Tomas Tatar 7 points in 5 games

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
All this stems from Craig Rivet

The trade that keeps on giving.

Rivet was traded for a better defenseman (Gorges) and a pick. That pick became Paccioretty. Paccioretty was traded for another top 6 player (to early to about better or worse.. looks better so far, should be worse technically), a top prospect and a pick. Let's hope that all subsequent Rivet trades are as profitable as the original one.

As for Pac, I have no idea why he has been playing so uninspired. I believe he still is (or should be) a good skater and solid defensive forward with a great shot. Results have really been lacking for the past year and I feel like it is because of skating and maybe effort. He definitely plays more passive than he used to and waits for others to feed him the puck rather than create.

Tatar, on the other hand, has been very feisty so far. Some say he is streaky. We will see if that happens, but if he keeps that level of effort, even without scoring he should be useful. Maybe playing with Gally will help keep his level of effort consistent.

Great trade so far for MTL.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
The trade that keeps on giving.

Rivet was traded for a better defenseman (Gorges) and a pick. That pick became Paccioretty. Paccioretty was traded for another top 6 player (to early to about better or worse.. looks better so far, should be worse technically), a top prospect and a pick. Let's hope that all subsequent Rivet trades are as profitable as the original one.

As for Pac, I have no idea why he has been playing so uninspired. I believe he still is (or should be) a good skater and solid defensive forward with a great shot. Results have really been lacking for the past year and I feel like it is because of skating and maybe effort. He definitely plays more passive than he used to and waits for others to feed him the puck rather than create.

Tatar, on the other hand, has been very feisty so far. Some say he is streaky. We will see if that happens, but if he keeps that level of effort, even without scoring he should be useful. Maybe playing with Gally will help keep his level of effort consistent.

Great trade so far for MTL.
Great? Don't forget,Montreal also got Suzuki!

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
That line is just a machine at creating OZ and NZ turnovers. Almost a 65% Corsi together in 6 games. Danault and Gallagher complement him perfectly too.

RiskyBryzness21

Mar 23, 2017
Watching him with the Wings, he made an impression as a skilled player who's very weak on the puck, turnover machine if you will. Dunno if he's changed much.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Watching him with the Wings, he made an impression as a skilled player who's very weak on the puck, turnover machine if you will. Dunno if he's changed much.

Haven't seen much of that so far, but its been 6 games and he's playing with Danault, whose a pretty strong puck retriever and Gallagher, who is an elite play driver.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Still looking solid for us, 11 points in 12 games and clicks nicely with Gallagher

Imagine if the two of them had a real scoring line centre. I know the Finnish line was solid tonight but I would live to see kotka between those two.

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
I defended him when people were calling him a "throw in." The guy is a legit 20-30 goal scorer and 50 points. He's far from a throw in and plays with a lot of passion, teammates love him. Glad he's making the most of it!

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
11 points in 12 games for Tomas and only 2 points in 10 for Max.

Vegas may have lost some point production in Tatar, but at least they’ll be Patio-Ready come early April.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I think its also worth pointing out that most of Tatar's 8 assists so far have been on Gallagher's goals. Those two (and Domi) have basically been the team's offense so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad