Post-Game Talk: Tom Wilson vs the NY Ragdolls - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
I'd rather 0 points than 1 injury, play it smart tonight boys.

Laugh it up and don't escalate things, it's 100% not worth it.

Reactions: Calicaps

EYEuhFRAYtee

Smile
Apr 28, 2004
There-Will-Be-Blood.jpg

Nah, not really...

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Pretty sure the league is going to have a zero tolerance policy tonight. I’m hoping for an unsuccessful attempt of stupidity by a rag and they gets games for it.

AHall88

Oct 1, 2006
Are caps fans here expecting any kind of retribution towards Wilson tonight? I’ll be watching the game but not sure if NYR have anyone that could put up a fight vs Wilson
It would be incredibly stupid for them to do anything that crosses the line after posting that garbage tweet. They wouldn't want to be hypocrites, would they?

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Are caps fans here expecting any kind of retribution towards Wilson tonight? I’ll be watching the game but not sure if NYR have anyone that could put up a fight vs Wilson

Shocked if something happens.

We've had games shortly after incident between the same teams several times in the past few seasons and people are always expecting something to happen but nothing does happen. Only thing that could happen is someone on the Rangers taking on Wilson. That's it. I do believe coaches and GM's impact on that because you never want to get caught making a retaliation play in a game wherethe eyes are looking straight at you.

I don't really see Rangers going full melt-down on the Capitals like the people are expecting. Their team is filled with rookies and even when Wilson gets the eventual misconduct penalty, the Capitals still have guys like Chara and Hathaway on the roster. Do you really want to get into a line-brawl or something? Again, i would be shocked if so.

Last edited:

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Play hockey, hopefully get the 2 points and save the tough stuff for the playoffs.

No need to get into a hard hitting game with the playoff-less Rangers.

Let them go quietly into the night clutching their "no place in hockey" blankey.

on the other hand.. every team is looking at our way tonight and how this goes down. Its kind of a chance to send them a message. Which kind of message we should send, im not sure.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
I'm willing to be absolutely wrong here, but the twitter statement increases the likelihood that tonight results in nothing crazy.

Rangers know they can't go to war with the Caps so they had to do something...a statement on twitter it is and that's about it. Maybe another scrum or two

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
It would be incredibly stupid for them to do anything that crosses the line after posting that garbage tweet. They wouldn't want to be hypocrites, would they?
They employed an actively racist, homophobic, and xenophobic player for years before quietly cutting ties with him because he damaged their own locker room. The bridge of hypocrisy was crossed long ago.

Reminder that the Rangers and their fans defended DeAngelo when it was convenient to them all while co-signing NHL You Can Play and Diversity Alliance statements. You can argue Wilson is a dirty player, DeAngelo is a dirty human being. When fans come here asking how we can support Wilson, that’s easy to me, he plays a rough style but he’s playing hockey. I could never endorse a player like TDA, his views on human life by his own admission are sickening

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Not really. The Rangers aren't built like that -- Brendan Smith would probably get his face rearranged if he fought Wilson and he's the only thing they have left resembling a tough guy. I don't think they'll call up an AHL guy to fight Tom because that would be putting that player in a really tough spot... that is, unless they have someone like Joel Rechlicz lying around who still plays with a wooden stick and wouldn't mind giving or taking a beating if it meant they got another chance in the show.

I think it'll be much ado about nothing. Refs will probably call it really tight so it doesn't get out of control. Wilson will 100% be called for a penalty for something whether he deserves it or not so the refs and NHL can make it look like they're cracking down on him.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Hope the team plays great and gets a big W for Coach Oshie and TJ and themselves, and to put the drama (mostly) in the rear-view mirror

Shitshow/cheapshot/dramafest
vs.
1 fight at the start and things settle in
vs.
nothing happens and the Ragdolls get their custom fit golf knickers ready for action next week?

NBCSN for sure is salivating for the ratings, can't wait to see how many of the big name "experts" all will say how Big Willy has to rein it in (or "Tommy" if you're bald w/glasses) and there's no place for it in this game

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Lose lose scenario for them. Either they come out looking to be hypocrites or they spend an entire summer with their own media question the teams toughness and divided locker room for not protecting a star.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
They employed an actively racist, homophobic, and xenophobic player for years before quietly cutting ties with him because he damaged their own locker room. The bridge of hypocrisy was crossed long ago.

Reminder that the Rangers and their fans defended DeAngelo when it was convenient to them all while co-signing NHL You Can Play and Diversity Alliance statements. You can argue Wilson is a dirty player, DeAngelo is a dirty human being. When fans come here asking how we can support Wilson, that’s easy to me, he plays a rough style but he’s playing hockey. I could never endorse a player like TDA, his views on human life by his own admission are sickening

It's the Rangers... their organisation and fans loved Sean Avery for nearly a decade.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
The Rangers organization showed how soft they are with the tweet and reaction to the ruckus. I feel bad for their fans. Embarrassing.

They're not going to retaliate for a scrum.

They had 30 minutes last game after the scrum.... they wilted like a bad soufflé. Why is anyone expecting something different tonight? How many goons can they possibly recall from their taxi squad?

This game will be a snooze fest most likely.

But all of HF Mains will be waiting with bated breath in hopes of something bad happening to TW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad