remake of tony hawk 1 and 2 before HD in 2x but nobody played it. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x - Wikipedia

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Right but imagine if they never came out with boardgames like: Sorry, Guess Who, Battleship, etc...because they just kept remaking Monopoly and Sorry. Not a perfect comparison but in general I think it's better to have new things that innovate over putting some shine on something old.

ESPECIALLY for the price. You can preorder this for $50 on the Xbox store. That's only $10 less than a brand new game, and for what? A graphics update, online play, and a few minor tweaks? Like I said in an earlier post, i'm sure the game will be fun as f*** but i'd rather game companies come up with new games and try to innovate more than re-do something we loved from 20 years ago.
Most game companies do. Having the odd developers that do remasters is fine.

Also this isn't just a graphics update. They're redoing a lot of stuff from the ground up. And apparently the create a park feature will have a ton a new stuff and be shareable online. So it's not a simple remaster.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
At least this one has online play included which adds something the original games didn't have.

But I'd much prefer they do a new game - a good one this time. But maybe this is a step towards that, if this does well maybe it breaths some life back into the franchise.

PepperKeenan

Sep 22, 2012
Sweden
I don't think I have any problem with the "but what if they made new games instead?!". They, as in game developers, are making loads of new games every day, and they're not all exactly great. Don't know a lot about game making but this company seem to have done a great job with remaking other games? don't know if it's their niche or something but if it is, good for them and me. There's still literally thousands of others making new games. Remaking these games are not a wasted effort, why not both you know? glass half full and all. The funding for game developing will not dry up because they're remaking a couple of old legendary games.

And for the price, if it's 50 bucks pre-order then that's basically 2 games for less than the price of 1 isn't it? If that's still too expensive, just wait 'til it's on sale maybe?

If you want a new skating game, why not try Skater XL, seems to be innovative enough and it's coming this july, see, we can have both.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad