Tom Wilson takes down Panarin, fined $5k for roughing Buchnevich - Part 5

julkki

Oct 27, 2015
There really is nothing like watching hockey fans collectively lose their **** over Tom Wilson, yet again. If the roles were reversed, and Panarin had cross checked Backstrom like that and then thrown down Wilson, nowhere in the thread would there be talks of supplemental discipline. The thread title would likely be “Wilson gets his ass kicked by Panarin!” with every poster applauding what happened, laughing, and saying Wilson got what he deserved. And that’s all you need to know to realize that it’s not what Wilson did (yet again) that is pissing everyone off, it’s the fact that it is him who did it. Also funny watching the same people who are screaming bloody murder then turning right around and saying that someone needs to take out Backstrom, Kuznetsov, or Ovechkin.

Is there another player in any sport that makes fans lose their **** as much as Wilson does? Maybe Astros players with the trash can scandal but I honestly don’t know. Not saying this whole situation wasn’t thread worthy, but Wilson could throw the cleanest hit of all time, and if the guy falls down hard there would likely be a thread created calling him dirty and a POS.

Well, there's that thing that no other player is capable to do this kind of things, because Tom Wilson is a sick psychopath that should be not involved in the game of hockey.

Reactions: GbgRanger

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
There really is nothing like watching hockey fans collectively lose their **** over Tom Wilson, yet again. If the roles were reversed, and Panarin had cross checked Backstrom like that and then thrown down Wilson, nowhere in the thread would there be talks of supplemental discipline. The thread title would likely be “Wilson gets his ass kicked by Panarin!” with every poster applauding what happened, laughing, and saying Wilson got what he deserved. And that’s all you need to know to realize that it’s not what Wilson did (yet again) that is pissing everyone off, it’s the fact that it is him who did it. Also funny watching the same people who are screaming bloody murder then turning right around and saying that someone needs to take out Backstrom, Kuznetsov, or Ovechkin.

Is there another player in any sport that makes fans lose their **** as much as Wilson does? Maybe Astros players with the trash can scandal but I honestly don’t know. Not saying this whole situation wasn’t thread worthy, but Wilson could throw the cleanest hit of all time, and if the guy falls down hard there would likely be a thread created calling him dirty and a POS.
How can you not understand why people losing their shit over Wilson?! Of course people get fed up when he once again deliberately injury another player and to top it off he's celebrating it like this was cage fighting.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I love the threats from Rangers fans as if they have any control over what their team does tonight. We all know the NHL will be watching this game extremely closely and ready to hand out misconducts for even the slightest thing.

Reactions: Smokin krak koken

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
I’m not here to tell Panarin what he should’ve done. I’m saying if you’re grabbing a guy like Wilson from behind you better expect to get something.

can’t mess with the bull and complain when you get the horns

Yeah...no not quite...I think most hockey players can tell the difference between someone just hugging them trying to calm things down (Panarin) vs being grabbed with intent...heck I know the difference and I only played minor hockey...Wilson is a loose cannon, does it warrant ejection from the league like some are saying...no not at all but the guys history + the Buch punch+ the Panarin thing warranted a decent suspension...we are both Leafs fans...Kadri was suspended for WAY less in the playoffs no less...

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
lol I love that it was a Caps fan who started that thread with "tonight Crosby did the same thing"

except I must have missed the part where Crosby ripped Konecny's helmet off and then slammed him head first into the ice...

caps fans are a special bunch
only difference between the two is that that helmet didnt come off of Tk, they were already lower to the ice and Crosby is not near as strong as Wilson so it didnt look so much like a rag doll. See this is the problem on this website. I can admit wilson plays on the edge and there are things he does that are dirty but people have lost their minds on here. Its like Wilson Derangement Syndrome. I also know the NHL is never going to suspend Sid, no matter what he does. Not even sure he should be suspended for the TK thing but it is literally the same thing. He reaches back, grabs TK by the back, puts all his weight on the other shoulder and drives him head first toward the ice, TWICE. Now people will come in droves to defend Sid here because he is normally not that type of player and well "Screw Tom anyway" is the consensus. People will say, what about what happened to Sid just before he did what he did? and theses threads have already proved nothing justifies what Sid did just as nothing justifies what Tom did. All these holier then thou people in this 7-8 pages of the wilson incident either "really care" about player safety or are just needing something to complain about it.

Last edited:

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
I love the threats from Rangers fans as if they have any control over what their team does tonight. We all know the NHL will be watching this game extremely closely and ready to hand out misconducts for even the slightest thing.

Yeah won’t be holding my breath...NYR is not a “tough” team...they’re built somewhat similarly to the Leafs in that sense, as much as I’d love to see Wilson get his teeth punched in for all of his stupidity throughout his career, if we are being serious there are maybe 3-4 guys in the league who could accomplish the feat...Wilson when he plays on the right side of the line is an absolute beast and the prototype of what a power forward should be...unfortunately he crosses the line though...a bigger heavier way more talented Matt Cooke

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
lol I love that it was a Caps fan who started that thread with "tonight Crosby did the same thing"

except I must have missed the part where Crosby ripped Konecny's helmet off and then slammed him head first into the ice...

caps fans are a special bunch

Here you go, please take off your shades before watching as to not miss the slamming of the head into the ice (repeatedly) by Crosby at around the 12 second mark.

When can we expect a statement from the New York Karens about Crosby's Horrifying Acts of violence?

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
If Wilson is taking liberties injuring opponents and Caps are fine with it, they should be threaten the same. Carlson, Bäckström, Ovie etc. They all are fine with what Wilson is doing and so is the organisation. Their twitter, their coach all stand by Wilson, so they should be threated the same way.
Yes? It's still hockey and it's still the NHL. The Rangers could do whatever they deem necessary to send a message. They probably won't though. They rather make a statement to the league like the soyboys they are.

Last edited:

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
Imagine if someone ended Bäckström or Ovies seasons... would be Karma..

D Wakaluk

Dec 8, 2010
stuck in the '90s
Nevermind whos really calling the shots but DOPS under Parros has been a joke.

This had atleast a few games suspension written on it, or the "harsh" till the end of the regular season.

NHL has shown it's ugly rear with trying to hide the game management bs and this no regard for players health bs, it's quite remarkable to be honest

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
only difference between the two is that that helmet didnt come off of Tk, they were already lower to the ice and Crosby is not near as strong as Wilson so it didnt look so much like a rag doll..

So the ONLY difference is
-the receiving player did not have their head protection deliberately removed
-the receiving player was in a less vulnerable position
-the act itself was done with much less force

Exactly the same thing, only less dangerous in every way!

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Wilson had his gloves on..

So its impossible to draw blooed with gloves on?

and after, but don't worry about reality. that doesn't matter in this thread.

I never said he didnt punch him after Panarin was on the ground. Anyway what does that have to do with the guy who says Panarin must have landed on his head when Wilson threw him to the ground since there was blood? As appearently its not possible to draw blood from a punch with gloves on. If you hit the nose it doesnt have to be a hard punch to draw blood. If Panarin had landed head first on the ice the damage would be way worse.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
So its impossible to draw blooed with gloves on?

Been watching hockey for 30 years, never have I seen someone break skin with their glove on unless they broke someone's nose. And his nose was not bleeding, his upper cheek was busted open.

GbgRanger

Jul 11, 2009
Sweden / Philippines

I am quite sure nothing much is going to happen. Rangers are soft and it starts from top to bottom. Nonetheless, it would be extremely hypocritical to ref this game any other way than any other regular season game. That said, if the game would go out of hand, you are probably right about the misconducts.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Here you go, please take off your shades before watching as to not miss the slamming of the head into the ice (repeatedly) by Crosby at around the 12 second mark.

When can we expect a statement from the New York Karens about Crosby's Horrifying Acts of violence?

How is this related? Other guy has his helmet and had the Penguin in a head lock forever?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad