Post-Game Talk: Tonight, The Myth Of Hammond Died (Habs win 4-3, lead series 1-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
As I wrote in the other thread about Subban not being suspended about the Stone "microfracture"

"Just talked to a friend of mine (med student). He said the only way to see a microfracture is to do a "scintillation" test and a normal X-Ray wouldn't be able to show it well.

It consists of injecting a substance that binds itself to areas of the body that is regenerating fast (microfractures, microtrauma) and you get a scan of spots that are well illuminated, which means that it is healing. If you see spots on this test that you didn't see on the X-Ray, usually is a microtrauma/microfracture.

Only problem with this test is that you have to wait 24 hours to get this test done, if not the results aren't reliable.

So even the doctors on Sens' side are stupid. (been approx 12 hours)

Just trying to get Subban suspended."

Actually, you're right and wrong.

You can get a 'scouting' scintigraphy test in a couple of hours after injecting the glowing agent. For further tests you wait 24h so that more molecules of the agent would stay attached to damaged bones, magnifying the injury.

I know my kid had to do that test.

But yeah, microfractures are probably harder to diagnose in a few hours, unless they're very obvious. It's really a case by case scenario. I wouldn't call out Sens doctors on that. Also, i'd like to tell, for Stone fans, that when a bone gets microfractured, it comes back STRONGER and TOUGHER. Here's to a stronger and tougher Mark Stone ! :yo:

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Paraphrasing:

Ray Ferraro: "So apparently (Subban) threatened him (Stone)? So what? Dale Hunter used to tell me he'd stick his hockey stick down my throat. That's the playoffs. I'll bet you Sens players threatened Gallagher too."

Ferraro: "When I played, during the playoffs, right after a faceoff I'd try to slash players on the ankles as hard as I could and they'd do the same thing to me."

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Ray Fereiro coming up on 690. Actually interested in hearing what he has to say about this entire thing. My guess, tells the Sens to shut up and play and that the penalty was warranted but that's it.

"Beat them on the scoreboard" kind of stuff. He's usually pretty level headed, much like Mike Johnson.

He just said Dale Hunter threatened to drive his stick down Ferraro's throat. :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Chirping has always been apart of the game. The fact that the Sens organization wants an "investigation" of a threat is a ****ing joke.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
He just said Dale Hunter threatened to drive his stick down Ferarro's throat. :laugh:

Yeah and that on every face off in the playoffs he tried to break someones ankle or wrist and that everyone did it to him too. It's the playoffs, and the Sens are being whiners.

They're the guy that goes to Las Vegas and then comes home and tells his wife everything his friends did.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
Ray Ferraro: "So apparently (Subban) threatened him (Stone)? So what? Dale Hunter used to tell me he'd stick his hockey stick down my throat. That's the playoffs."

Yeah... "Hockey stick". Yeah... "threaten" ;)

Quagmier

Feb 6, 2003
pics.rapecity.net
Ray Ferraro: "What apparently (Subban) threatened him (Stone)? So what, Dale Hunter used to tell me he'd stick his hockey stick down my throat."

Great interview. He summed up the hypocrisy perfectly. The media always wants to know what happens on the ice...and then they hear it and can't handle it.

Slashing on the hand, on the ankle...that happened EVERY SHIFT according to Ferraro. He didn't condone it, but was very clear that that's the reality.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Great interview. He summed up the hypocrisy perfectly. The media always wants to know what happens on the ice...and then they hear it and can't handle it.

Slashing on the hand, on the ankle...that happened EVERY SHIFT according to Ferraro. He didn't condone it, but was very clear that that's the reality.
Stone gets hit once and rolls around in agony. At the other end, Gallagher gets boarded, hacked, whacked, elbowed, slashed, speared, and keeps smiling:laugh:

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Paraphrasing again:

Ferraro on Hammond: "His side to side movement is very questionable. He doesn't get to the sides fast enough."

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
This is sports, people. With millions of dollars on the line. Hall of fame careers get made in the playoffs. Players legacies are on the line.

If you seriously don't think there is chirping/threats going on, or you are offended by the fact that there are, please get a grip and at least try being the least bit logical about this.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Yeah and that on every face off in the playoffs he tried to break someones ankle or wrist and that everyone did it to him too. It's the playoffs, and the Sens are being whiners.

They're the guy that goes to Las Vegas and then comes home and tells his wife everything his friends did.

Actually, it's Sens being served their own medicine and I LOVE their reaction. For once it isn't a Hab that gets injured.

Oh and I don't fear retaliation (unless it's on Price).

Do you guys think top D in the game dosen't mean a little bit of controversial hits and sandpaper ? The only top D I've ever known in the NHL that was as gentle as a lamb was Lidstrom, all the other top Ds I've watched were all dirty SOBs. And I don't blame them. That's how hockey always has been.

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006

I lol'd at this, so true! I can relate, I know that guy... :shakehead

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Amazing how the narrative of this series has been flipped upside down. Up until yesterday it was all about the big tough Sens and how Montreal should expect to be hit, hurt and dominated.

One day later and the Habs are the big mean bad guys. Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad