Tomas Tatar 7 points in 5 games

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Nobody was under the impression that he would continue his point per game pace all season, but he should be good around 50-55 points this year if he and Gallagher stay healthy. He has 11 points in 14 games but his shooting pct is just 7.3 percent while normally its between 11% and 15%. I feel like the goals will be coming soon too.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
If CJ flips Kotka with Danault I feel that top line could really take off.

Tatar - Kotka - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Lehk
Byron - Danault - Armia
Hudon - Peca - Shaw

Danault is a great 3C, but when matched up against other teams' shutdown units he can't really keep up.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
I had such a gigantic hunch this would happen, that MTL would win this trade bigly. MTL should obviously have added, not VGK. Tatar is a decently young player with some relative feistiness and scoring upside. Pacioretty is a limited non-multi-faceted one-trick pony with a good shot who disappears like a cruise ship in an methane gas field in the playoffs because he really can't create much on his own.

I also didn't like VGKs acquisition of Stastny. Not a bad player, but such a classic mistake: new team takes the league with storm in first year, advances to the finals, but eventually loses to a better team. Said team still believes they're the shit though, and that they will be back in the finals next year if they only adds some "veteran presence" to the young core to "get over the final hump". :ha:

VAN did this in a sense with Messier in the late 90s, after their 94 run, but that guy had at least actually been a real difference maker, once upon a time (somewhere in between Cretaceous and Jurassic).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad