Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
You can tell Seige isn't made for consoles just by the fact you can't lean left/right outside of ADS.

I initially hated it, but after hardwiring my console again (router's security settings are a pain in the ass) it's way better lol. I'm not losing those engagements where i clearly have the drop on somebody, aim and die before i can even pull the trigger. Now i'm actually loving it.

On offense i've taken a liking to IQ (love her gun) and Twitch. Defense i haven't found that go to yet since it seems like so many of them rely on extensive map knowledge to work effectively, which i do not have yet. :laugh: Now i just pick Kapkan because his gun feels the best to me.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It's nuts when compared to the PC version for sure.

Us console players kind of just go "whatever" since everyone's on an even playing field anway. Though i do admit there's been a few times where it would have really came in handy.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Hibana is my bae on attack. I also like Buck and Thatcher

on defense my go to are normally Jaeger and Mute, but ill take Rook if noone else does. I cant wait to get Mira tho, seems right up my alley

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Shooters are nothing on PC, CS and Arma are the only game that lasts, anything else dies after a few months. Whereas, on console it lasts a lot longer. Also, it sold a lot more on xbox than on the PC, I believe.

I'm still huge on Ashe and Sledge.

Mute on defense is my go-to.

Fuze seems to get stronger and stronger though.

How then?

I swear i looked over the control schemes and saw no way to do it.

ADS and lean real quick then come out of it. It's only quick peaks though.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
You can tell Seige isn't made for consoles just by the fact you can't lean left/right outside of ADS.

I initially hated it, but after hardwiring my console again (router's security settings are a pain in the ass) it's way better lol. I'm not losing those engagements where i clearly have the drop on somebody, aim and die before i can even pull the trigger. Now i'm actually loving it.

On offense i've taken a liking to IQ (love her gun) and Twitch. Defense i haven't found that go to yet since it seems like so many of them rely on extensive map knowledge to work effectively, which i do not have yet. :laugh: Now i just pick Kapkan because his gun feels the best to me.

I have this happen to me all the time and can't figure out what's going on. I'll have my sights on a doorway and someone will just run through and pop me before I know what's going on. Then I watch the kill cam and I'm like wait, there's no way I was just sitting there staring at that guy that long before firing. I can't figure out if it's something with my internet speed or if I'm just slow. I normally have the best ping in the servers I play in.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I have this happen to me all the time and can't figure out what's going on. I'll have my sights on a doorway and someone will just run through and pop me before I know what's going on. Then I watch the kill cam and I'm like wait, there's no way I was just sitting there staring at that guy that long before firing. I can't figure out if it's something with my internet speed or if I'm just slow. I normally have the best ping in the servers I play in.

Peeker's advantage. Just an artifact of playing a networked game. Most games you won't notice it but games where you can kill someone instantly or close to it, it becomes noticeable.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Peeker's advantage. Just an artifact of playing a networked game. Most games you won't notice it but games where you can kill someone instantly or close to it, it becomes noticeable.

Geez, thanks for posting this. Had no idea this was a thing. Did some more research and watched one of Serenity17's videos on youtube and this is definitely what's been happening to me.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
This game is phenomenal. For having picked this up for $25 it might be one of the best value video game purchases I've ever made. I can't stop playing.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It is really a cool game.

I just bought Mira and I really, really like her.

Ive also been playing a bunch of Blitz lately.

Finally hit silver 1 in ranked games.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
This game is phenomenal. For having picked this up for $25 it might be one of the best value video game purchases I've ever made. I can't stop playing.

Their DLC policy really helps the game shine. More games need to be like Siege.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I kind of wish there was more "acknowledgment" for certain support actions. I've been running Mute heavily on defense and I just think if Mute jams all five drones, hides the objectives and operators then relocates the jammers and blocks Hibana and Thermite from breaching reinforced walls that that is a HUGE deal that should show up on the scoreboard more prominently. Just seems kind of cheesy that I have some rounds as Mute where the other team literally just does not get inside the objective room, time runs out and I'm at the bottom because of lack of kills lol.

Peter Zezel

Sep 12, 2003
I kind of wish there was more "acknowledgment" for certain support actions. I've been running Mute heavily on defense and I just think if Mute jams all five drones, hides the objectives and operators then relocates the jammers and blocks Hibana and Thermite from breaching reinforced walls that that is a HUGE deal that should show up on the scoreboard more prominently. Just seems kind of cheesy that I have some rounds as Mute where the other team literally just does not get inside the objective room, time runs out and I'm at the bottom because of lack of kills lol.

I main Mute also and hate how the whole team gets the 100 points for a hidden objective in the prep phase. It would also be nice if Mute could get an ACOG.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't play ranked because the matchmaking is trash.

I'm an unranked and i somehow get put against a Platinum player who proceeds to kill half the team just as we spawn? Yeah that's fair for new players. And then there's the cancerous teamkillers who kill you because you took the only operator they can play.

Not worth the stress lmo.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I rarely ever get any of this, and i play 5 ranked games a day.

The only cancer i got were bronze/copper kids because it was springbreak.

Peter Zezel

Sep 12, 2003
I cant seem to get out of Silver. What is your rankings?

I usually usually bounce around in silver. Dipping into bronze and gold periodically.

In the first bunch of updates used to always been in gold pushing for platinum. However, since skull rain I think I've been mainly silver.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Is this worth getting? Been looking for a fun shooter.

Absolutely, but you need to know what you're getting yourself into before purchasing or you might end up not liking it. It really is a brutal game on a variety of levels. I generally consider myself a tactical/thinking player in other online shooters but this game kicked my ass in the beginning. I sat around and watched a whole bunch of youtube videos and finally became aware of things like peeker's edge and the importance of cursor discipline and really started to do much better. It's rewarding to go from being the "drag" on your team every single game to finally being able to hold your own. I'm a big fan. I know this type of game will never be as big as other shooters but it really is a great game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad