Post-Game Talk: Tom Wilson vs the NY Ragdolls - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Schultz being out really isn't a big deal IMO. TvR has looked solid alongside Dillon, and Schultz has been quite shaky the past few months.

I think he's good enough on PP2 but aside from that I don't really see him as one of the top 6 defensemen on the team at this point.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Schultz being out really isn't a big deal IMO. TvR has looked solid alongside Dillon, and Schultz has been quite shaky the past few months.

I think he's good enough on PP2 but aside from that I don't really see him as one of the top 6 defensemen on the team at this point.
TVR doesn't have anything close to Schultz's offensive ability. They have enough defensive defensemen to do what TVR does. Schultz being out is a significant blow for the team.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011

I’m not sure the coach feels that way. JS has been producing this year but I agree TvR has looked good. Tough decision but this coach likes offense from the back end.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
They employed an actively racist, homophobic, and xenophobic player for years before quietly cutting ties with him because he damaged their own locker room. The bridge of hypocrisy was crossed long ago.

Reminder that the Rangers and their fans defended DeAngelo when it was convenient to them all while co-signing NHL You Can Play and Diversity Alliance statements. You can argue Wilson is a dirty player, DeAngelo is a dirty human being. When fans come here asking how we can support Wilson, that’s easy to me, he plays a rough style but he’s playing hockey. I could never endorse a player like TDA, his views on human life by his own admission are sickening
i also don't recall the Brave New York Rangers making such a forceful statement in defense of K'Andre Miller's when he had a shitload of racist taunts thrown his way, along with keeping DeAngelo around for as long as they did. Apparently a hockey scrum is a greater injustice than racism to that org

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
TVR doesn't have anything close to Schultz's offensive ability. They have enough defensive defensemen to do what TVR does. Schultz being out is a significant blow for the team.

But TvR has shown capability beside Dillon which is something Schultz hasn't done. And with Orlov and Carlson clicking and Chara and Jensen being relied on as a third pair I think they need to consider who will make that second pair be at its best. Things can change, of course, but TvR has done well in that spot.

I like Schultz's point production but he isn't really a driver of offense like, say, Carlson and Orlov.

Reactions: RandyHolt and crab

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I don’t hate using these last few games to get taxi guys reps so they’re ready if need be in the playoffs.

I’d even scratch Wilson just to collectively frustrate those who want blood

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
But TvR has shown capability beside Dillon which is something Schultz hasn't done. And with Orlov and Carlson clicking and Chara and Jensen being relied on as a third pair I think they need to consider who will make that second pair be at its best. Things can change, of course, but TvR has done well in that spot.

I like Schultz's point production but he isn't really a driver of offense like, say, Carlson and Orlov.
I wouldn't particularly call Carlson a driver of offense. He's quite good and supports the puck well when the team gains and sustains puck possession in the offensive zone but he doesn't generate that much offense on his own or creates something out of nothing. To me he definitely not as good as Schultz at breaking out of his own zone. Orlov is a good shooter and skater but the passing is not his strong side and his handedness hurts his point production. This team needs their offensive defensemen to be righties. There's zero players on the roster who can replace what Schultz brings to the table.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
He's probably in the Covid protocol too, but since he's technically on the taxi squad right now, they don't have to say so publicly like they do with Kuzy.
What the difference between his and 92's cases? If he's on the taxi squad shouldn't 92 be there too? That way they could just not say anything and quietly have them both there for whatever period they want.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
What the difference between his and 92's cases? If he's on the taxi squad shouldn't 92 be there too? That way they could just not say anything and quietly have them both there for whatever period they want.
No. Teams have to carry 2 active goalies, and a third on the taxi squad. Since VV and Anderson were active last game, Sammy automatically became the taxi goalie. As a skater, Kuzy's status is different. He is not a taxi player.

Reactions: Melkor

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
I love that some Rags fans want them to walk off the ice aka take their ball and go home. I just can't do the main boards right now [mod]
Oh look. Another post edit by a moderator. Please tell me how this post broke any rules? Thanks. This place is worse than Twitter/Facebook at this point.

francky

Jan 14, 2020
Got one in mind? Do know how big Backstrom is? Bring it
not saying I want that at all but any star player can be injured especilaly if it cost only 5000$. I wouldn t like the game start to be taking this way. Why sending someone to TW for hitting Buchnevich and Panarin go for some star players .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad