Recalled/Assigned: Tomas Jurco

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Very excited to see what he can do. I'm very high on this guy, more than most folks around here.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

great news.

So pumped...I know for now he isn't here to stay, but it will still be great to see what he can do. Tatar scored in his first game, so I expect Jurco to as well.

Hopefully he isn't on the 4th line. I know this would never happen, but Jurco-Datsyuk-Tatar would be the dangliest line in NHL history.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I hope he absolutely lights it up and makes Kenny think twice about sending him back down.

Me too, however we still have too many forwards, so this is just a short term thing. I hope he plays well though, and forces the Wings to keep him next season. I am sick of waiting until our prospects are 25 to make thee NHL. As the years go by, it's becoming a younger and younger league, so why not play the kids?

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Hoping to see

Nyquist-Pav-Alfie
Tats-Mule-Jurky
Miller-Andy-Eaves
Cleary-Glen-Bert (should bench bert and use sheahan, ferraro, or callahan)

But we all know Jurky will never get top 6 minutes. they'll put him with plugs so that when he doesn't produce any points they can say he's not ready and send him back down....:shakehead

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Babcock better not put him on the 4th line with the plug

That's what I think will most likely happen unfortunately.

Though I do remember when Leino was around they put him in the top 9 for his first or second recall and he ended up getting some power play time as the net-front guy too.

And a couple years ago didn't Nyquist get to play with Pav and Bert for his first recall? Of course he eventually ended up on the fourth line with Andersson and Miller but for some reason I remember Nyquist got to start out in the top six.

I feel like sometimes to start out the brass will try put a call up prospect in the best possible situation for success and try to help him build his confidence. After that year is over, however, then they'll nail them down on the 4th line or the minors until they writhe and wiggle their way out of it. It supposedly builds character.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
I was just talking to my dad that all of the guys if like to see will be getting called up while I go to BMT Tuesday, well at least I get to see Jurco.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Not as high on him as many around here, still excited too get a look tomorrow.

He's a point per game player in the AHL at 21 years old. Get high on him. Go to youtube. Type his name in, and enjoy. I remember his draft perfectly, slipped to round 2, and I woke up the next morning and had like 10 texts from friends saying that Detroit took him, because all I talked about leading up to the draft was Jurco.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
He's a point per game player in the AHL at 21 years old. Get high on him.

The Hossa comparison on his draft day was EXTREMELY unfair. Especially for Red Wings fans who've seen Hossa up close. I think that image is a little hard for some fans to get out of their minds.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
The Hossa comparison on his draft day was EXTREMELY unfair. Especially for Red Wings fans who've seen Hossa up close. I think that image is a little hard for some fans to get out of their minds.

Ya well they're both Slovakian, so it's easy to compare. But Hossa has proven himself as a point producing player, who's reliable in both ends of the rink, has good hands, and a very good shot. I know it's not really fair to put these types of expectations on Jurco, but he still does remind me of Hossa a bit. I don't get to watch too many Griffins games, so I haven't had enough of a sample size to really compare the 2, but there definitely are some similarities.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013

Who compared him to Hossa? He doesn't play the 200 foot game Hossa plays but in time Jurco has the offensive talent to have similar production as Hossa imo.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
Just a strange feeling we'll see this:

Bert-Pav-Alfie
Tats-Mule-Gus
Jurky-Andy-Eaves
Miller-Glen-Cleary

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Good to see, but we shouldn't expect the moon. Everybody's first game is a bit overwhelming. He'll probably play on the 4th line, and that's just fine.

No that's dumb. If they are gonna play him on the 4th line then call up ferraro, sheahan, or callahan instead. jurco is worthless on the 4th line.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Bert-Pav-Alfie
Tats-Mule-Gus
Jurky-Andy-Eaves
Miller-Glen-Cleary

Looks good to me. I really hope it's not Cleary who gets the promotion because of Abby going down. Although, if he does get it, I hope it means Jurco/Tatar on the third line. That'd be pretty killer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad