Player Discussion Tom Wilson - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
touché. I hope that made you feel better about yourself. Shall I put you down for Wilson getting a full season of AHL minus injury fill in?
If you're going to go around posting as if you have some sort of inside information and then have the opposite of what you've posted happen, please don't act indignant when it gets thrown back in your face.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
I just don't see where Wilson will play in the lineup, sure he could get 4th line.. Agree with the point that it's not beneficial to his development.. man this depth is a good problem to have.

It really would be interesting to see how he would play with Trotz as head coach instead of Oates, who knows what he would look like. The whole team looks different.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think Wilson will bump Brown and get 10 TOI and maybe a little PP time

I like that Trotz is using more than 5 players for the 2 full for PPs

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I think Wilson will bump Brown and get 10 TOI and maybe a little PP time

I like that Trotz is using more than 5 players for the 2 full for PPs

This is exactly what I see happening.

"You're bleeding!"

"I ain't got time to bleed..."

Caps ain't got time to develop Wilson in the AHL

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
If you're going to go around posting as if you have some sort of inside information and then have the opposite of what you've posted happen, please don't act indignant when it gets thrown back in your face.

where did I say I had inside information on Erskine? please link me to that because I forget. The situation was acting a lot like Poti who was set up that way.

I was not the only one who thought the Caps had a plan for Erskine that included LTIR.

BTW: Do you want to take a position on Wilson?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
touché. I hope that made you feel better about yourself. Shall I put you down for Wilson getting a full season of AHL minus injury fill in?

Simply pointing out that your reading between the lines with this team hasn't always been spot on. The only "signals" this team has sent out with Wilson is that they're considering sending him to Hershey as part of his conditioning assignment, perhaps after some initial NHL time lower in the lineup. You jumping from that to a conclusion that he's not heading to Hershey is entirely your own speculation, just like the Erskine injury.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
so...you are always right? anyway....your position on Wilson is?

Did I say I was always right? When you present your speculation as fact, you shouldn't be surprised if people call you on it or if it damages your credibility later on.

Under 40 points for Wilson. If I was in charge, I'd try to get him healthy doses of both NHL and AHL time.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
where did I say I had inside information on Erskine? please link me to that because I forget. The situation was acting a lot like Poti who was set up that way.

I was not the only one who thought the Caps had a plan for Erskine that included LTIR.

BTW: Do you want to take a position on Wilson?
When ones presents their speculation as fact, I see two options. One is that the poster implies they have some sort of insider information. The other speaks volumes about what the poster thinks about themselves and their opinions.

I'd be happy with a 25 point season from Wilson if the team gives him bottom 6 minutes and little PP time. Looking at last year's numbers (although under the incompetent "leadership" of Oates), Brouwer barely broke 40 points playing all 82 and it took a career year for Chimera to break 40 points. To expect Wilson to get close to that, especially after missing the pre-season and what will be at least a handful of regular season games, is folly.

Larry Hoover

Sep 16, 2012
Not a Caps fan but know Wilson personally. Just thought you guys may be interested in knowing that he will be called up for the game against the Red Wings.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think that LOB continues to play if there is a lineup spot for him. You can make a case that Wilson may not start on the 4th line and with that LOB remains in the lineup.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
General thoughts on Chris Brown's NHL future? Anyone?

I like the guy and think he belongs. Far more than O'Brien or Beagle.

from japersrink on twit.. this is why.

Japers' Rink @JapersRink
If you're wondering why Brown and not LO'B -> Hershey, that red dot in the lower right is as good a reason as any. http://t.co/6ES6CEp5ZX

B1CfXpYCYAAv1Tn.png

Larry Hoover

Sep 16, 2012
Not a Caps fan but know Wilson personally. Just thought you guys may be interested in knowing that he will be called up for the game against the Red Wings.

As I said, everything went as expected. Glad to have my tickets! Lots of friends and family will be there tomorrow.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
As I said, everything went as expected. Glad to have my tickets! Lots of friends and family will be there tonight.

They may want to wait until Wednesday :naughty:

Alex Prewitt @alex_prewitt
Looks like we've got an O'Brien--Latta--Wilson line in the Gang Green sweaters today.

Also, in red sweaters: Ovechkin, Burakovsky, Ward. And in gray: Johansson, Backstrom, Brouwer. :clap:

Adam Vingan @AdamVingan
I spy a 8-65-42 first line.

Final line this morning: Chimera, Kuznetsov, Beagle/Fehr. No Brooks Laich. Volpatti in gray with 90/19/20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad