Player Discussion Tomas Plekanec - Hope He Heats Up Soon Edition (HE SLEEPIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
He's their #1 centre, and he was a non-factor outside the faceoff dot.

Yeah those one handed plekaslash powers really did wonders last night. I can't believe you are still defending this pylon of a player.: shakehead

I have been angry about him staying a hab since we tossed Saku overboard to keep this turd pile.
Saku 50 points in 65 games and pleks had 39 points in 80 games. Guess which guy we kept?

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Plekanec 1 goal in last 22 games. 1 assist in last 20 games.

Lars Eller 0 goals in last 19. 1 assist in last 15.

What a terrific 2C/3C punch that would have been:laugh:

And what does Eller have to do with this team or thread? Did the 'rock' you were under get too hot. Did you need to bash the Capitals eller for some reason?
LOL Pleks 25 points plays with decent players 2nd C and kills their offence
vs Eller 22 points as a third line center exactly half the salary.

one guy checks and plays hard the other is so allergic to contact he hasn't been injured in years.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
And what does Eller have to do with this team or thread? Did the 'rock' you were under get too hot. Did you need to bash the Capitals eller for some reason?
LOL Pleks 25 points plays with decent players 2nd C and kills their offence
vs Eller 22 points as a third line center exactly half the salary.

one guy checks and plays hard the other is so allergic to contact he hasn't been injured in years.

Larry makes $4.25m this season and will make $4.75m next season-79.1% of Plekanec's salary next year.

Sorry that Larry's 0 goals in his last 20 games and one assist in his last 15 upsets you.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yeah those one handed plekaslash powers really did wonders last night. I can't believe you are still defending this pylon of a player.: shakehead

I have been angry about him staying a hab since we tossed Saku overboard to keep this turd pile.
Saku 50 points in 65 games and pleks had 39 points in 80 games. Guess which guy we kept?

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Since when is Jordan Staal a legit threat of a center? He is only good enough to flirt with 50 when everything goes right and he hasn't hit even or eclipsed that number since he was with Pittsburgh, and he hasn't done it even after a promotion since his big brother is no longer in Carolina.

I forgot he was still playing.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Checkers are still useful. He just does not have the offense in him anymore to command a larger role.

Are we still talking about Pleks? He's constantly 2 steps behind the play, and is physically unable to take the body. He has no business playing at this point in his career, he is completely useless at all ends of the ice.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Are we still talking about Pleks? He's constantly 2 steps behind the play, and is physically unable to take the body. He has no business playing at this point in his career, he is completely useless at all ends of the ice.

I have to agree with this, his play has been cringe worthy this season.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Well if he's no good at the ends he was never much good in the corners. :laugh:
We stuck far too long with him IMO.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
One hand on the stick Pleky.... he may as well not even play with a stick, just skate around in circles.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

If he stalls his rate of decline, I bet he will get another contract in this league in a checking role. He's still a good positional player (so I disagree about being 2 steps behind) without the puck, and someone will still hold out hope that he might rekindle some of that lost offense.

If he continues to decline at this rate, then this could easily be his final nhl contract.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Well if he's no good at the ends he was never much good in the corners. :laugh:
We stuck far too long with him IMO.

For sure we did.

Funny when you think about it - The Hawks let go better players than we keep or acquire.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I don't see the point in bringing up his salary all the time. I said it he's overpaid!

It doesn't mean he sucks as a player. His offense is not there anymore but he's still solid in all the other aspects of the game.

You know that the center is the most important piece when we talk about the defensive game. I'm not saying he does it alone out there but he's the main ingredient on that shutdown line. You can change the wingers and he will still be able to do a good job.

:laugh:

If you want a long list of abilities of a hockey player that "don't really matter" ...Just go to a Tomas Plekanec thread. His fans are more that willing to provide them.

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad