NFL: Tom Coughlin no longer Giants HC

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
coughlin has been one of the game's best coaches for years now

people forget his run with the jags and the success he had there because of how much success he had in new york. one hell of a career

and thank you for beating the pats twice

yRessUneChose

yRessUneBarbe
Jun 7, 2015
hats off to Tom;

He was a great coach, one that got canned in Jacksonville because he did not want to change, and was about to get canned in NY after that 06-07 season;

He sort of changed as a HC during that 07-08 season, started being more lenient towards his players, I would recommend watching <<A football life Tom Coughlin>> even Fred Taylor never got what Tom was trying to do with the Jags until he went with the Patriots late in his career,

say what you want about the guy, but those two Super bowl victories he deserved every bit of it, as an HC.

Of course, his recent record will have the pundits saying <<Well he is not that good of a coach!!>>

The Giants over the past four years have had so many injuries on both sides of the ball and the fact is, they never truly replaced some of their good/great players as they aged on, or their production started to slip out,

basically in my opinion, the Giants had to go through a semi-rebuild after their second SB, and it took awhile I guess ;/

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
hats off to Tom;

He was a great coach, one that got canned in Jacksonville because he did not want to change, and was about to get canned in NY after that 06-07 season;

He sort of changed as a HC during that 07-08 season, started being more lenient towards his players, I would recommend watching <<A football life Tom Coughlin>> even Fred Taylor never got what Tom was trying to do with the Jags until he went with the Patriots late in his career,

say what you want about the guy, but those two Super bowl victories he deserved every bit of it, as an HC.

Of course, his recent record will have the pundits saying <<Well he is not that good of a coach!!>>

The Giants over the past four years have had so many injuries on both sides of the ball and the fact is, they never truly replaced some of their good/great players as they aged on, or their production started to slip out,

basically in my opinion, the Giants had to go through a semi-rebuild after their second SB, and it took awhile I guess ;/

I wouldn't call it a rebuild. If you look at the two teams that 11 team wasn't really nearly as good. Though that 07 team was carried by that defensive line(let's be honest they don't beat NE if its a high scoring game)

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Coughlin will likely want to go to a team with an established QB/top young QB, i.e when he took over the Giants. Especially at his age.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
They had one season of 12+ wins...08. He was gunna get fired the year he won the SB. But they went on that run, won 12 games and that bought him until 11 where the same happened.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Your entire argument is basically "Well, if he hadn't won this Super Bowl......and then that other one...."

LOL.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Your entire argument is basically "Well, if he hadn't won this Super Bowl......and then that other one...."

LOL.

Its not an argument. Its pretty much a fact. Both times the speculation was high that they'd be on the way out. A lucky month of football changed that X 2. The football playoffs have become the biggest crapshoot these days. Rarely does it seem like the best team wins or its a 1 vs 1 matchup. Now its the hottest but I mean you only have to win 3 or 4 best of ones. I don't think anybody here would deny that for both games the Patriots easily had the better overall roster and coach.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
You miss the Panthers game? That's not the first time he's started something either. He kicked a guy on the sidelines at St. Louis last year.

So he kicked a guy who took a cheap shot and tried to injure him? Who ****ing cares? Did you even watch the St. Louis game? I watched every bit of it. There is a reason that there was a brawl during the game. The Rams were cheap shotting OBJ and other Giants throughout the game (not surprising when you see who was coaching them). I'm glad he stood up for himself. Calling him a headache is hilarious. Christ almighty. :laugh:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Reese should be fired too.

But even before that with a lot Coughing didn't do much outside of 08 in the regular season.

Yeah, no. Reese has never had a chance to pick his own coach. This is the proper way to do things. Coughlin had to go and Reese gets a few years to see what he's got.

You know very little about the Giants.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Coughlin should take an assistant role like Tom Moore has in Arizona. Imagine a young coach with a guy like him to lean on?

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Yeah, no. Reese has never had a chance to pick his own coach. This is the proper way to do things. Coughlin had to go and Reese gets a few years to see what he's got.

You know very little about the Giants.

The giants don't do things normal and that's why outside of the odd run here or there(like 07 and 11)they aren't generally on the success train.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Right!?!?

Legitimately laughing in real life. Wow.

He's right. If his last name wasn't Manning nobody would give a **** about him. He is not that good of a QB. He throws too many picks and is mostly inconsistent. One lucky throw where the WR couldn't see the ball and just stuck his arms over his head will get him into the hall though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad