Confirmed with Link: Toninato traded to FLA for D Jacob MacDonald

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Anyone have a report on Toninato for Panthers fans? Does he have NHL upside as a 4th line C? Or is he basically locked into the AHL? Thanks in advance!

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Anyone have a report on Toninato for Panthers fans? Does he have NHL upside as a 4th line C? Or is he basically locked into the AHL? Thanks in advance!

Good speed, good hockey sense, projects to be a capable defensive 4th line forward. However, he just doesn't have any finish whatsoever, even though the puck moves in the right direction whenever he's on the ice. I've no idea how good he is at faceoffs. Also not particularly physical, but not at all soft either.

I don't see him bumping anyone out of Florida's current lineup so I imagine he at least starts out in Springfield or wherever the Panthros' AHL affiliate is. He's good at the AHL level, he usually plays a top six role in the minors.

I was always a pretty big fan of the guy and was bummed they moved on from him before really trying him out but I can see why they decided use him in a trade to address other concerns.

Reactions: McMetal and cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah, the puck doesn't jump off Toni's stick right to the opposition the way it did off Cliche's, but the boy just has no finish. He should be a good 4th line call up that can kill some penalties while up.

Reactions: Pokecheque

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I think he could be a solid #4c, I liked him a lot when he was called up.

Good speed, good hockey sense, projects to be a capable defensive 4th line forward. However, he just doesn't have any finish whatsoever, even though the puck moves in the right direction whenever he's on the ice. I've no idea how good he is at faceoffs. Also not particularly physical, but not at all soft either.

I don't see him bumping anyone out of Florida's current lineup so I imagine he at least starts out in Springfield or wherever the Panthros' AHL affiliate is. He's good at the AHL level, he usually plays a top six role in the minors.

I was always a pretty big fan of the guy and was bummed they moved on from him before really trying him out but I can see why they decided use him in a trade to address other concerns.

Thanks...sounds like he may get some games in our bottom 6 depending on how training camp/injuries shake out. With Lammikko being out of the picture for at least next season, Toninato may have been brought in with that in mind. He's still unsigned though, so we'll see where it goes.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Thanks...sounds like he may get some games in our bottom 6 depending on how training camp/injuries shake out. With Lammikko being out of the picture for at least next season, Toninato may have been brought in with that in mind. He's still unsigned though, so we'll see where it goes.

I can't imagine he'll be that hard to sign, probably just some details to iron out. He might want a one-way deal and what not, shouldn't be a sticking point for too long though. But yeah in the event of injuries he'd be a very solid callup.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Toni's a decent 4C. Maybe not full time on a playoff team, but part time for sure, and he can be a full time 4C on a rebuilding team.

No stand out qualities, but he's got decent size, decent speed, decent hands for a 4th liner, and decent on the forecheck. Good team guy it seems too. Not a lot of offense or creativity but he's not going to hurt you much either. He's a safe option for a coach because he knows what he's gonna get from Toninato.

I would have been ok with Toninato on the 4th line for lack of a better alternative, but obviously Bellemare is an upgrade.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Old MacDonald had a farm team spot.

2X02.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad