Player Discussion Tom Wilson - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Sorry Randyholt basically stealing your Kuzya thread

What numbers do you guys see Willo putting up this year?

I think in a season or two he has the potential to put up JVR numbers, but as Trotz said he wanted to play Wilson with Kuz who is on the fourth line it could be another long season warming the bench! What do you guys think of his chances?

(mod note: title changed from over/under 40 points to generic player thread after season's end)

Last edited by a moderator:

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Is this a joke?

There's a chance he gets there eventually, but I really don't think eventually is as a 20 year old coming off an ankle injury while third on the forward kid depth chart and seeing 0 PP time.

I'd be very happy with 20-25 points in a fullish NHL season.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Under.

I'd be very happy with ~30pts along with similar impact as he had last season. He doesn't need to be top-5 in FM's this season though.

Most young power-forwards don't even make it to the NHL until they are ~21-23.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
A powerforward kid on the 4th line coming from an injury. Easy question.

Hell, I'd think for a minute before betting Bura will get 40 pts!

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Always confer with Vegas before posting O/U otherwise you may lose your Willie jersey ;)

I think 10+5 +100 PIMs would be an outstanding season

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
even if you add his 10 points from last season, there's no way he hit 40 this year

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
That isn't going to happen

amazing how many here think he is nothing better than a plug(not including the quoted poster in that comment)

I think Tom's gonna be a great player, but I'd still rather see him in Hershey. If we didn't have Joel Ward, I'd be all about it, but I don't see anyway Tom gets time over Brouwer and I'd like to see Kuzya in a top 6 RW slot sooner rather then later.

Its just more a numbers game.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
you rather seeing him in Hershey is fine. I am pointing out that the team is sending no signal that a full season minus injury call ups to fill in is their plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad