Tom Gilbert - Am I good or am I bad?

Joey

Jul 17, 2004
Ontario
In terms of the needs, cap space, and ages of the 2014-15 team, I'd rather have Gilbert than Komisarek, Hamrlik, Kaberle. Spacek, Souray, Wisniewski, Weber, Diaz, Streit, Gorges, Bouillon, Murray, or Gorges right now. Of course, Hamrlik was the best of that bunch by a long shot but he's too old.

What is the point of this post lol

I'm not a fan of Gilbert's... yet. Maybe I was expecting too much, maybe I still miss Gorges, maybe he was being overplayed, maybe he was used in the wrong situations. As far as my opinion of him goes, I'll wait a few more weeks before I solidify it. I think he deserves that much.

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
He played better in the last 5 games (like all the team, but he's part of that) and IMO he's at an adequate #4 level right now. Also, I feel like Emelin this season is also playing at an adequate #4 defenseman level.

Markov is an very good #2, if Subban would play at his usual level, the top 4 will look good. Especially with Gonchar/Beaulieu/Weaver that can be stop gaps in some games.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
I think Gilbert has been good.

Hes solid defensively and good with his stick.

He can make a good pass and be creative in the ozone.

I hink hes an improvement on Gorges in everyway except shot blocking.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The OP forgot the last option which in my mind is the true option...
Or am I just plain Ugly. LOL

Gilbert has to have some of the ugliest play back there that we've seen in quite some time.
He has a penchant for lumbering with the puck and is often thwarted before he can make a play.
Funny enough these issues rarely end up in the back of our net.
At least not to date they haven't...

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I think Gilbert has been good.

Hes solid defensively and good with his stick.

He can make a good pass and be creative in the ozone.

I hink hes an improvement on Gorges in everyway except shot blocking.

Gorges is the better shot blocker, but Gilbert is still top-10 in the league right now. Shot blocking can be construed as a bad thing since it means a lack of possession.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad