NFL: Tom Coughlin no longer Giants HC

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
So he kicked a guy who took a cheap shot and tried to injure him? Who ****ing cares? Did you even watch the St. Louis game? I watched every bit of it. There is a reason that there was a brawl during the game. The Rams were cheap shotting OBJ and other Giants throughout the game (not surprising when you see who was coaching them). I'm glad he stood up for himself. Calling him a headache is hilarious. Christ almighty. :laugh:

His ego is way too high after one catch. He's all about himself. You can't even deny that as a homer giant fan, can you? Beckham is a selfish *****.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
Just because you have two SB rings doesn't mean your overall tenure with a franchise was a success.

Zjwo4.gif

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Eh...I can't say a WR makes or breaks what a team is gunna do. Look at this year. Rli threw 3+ TDs and he had like one real target. Its not like with Plastico that they were an offensive juggernaut.

yRessUneChose

yRessUneBarbe
Jun 7, 2015
I wouldn't call it a rebuild. If you look at the two teams that 11 team wasn't really nearly as good. Though that 07 team was carried by that defensive line(let's be honest they don't beat NE if its a high scoring game)

I was saying after their 2 SB wins that they went into semi-rebuild, not in meanwhile lol

they went 12-4 in 08-09 and they lost Plaxico during their later part of the year(which hurt them going into the playoffs) went 7-9/8-8 in 09-10, and then you know 10-6 in 10-11, the D.Jackson punt return...

What am I saying is, they were dominant, throughout 07-11, after that like I said, they did not have the players to replace the less productive/injuries/retired players;

Tom was an amazing coach to be honest, winning 2 SB in the hardest MEDIA DRIVEN city there is, I think, Tom deserve every applause he can get,

he did it twice versus the Patriots, yes that 07 might of been better than the 11-12 team, but I do not care,

the coaching job that Tom did on the Giants was amazing,

anyone remember 03-04 season with Kerry Collins?, then the 04-05 season with Kurt Warner which I believe they went 5-5, before Tom put Manning into the spot light, they went 6-10? then went 11-5, and lost in OT vs the NFC Champ in Sea in reg season, then went on to be 23-0 defeated by the Panthers WC? then went on to get defeated by the Eagles in OT while Tiki Barber was being a drama in 06-07 ?

all I am saying is, Tom was a great coach, while having all his problems he had for; and he changed;

He made players greater than what they were;

Tiki Barber would not of been Tiki without Tom.(Fumbling problems)

Eli would not of been Eli without Tom.

and so on.

Tom Coughlin, with the GM may of had different issues with the personnel past couple of years but, he was regardless a great HC;

anyone who believes otherwise, watch Bill Parcells A Football life, then Tom Coughlin a football life.

if you gave him the perfect roster like in 07-08, 11-12, man, those Giants teams were unbeatable..

and, regardless of what trolls or people say;

watch both of their playoffs runs, or both of the SB.

Tom out-foxed Bill hard. both times.

BB is considered to be the greatest HC of all time by some people.

That 07-08 SB is entitled in my memory for all time, because like any football fans, other than Pats(SORRY!) we wanted the underdogs to win, and they came hard. SO hard.

:)

Last edited:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Coughlin's one of only 13 coaches in the 50 year history of the SB to win 2 of them, but yeah. Not that successful.

Dude, if my team won 2 Super Bowls in 5 years, they could go 4-12 the rest of the time and it would still be awesome.

This is one of the greatest things I've ever seen on this website.

Muhammed Ali wasn't that great a fighter, I mean, the guy lost 5 times and only won 66% of his fights by knockout. That's really kind of average if you think about it.

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'd go even more, i'd take a eon of futility if my team could even get close to the super bowl, let alone win one.

This is what the block feature is for, people.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
If the Bengals ever do decide to move on from Marvin Lewis (which I doubt, even if they get bounced in round 1 again, due to the Dalton injury), Coughlin could be a good fit.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Beckham is more of a hothead than selfish. The dude is fiery passionate about winning (similar to Bryant) but wears his emotions outwardly.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Is this guy serious?

Coughlin's tenure wasn't a success?!?
Odell is too high on himself after ONE catch?!?!

Christ, what a waste of bandwidth

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Beckham is more of a hothead than selfish. The dude is fiery passionate about winning (similar to Bryant) but wears his emotions outwardly.

Exactly. He's the exact type of player I'd want. Dude cares so much about winning that it drives him like this. He's a big time leader on the team and a huge locker room guy.

That guy clearly knows nothing about the Giants. It's amazing what ignorance he's spouted off.

Sep 19, 2008
Coughlin made them relevant fast. But the last four years have been very cruel on the Giants. He had to go.

Can't dispute his success. He beat an undefeated team.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
LOL at the owner though. Saying its on the GM but also saying it was time. He was also like we lost some credibility the last few years. I think they lost some this week. Its fine if you want to get a new voice but don't say its the GM's fault then and then keep him. They should go out together. I think age is a factor. One is in his 50s and the other is gunna be 70. If it were the other way around he's easily gone.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Interesting factoid. When Mike Price was fired at Alabama in 2003, Tom Coughlin and Mike Shula were the finalists for the job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad