Player Discussion Tomas Tatar (Part Two-na)

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
as-they-say-in-canada-peace-oot.jpg

Reactions: holy and Trash Man

frenchcanayan

Jul 26, 2021
Anderson's physicality may have played a big role in our playoff run.

But I still really don't know where he fits in the lineup. My gut tells me he doesn't have the puck skills to play with Suzuki and Caufield. But hopefully it works out.

your gut should tell you that you shouldnt be playing 3 right handed players on the same line. It works good at sim mode ea sports, they kinda had too in the playoffs, but no thats not his spot

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
your gut should tell you that you shouldnt be playing 3 right handed players on the same line. It works good at sim mode ea sports, they kinda had too in the playoffs, but no thats not his spot

It also worked with Toffoli. It is what it is. There are bigger issues than that in finding the right line combos.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Perfect place for him to land...

no pressure, low/outside chance at the playoffs, skilled C's to play with.

could see him match or exceed career-high numbers playing with Hischier or Hughes. Might even juice his production up enough to sign another larger deal in two years somewhere, even more so if the Devils don't make the playoffs and he can just keep lighting up the regular season stat sheet.

Their top-6 is going to struggle against physical teams, but there's some great talent there.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
So Hoffman and Tatar are getting the same salary with Hoffman getting an extra year. Here's their average goal, assist and point total per game average and over 82 games

Last 5 seasons

Mike Hoffman- 0.36 goals per game, 0.42 assists per game 0.78 pts per game AVG of 64.8 pts per 82 games

Tomas Tatar- 0.28 goals per game, 0.35 assists per game 0.63 pts per game AVG of 51.7 pts per 82 games

Last 3 seasons (all seasons with Habs for Tatar)

Mike Hoffman- 0.40 goals per game, 0.41 assists per game 0.81 pts per game AVG of 66.4 pts per 82 games

Tomas Tatar- 0.29 goals per game, 0.46 assists per game 0.75 pts per game AVG of 61.5 pts per 82 games

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Gallagher will miss badly Tatar and Danault. And he is starting his brand new 6 year contract at 6,5M $

They’ll miss him, too. Danault needs good wingers and Tatar needs guys to fight for the puck so that he can use his hands. I’ll miss Tatar’s skill.

Reactions: holy

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Really frustrating we didn't get to see him against Tampa. Hopefully DD learns from it.
Well he's gone to Jersey. The organization learned nothing. They would rather play Paquette and Perreault, talentless local boys. Although Hoffman is a playoff producer. Would have been fun to have Tatar back. As for Danault, he should have been traded last year for futures when he refused those 30 mil.

Hoffman Suzuki Caufield
Tatar KK Toffoli
Lek Dvorak Anderson
Armia Evans Perry
Paquette Poehling Perreault

This would have been an ideal lineup for next season.

Byron, Drouin and Gallagher are all expendable.

With the loss of Perry, Danault and Tatar, a 3rd shutdown C is missing. Right now, my lines look like this :

Hoffman Suzuki Caufield
Toffoli/Drouin KK Gallagher/Anderson
Lek xxx Armia/Anderson/Gallagher
Byron Evans Armia
Paquette Poehling Perreault

I see no room for Drouin on this team.

Last edited:

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Considering he was the most talented of his line, ironic he got the worst contract.

anyway, he was unique here as we had no skill, GL in New Jersey Tuna

Reactions: the

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Gallagher will miss badly Tatar and Danault. And he is starting his brand new 6 year contract at 6,5M $

The season prior to playing together, Gallagher scored 31 goals with a washed up Plekanec and Charles Hudon. Meanwhile Tatar had 34 points and Danault was on pace for 39 points.

I would say it is more likely that Tatar/Danault will miss Gallagher, rather than the other way around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad