Player Discussion Tomas Plekanec

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Clearly between Chucky and Mitchell, we need better centers.

DD is barely AHL level, it's like playing Russian roulette everytime hes on the ice. Can't believe Hudon can't replace him in 10 games or so.

Pleky is done as a legitimate top 6 center (much like Markov is done as a top pairing D)

One solution is to use Pleky with SHAW and CARR
and to trade big for a real top 6 center.

Lol ok

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
For this reason alone I would not be against the idea of having Plekanec and Galchenyuk switch places.

For a really emotional guy, our coach sure seems to hate it when the players show emotion. I think that Galchenyuk and Radulov feed off of emotion and confidence where as Plekanec and Pacioretty are more low key steady eddy types you. They would be a very strong two way line that is capable of producing against the other teams best lines. On the other hand both are extremely sound defensively and he might want one of each on different lines to make each line a non liability.

I kept saying for a while now that Plekanec will have a harder time this season considering our 1st and 3rd line aren't capable of taking some of the defensive load.

Lehkonen and Radulov are not the winger to do that but Pacioretty and Gallagher are.

We had a good set-up last year that worked pretty well to start the season, Therrien should go back to that.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher (2-way line...and they were all PPG player for the 1st 25 game last year)
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov (Go to guy offensively)

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
I kept saying for a while now that Plekanec will have a harder time this season considering our 1st and 3rd line aren't capable of taking some of the defensive load.

Lehkonen and Radulov are not the winger to do that but Pacioretty and Gallagher are.

We had a good set-up last year that worked pretty well to start the season, Therrien should go back to that.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher (2-way line...and they were all PPG player for the 1st 25 game last year)
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov (Go to guy offensively)

I agree. That second line is better than Lehkonen - Plekanec - Radulov. And the first line has proven to be effective. I don't think Pac and Gally change much in terms of production with either centre but that Lehk Rad pair would be a lot better with AG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad