Tom Wilson takes down Panarin, fined $5k for roughing Buchnevich - Part 5

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
The general consensus among the hockey players I know is.....Wilson is a gigantic piece of shit as a hockey player. There are no limits to what we would do in retribution for him being what he is. End him at all costs, basically.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Yep this is how things used to be. Just fighting Wilson won't change a thing, the guy can handle himself. It's too clean. You go after their best players...or something else.

tumblr_ofiihmx2um1re6c9lo1_500.gif
Spear him. Slash his hand.

He renounced his right for fair treatment long time ago.

“Code” can suck it.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Sure threaten them see what happens because the Caps are a much tougher team. Lets be honest who do the Rangers have that can take on Wilson? Nobody thats who. So lets say the Rangers injure the caps goalie. Do you think Wilson will just stand around doing nothing? He is going to do the exact same thing the Rangers did but do it MUCH harder and MUCH worse. I think the Rangers need to STFU and play because throwing gasoline on this fire will do them no good its just going to get more Rangers hurt in the end. What happens if Wilson decides to go after the Rangers promising rookies? and he ends there season? hell what if he ends up ending one of those rookies careers? You guys all call him a sociopath and all this shit so what makes you think he wont think twice to just f*** up a promising rookie on the rangers?

I am not a caps or a rangers fan so I have nothing to gain in this whole drama but people need to be careful what they want the rangers to do because it can get messy real fast if the rangers retaliate.

Why would Rags ice the rookies if their gonna goon it up? Zib, Laf, Kakko, Fox etc. would all be benched. Throw in the 3-4th liners and AHLers. After the first scrum Wilson is in the box and then you can run amok.
Season is over anyway, so it doesnt matter if you loose 7-0. Have fun Caps when Bäckström, Holtby and Carlson are on IR for playoffs. You can than your buddy Tommy!

Yorkshire Leaf

Nov 13, 2014
The City of York
Why would Rags ice the rookies if their gonna goon it up? Zib, Laf, Kakko, Fox etc. would all be benched. Throw in the 3-4th liners and AHLers. After the first scrum Wilson is in the box and then you can run amok.
Season is over anyway, so it doesnt matter if you loose 7-0. Have fun Caps when Bäckström, Holtby and Carlson are on IR for playoffs. You can than your buddy Tommy!

Surely The Caps would also bench their stars and put in their 3/4 liners and AHL headpunchers in as well.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
It's pretty clear Wilson is psychopath. Can't understand how tf anybody can defend his actions. This is wrong sport to get your "kicks" from hurting other people intentionally..

The same way you defend the actions of the psychopaths your team employed that would go crashing into goalies trying to injure them.

Reactions: Smokin krak koken

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Yep this is how things used to be. Just fighting Wilson won't change a thing, the guy can handle himself. It's too clean. You go after their best players...or something else.

Great post, and a great scene from a great movie.

I guess that’s a lot of greatness, but you’re right.

Reactions: Kimota

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Probably they do nothing I agree. If the opponent would be Boston or Islanders I think they would do something.
The Bruins wouldn’t do anything.

We’ve been wanting the Bruins to settle the Tom Wilson issue for some time and they’ve done nothing. The current coaching staff isn’t like the coaches we’ve had in years past. I’m hoping someone straightens Tom Wilson out before he really hurts someone badly. I’d prefer it be the Bruins, but if that was going to happen, it would have happened by now.

Reactions: Lshap

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

The right side of this gif keeps reminding of Sean Avery and it's throwing me off.

Reactions: Kimota

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
So Connor McDavid, who had zero offenses, gets suspended for an unintentional collision that didn't result in an injury, but multiple offender Tom Wilson gets a fine for assaulting one of the premier players in the NHL, resulting in injury, borderline criminal offense. tf

George Parros or whatever puppet master(s) came to this ruling, is a disgrace to the league, and to the integrity of the game. He's obviously flexing his and abusing his power, favoring players that should be punished, and punishing premier players for lesser offenses. The NHL needs someone literally the complete opposite of every characteristic of those clowns that were appointed to safeguard the health of it's players. I"m disgusted and all this does is advocate and enforce this animalistic behavior in a game of honor and codes.

New York Rangers is the biggest most valuable franchise in the league, I hope they're relentless with the backlash, and force some kind of much needed change

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
There really is nothing like watching hockey fans collectively lose their **** over Tom Wilson, yet again. If the roles were reversed, and Panarin had cross checked Backstrom like that and then thrown down Wilson, nowhere in the thread would there be talks of supplemental discipline. The thread title would likely be “Wilson gets his ass kicked by Panarin!” with every poster applauding what happened, laughing, and saying Wilson got what he deserved. And that’s all you need to know to realize that it’s not what Wilson did (yet again) that is pissing everyone off, it’s the fact that it is him who did it. Also funny watching the same people who are screaming bloody murder then turning right around and saying that someone needs to take out Backstrom, Kuznetsov, or Ovechkin.

Is there another player in any sport that makes fans lose their **** as much as Wilson does? Maybe Astros players with the trash can scandal but I honestly don’t know. Not saying this whole situation wasn’t thread worthy, but Wilson could throw the cleanest hit of all time, and if the guy falls down hard there would likely be a thread created calling him dirty and a POS.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
The Bruins wouldn’t do anything.

We’ve been wanting the Bruins to settle the Tom Wilson issue for some time and they’ve done nothing. The current coaching staff isn’t like the coaches we’ve had in years past. I’m hoping someone straightens Tom Wilson out before he really hurts someone badly. I’d prefer it be the Bruins, but if that was going to happen, it would have happened by now.

Don’t worry the big bad leafs will handle it ;) lmao jk

Reactions: rfournier103

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Great post, and a great scene from a great movie.

I guess that’s a lot of greatness, but you’re right.

I remember when the Habs got beat up by the Bruins in 2011, Habs owner went whining to the league about it. I went "don't bitch, get even". Then they traded for BGL and he was so useless. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad