Post-Game Talk: Tonight, The Myth Of Hammond Died (Habs win 4-3, lead series 1-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Ha. Habs fans should just boycott the main board and then Sens fans can just listen to themselves talk all day long and make ***** of themselves in front of other teams fans.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
What's getting lost in all this controversy is the fact that the Habs played a really solid game. They skated circles around the likes of Ceci, Wiercoch, Borowieki. Everybody save Parenteau looked noticeable out there.

I dislike PAP a bit but I thought he played better than Desharnais yesterday. DD looked a bit lost in the storm yesterday. PAP is able to slow down the play a bit which is sometimes valuable. And I'm a supporter of DD...

I thought everyone asides from DD played well yesterday, but if Pacioretty is back next game - which I doubt - I'd sit DLR. Grit worked yesterday but we will need firepower too and we have already many grinders/PKers in our lineup.

Pacioretty - DD - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Parenteau
Weise - Eller - DSP
Prust - Mitchell - Flynn

If Pacioretty is back. Otherwise I keep the same lines.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Gallagher gets five slashes a game that cause fractures?

I mean, really?

What he did was indefensible. Trying to pretend that two handed slashes that break bones are "common place" and that they happen to Habs players all the time without a call is deep into fantasyland.

So if there's no fracture it's okay?? Is a high stick more vicious when a player bleeds??
That's such a flawed logic. Some people have stronger bones than others, some people bleed easier than others.

It was a slash that happens frequently during games. Unfortunately, THIS TIME, it lead to an injury.
Indefensible, jesus christ, it's as if he killed the president of the universe.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Is that a ****ing joke? Lol.

I expected that sort of **** from Melnyk, not Murray. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if Murray is just relaying Melnyk's orders. What a clown organization.

Melnyk has most definitely called the NHL to complain given his track record.

Canadian_Brewtality

Feb 16, 2005
whole series turned into a gong show

too bad, think there could be some really great hockey.

Now i think instead of talking hockey, were gonna talk injuries and retaliation.

sad.

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY
The amount of hypocrisy that board has is insane. I'm ashamed.

Now that we know he's injured... It's Kreider all over again... this board would EXPLODE if it happened to us. Why can't you guys accept the fact it was a ****ing reckless move from Subban and stop defending him/embracing the situation?

Sorry, I for one most certainly do not know that he's injured.

I have the guy returning to the game 3 minutes after he died for our sins on the ice.

I have the guy throwing punches at the end of the game after he returned from the dead.

I have a tweet from the Sens saying he "might" have a "microfracture", an injury whose definition no one really seems to know.

He misses Game 2, fine, then we can talk, but until that point, I'm not convinced the King is dead.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Yesterday, we had a lot of 3-2, 2-1 and breakaways. Sens defensive play isn't impressive at all.

*edit* let's change subject... Senators fans are like Bruins fans, they whine, it's boring

Habitant by heart

Nov 18, 2012
As I wrote in the other thread about Subban not being suspended about the Stone "microfracture"

"Just talked to a friend of mine (med student). He said the only way to see a microfracture is to do a "scintillation" test and a normal X-Ray wouldn't be able to show it well.

It consists of injecting a substance that binds itself to areas of the body that is regenerating fast (microfractures, microtrauma) and you get a scan of spots that are well illuminated, which means that it is healing. If you see spots on this test that you didn't see on the X-Ray, usually is a microtrauma/microfracture.

Only problem with this test is that you have to wait 24 hours to get this test done, if not the results aren't reliable.

So even the doctors on Sens' side are stupid. (been approx 12 hours)

Just trying to get Subban suspended."

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
Our physical play was pretty impressive. We definitely aren't LA or Anaheim physical but we are no longer soft and people are going to start noticing. Reading the "Soffest Team" thread on the main board is pretty funny. Ottawa did not seem intimidating whatsoever.

Eller is an absolute monster out there. It seems like players have such a difficult time containing him.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Yesterday, we had a lot of 3-2, 2-1 and breakaways. Sens defensive play isn't impressive at all.

*edit* let's change subject... Senators fans are like Bruins fans, they whine, it's boring

Agreed. I liked our forecheck on their young defensive core. What I noticed is Karlsson having trouble managing the rush against our fourth line, which is awesome. If Therrien doesn't have to worry about sending the bottom-6 against their top defender, it should give him some flexibility for the line matchups.

It's funny to read Senators fans whining about the game being crappy and disorganized. I know they've been in-an-out of the playoffs the last couple of seasons and they didn't have much success when they made it, but they shouldn't be surprised about the way the playoffs are played. Faster pace and high intensity mean less structured hockey. That's where the Canadiens experience helps a lot.

And let's give props to Therrien and Bergevin for once. Surprisingly I didn't read too much about how MT managed his bench yesterday. Desharnais didn't play too much... And Flynn, Mitchell, Petry and DSP were all great yesterday, thanks to Bergevin.

Same intensity for game #2 and I'll be happy.

Nynja*

I just remembered it was Stone who bumped into Price in the 1st period. Hit him in the head.

Have a gif/video by chance?
I mean, if thats the case, then Subban did exactly what we wanted: dont let anyone touch Price.

And like I posted in the thread where sens fans can increase the salt content here, Subban's hockey IQ is off the charts.
in 2013, Gryba took out Eller in game 1 with a disgusting illegal headshot, the league stepped in and said "now now, just play hockey"
in 2014, Kreider took out Price in game 1 with his "cleats up baseball slide" into Price's knee, and the league stepped in and said "now now, just play hockey"
in 2015, Subban took out Stone, and now the league stepped in and said "now now, just play hockey"

But, much lulz were had that "Mark Stone is the sens best foward". If your best forward is a rookie, you got problems son.

Last edited by a moderator:

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Who cares if he loses money or not? Doesn't impact the game, and the players would have passed a jar around to get him his money back

I care more about what he said about injuring one of our guys rather than the lobbying. Still, if he loses money, it'll teach him to shut his mouth and think before he speaks.

Those comments were ridiculous and do not belong in any sport.

All those things aside, this series is going to be crazy. Last nights game had me sweating I was so stressed lol.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
As I wrote in the other thread about Subban not being suspended about the Stone "microfracture"

"Just talked to a friend of mine (med student). He said the only way to see a microfracture is to do a "scintillation" test and a normal X-Ray wouldn't be able to show it well.

It consists of injecting a substance that binds itself to areas of the body that is regenerating fast (microfractures, microtrauma) and you get a scan of spots that are well illuminated, which means that it is healing. If you see spots on this test that you didn't see on the X-Ray, usually is a microtrauma/microfracture.

Only problem with this test is that you have to wait 24 hours to get this test done, if not the results aren't reliable.

So even the doctors on Sens' side are stupid. (been approx 12 hours)

Just trying to get Subban suspended."

I'm an MD albeit I don't do physical medicine anymore but I confirm what your friend said, and Fx can be hard to see on an inflamed wrist, so unless they did do a Scinti or CT or MRI I have no idea how they got that diagnostic. My guess is they paid in a private clinic or that tweet is complete BS.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Sorry, I for one most certainly do not know that he's injured.

I have the guy returning to the game 3 minutes after he died for our sins on the ice.

I have the guy throwing punches at the end of the game after he returned from the dead.

I have a tweet from the Sens saying he "might" have a "microfracture", an injury whose definition no one really seems to know.

He misses Game 2, fine, then we can talk, but until that point, I'm not convinced the King is dead.
I'd say he's injured... we just don't know to what degree. Is he broken or just maimed? It was a pretty good chop.

ChikN

Sep 1, 2010
Montréal
Apparently Stone is now Luke Skywalker, Zibanejad has to breathe through a hole in his throat and Hammond was bad because Gallagher ran him over.

Edit: Can anyone photoshop Subban as Darth Vader on the slash gif?? Would be epic.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Well if i wasn't excited about the playoffs before I am now ! The better team won. Was really worried about this series but looks like the habs should pull through and possibly even sweep. They couldn't do anything 5 on 5 and I think that the emotions and whining are going to play against their favor.

Our next opponent is going to be one of detroit or tampa. Going to be watching that game tonight. Should be a good series.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I'm an MD albeit I don't do physical medicine anymore but I confirm what your friend said, and Fx can be hard to see on an inflamed wrist, so unless they did do a Scinti or CT or MRI I have no idea how they got that diagnostic. My guess is they paid in a private clinic or that tweet is complete BS.

I think Friedman said Stone got an MRI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad