Recalled/Assigned: Tomas Jurco

ebis

Dec 10, 2012
Czech Republic
Great news and about time :handclap: I'm really excited, hope to see him in Sochi too...

tumblr_mj0y5c8Mll1qzupayo4_400.gif

Some quotes from a Slovak interview:

"After the last match the coach called me to his locker room and told me about it. I was really surprised and glad and the same time. Then he started talking about all the organizational stuff, how it's gonna be, how I'll get there... I don't remember much from that, I was so happy that I wasn't really listening. It was a great feeling."

"I played two games in to days and we played on wednesday too. My legs are feeling it a bit, but this will give me energy. I can't attend the morning practice though, I still need to get some sleep. I'll drive to Detroit in the morning, I'll have time for some lunch and a short nap before the game."

"I'm playing well, both Grand Rapids and me personally are doing fine. But NHL is NHL. It's my first game so I'll definitely be nervous. I always shake these things off after the first shift, so I hope it will be the same today."

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
This is interesting to me in that it indicates Babs doesn't trust Sammy. That makes me happy.

Unless, of course, someone else is hurt.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
God I hope he's a good driver if the weather is anything like it is around Toronto.

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
This is interesting to me in that it indicates Babs doesn't trust Sammy. That makes me happy.

Unless, of course, someone else is hurt.

I didn't even think about this. Good to point out. Usually I notice these things. Crazy, maybe they want to swap Abdelkader with someone that can slot into the top 6 or top 9 and this is the best chance as any to see Jurco a bit and see exactly what they have on their hands... while Sammy is basically worthless to them at this point, for better or for worse.

Aug 6, 2012
He's driving from GR to Detroit this morning? I live in GR and we're up to our knees in snow... its gonna take him forever :laugh:

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2012
maybe tatar, in 10-11 season?

i'm excited but i think this game will ruin his development as he's just a kid, not a man and this is man's league, and the low amount of minutes he gets will probably ruin his development and confidence forever.

I really doubt that.

Wingsfan2965*

Dec 30, 2011
maybe tatar, in 10-11 season?

i'm excited but i think this game will ruin his development as he's just a kid, not a man and this is man's league, and the low amount of minutes he gets will probably ruin his development and confidence forever.

Wut?

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I was just about to mention the proposition of waiving Samuelsson.

I mean, I was all for making him ride the bench until his contract expired, but really, imagine if his spot was filled with a guy who could contribute.

I don't even think the Wings would be able to pick someone up at the deadline unless they waive somebody, so why not get it over with? Lost the starting goalie, the captain and the best defensive defender on the team, and now Abdelkader.

Now would be a good time to make a move if there is one.

crashman

This is a very exciting game for me. Jurco is my favorite Wings prospect since I started following our prospects closely. I'm tempted to go to the game today just so I can witness his first NHL game in person. Knowing Babcock though, he'll probably only get ~5-6 minutes, but I guess you can't expect much more for a debut.

Wingsfan2965*

Dec 30, 2011
I was just about to mention the proposition of waiving Samuelsson.

I mean, I was all for making him ride the bench until his contract expired, but really, imagine if his spot was filled with a guy who could contribute.

I don't even think the Wings would be able to pick someone up at the deadline unless they waive somebody, so why not get it over with? Lost the starting goalie, the captain and the best defensive defender on the team, and now Abdelkader.

Now would be a good time to make a move if there is one.

It'd only gain $100K in cap space, so It'd only accomplish clearing a roster spot.

What I have to wonder is if they're doing it to pressure him into waiving his NTC.

NyquistIsMyGod*

Yeah I just saw the Lightning GT, and it said second line with Bertuzzi an dFranzen if I'm thinking correctly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad