Player Discussion Tomas Tatar (Part Two-na)

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
giphy.gif
Omg I'm convinced now. He's awesome.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If they are truly gifted then why don’t they make the playoffs?

To be fair to Hughes, he just his rookie year. So he should be better this year.

Also, those centers are talented. But the Devils have a lot more to do to become a better team.

Hamilton going there should help them too.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Tatar will be great this year. He's going to a new team, they probably won't have much time in the playoffs so he won't have to deal with the whistleless refs, and he'll be motivated after sitting through the playoffs in spite of playing well when he did play.

Tatar really points out the flaws in the NHL, he plays a beautiful game, and he's ineffective in the playoffs. The NHL makes hockey ugly.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
The guy came in and was basically one of our best players for 3 years in a row and people treat him like he's garbage! :facepalm:

you almost always jump to conclusions, i have been a huge tuna fan for his entire tenure here, own his jersey, and have long defended him in debates.

new jersey is also one of the worst offensive teams in the league. I suspect he’ll struggle in their system.

not really sure you are even worth responding to in the first place, but there’s that.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
you almost always jump to conclusions, i have been a huge tuna fan for his entire tenure here, own his jersey, and have long defended him in debates.

new jersey is also one of the worst offensive teams in the league. I suspect he’ll struggle in their system.

not really sure you are even worth responding to in the first place, but there’s that.

Coaches tend to kill offensive systems, there aren't many who can cope. The stereotype is that the coach gets credit for defense, players get credit for offense. Many coaches, and most recent habs coaches other than Vigneault who was actually good, just focus on defense for their reputations. Notably Therrien was a way better coach when his confidence was low and he was not asserting his authority than when he thought he was a genius coach and insisted the guys driving the offense stop doing that and just bang the puck off the glass.

NJ is trying to move toward an offensive system, they have Hughes and other high picks who should be able to produce assuming all the offense wasn't coming from Caufield and that the coach doesn't muzzle them. If they let Tatar play a skill game he'll do well, if they insist that he play physically and safely he won't do much.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Good luck in your new jersey.

Anyway, always thought he was pretty darned skilled offensively 'cept for his shot. However, I am sorry that my most recent memories of him were turnovers in the neutral zone leading to goals for the opposition.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Tuna on his instagram:

I would like to thank the Habs for 3 great years. To all the fans - I felt your support from the day I arrived. The Tomas Tataaaaar video was an amazing hit. I loved it. To my two linemates Gally and Dano . Gally - It was fun teaching you how to play 7 Up and 7 down with the bad cards you always got. To Phil - you were the first NHL teammate I had to teach to speak English. That was fun. Thank you for the great memories and your friendship.

Pure class. You could see he really loved playing here.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Tatar will be great this year. He's going to a new team, they probably won't have much time in the playoffs so he won't have to deal with the whistleless refs, and he'll be motivated after sitting through the playoffs in spite of playing well when he did play.

Tatar really points out the flaws in the NHL, he plays a beautiful game, and he's ineffective in the playoffs. The NHL makes hockey ugly.
Yes, fierce competition is often ugly.

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Tuna on his instagram:

I would like to thank the Habs for 3 great years. To all the fans - I felt your support from the day I arrived. The Tomas Tataaaaar video was an amazing hit. I loved it. To my two linemates Gally and Dano . Gally - It was fun teaching you how to play 7 Up and 7 down with the bad cards you always got. To Phil - you were the first NHL teammate I had to teach to speak English. That was fun. Thank you for the great memories and your friendship.

Pure class. You could see he really loved playing here.

Loved the What's Up commercials chant of his name (hillarious).....I did it on the main board so i may as well do it here too.......Tomas Tataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Very gracious way for him to talk about playing here despite his exit. He has some good memories from here. Best of luck Tatar and if it ain't against us, hope you get to raise a Cup and be a big contributor to a winner. He came to us as a cap dump and look at what he gave us.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Yes, fierce competition is often ugly.
No problem with fierce competition, but the refs are supposed to be there to make sure it’s hockey. The habs benefited this year but it doesn’t improve the game when big, slow guys can drag down the fast, skilled players.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Really, really, really wanted him dealt at the 2020 TDL when it was a sellers market
I like Tatar, but bad asset management. Should have been moved along with many others. Our team looks worse going into next season in most areas. They need a huge breakout from all the young guys. We sat at 18th this year. I highly doubt we see the playoffs, and if so we snuck into last place, or another rule change to get us in.

Reactions: Hins77

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

Jump to conclusions? I just read this thread and it's the vibe I got.

Good riddance galore...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad