Confirmed with Link: Tomas Plekanec Back with Habs (1-Year @ $2.25M + Bonuses - Could Go to $3.5M)

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
This signing means the following:

We are officially in a rebuild

We will not pickup a number one centre

We are in rebuild mode

I'm good with that

Lol, no we're not.
If you go into rebuild and take a bad contract, you don't ask for a 25 years old winger instead of good pick or a prospect.
If you go into a rebuild, you don't make a lateral trade with Galchenyuk, you go for a Tatar's type of return.
If you go into a rebuild you play the kids like Juulsen, Mete, DLR...not Plekanec, Shlemko, Benn or Petry.
If you go into a rebuild you do what the Rangers did.

Bergevin simply failed at every attempts he made so far. Either it was trading Pacioretty, getting O'reilly, Tavares or Stastny and now he simply don't have a clue what to do.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Lol, no we're not.
If you go into rebuild and take a bad contract, you don't ask for a 25 years old winger instead of good pick or a prospect.
If you go into a rebuild, you don't make a lateral trade with Galchenyuk, you go for a Tatar's type of return.
If you go into a rebuild you play the kids like Juulsen, Mete, DLR...not Plekanec, Shlemko, Benn or Petry.
If you go into a rebuild you do what the Rangers did.

Bergevin simply failed at every attempts he made so far. Either it was trading Pacioretty, getting O'reilly, Tavares or Stastny and now he siply don't have a clue what to do.

then he had no real plan
because all of those were implying lucks except Pacio

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Marc Bergevin

‘Go get a dog if you want loyalty ‘ - doesn’t sign Markov

Then goes to sign Plekanec

The way Markov was treated was an embarrassment to tbis organization and in practical terms I imagine gives pause to players looking at possibly coming here. Very disresptful treating a loyal veteran like that. Yet another low point that infuriarates me.

However, it appears MB has dealt straight and respectfully with Plekanec and I think that is a good thing. Defensively Pleks is still useful. I know the worry is CJ does not use him properly but that is another issue. Pleks needs to be on the 4th line as DLR has to be given every chance at 3C.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
then he had no real plan
because all of those were implying lucks except Pacio

One thing for sure, i don't see a clear direction.
Seems to have fired in every directions and hit nothing.
So far at least, the day is not over and i'm sure trades are coming (not meaning Habs trade)

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The way Markov was treated was an embarrassment to tbis organization and in practical terms I imagine gives pause to players looking at possibly coming here. Very disresptful treating a loyal veteran like that. Yet another low point that infuriarates me.

However, it appears he has sealed straight and respectfully with Plekanec and I think that is a good thing. Defensively Pleks is still useful. I know the worry is CJ does not use him properly but that is another issue. Pleks needs to be on the 4th line as DLR has to be given every chance at 3C.
Julien is paid to win games, I see him using old war dogs like Pleks more than he probably should. The downside

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Ya, but who's our 1st liner?
jacob-de_la_rose-2018-45.jpg

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
One thing for sure, i don't see a clear direction.
Seems to have fired in every directions and hit nothing.
So far at least, the day is not over and i'm sure trades are coming (not meaning Habs trade)

Well the habs are just letting go all ufas , all those prices are awful

Perron , JJ , Even Tavares looks like a mess

but they picked Kotka over zadina because of that , Kotka will take a bit more time to make the NHL.

Makes sense

Embrace de tank finally , we deserves it

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Julien is paid to win games, I see him using old war dogs like Pleks more than he probably should. The downside

Then we will win less games. DLR is offensively challenged but he has a better chance of production than Pleks, and the 3rd line needs to kick in.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
cut.jpg

He will always be first in Clodes heart.
CLODE: Pleky, we got big plans for you this coming season. You're gonna make the Habs into a contender. At the start of the year we'll trade you for a 1st round draft pick. You're gonna play so crappy for your new team they put you on waivers. We'll pick you up and you start to play like your old self. At the TDL we'll trade you for another 1st. We'll reward you with a platinum watch at the end of the year and Lshap will share Penelope Cruz and salma Hayek with you for a year on his island resort.

PLEKY: A platinum watch huh.. (Just look at the expression on his face.)

Last edited:
Reactions: OldCraig71

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
the super tank for 2018 and 2019

lafferiere Hughes drouin
domi Kotka gallagher
sherback poheling byron
lekhonen danault hudon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad