Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I also didn't feel the grind for operators was that terrible.

The starter edition has jacked up operator prices. It costs 12.5k renown each, compared to 2,000 if you bought the base game. It's really brutal early on. Once you get a roster you're comfortable with, you don't notice it, but those early days with only 4 operators (2 random, 2 unlocked with given R6 credits) are brutal.

I do not recommend the starter edition, having bought it.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
The starter edition has jacked up operator prices. It costs 12.5k renown each, compared to 2,000 if you bought the base game. It's really brutal early on. Once you get a roster you're comfortable with, you don't notice it, but those early days with only 4 operators (2 random, 2 unlocked with given R6 credits) are brutal.

I do not recommend the starter edition, having bought it.

same, my brother had the starter and it was pretty bad

just to put it into context

FULL GAME
18x2k Operators = 36k
10x25k DLC Operators = 250k
TOTAL = 286k

STARTER EDITION
16x12.5k Operators = 200k
10x25k DLC Operators = 250k
TOTAL = 450k

FULL WITH YEAR 1 PASS (What I have)
18x2k Operators = 36k
2x25k DLC Operators = 50k (so far)
TOTAL = 86k

the full version gets you a rounded out roster of base operators much faster then you can grind out the DLC operators if you want

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
so August 29th for the release

man I really wanna get a Year 2 pass but broke af now. I hope the operators suck so I care a little less :sarcasm:

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
so August 29th for the release

man I really wanna get a Year 2 pass but broke af now. I hope the operators suck so I care a little less :sarcasm:

Grind out the renown. Between daily challenges and the Ubisoft club challenges it's pretty easy to get renown.

I'm sitting on 160K renown and nothing to spend it on.

Really looking forward to this next set of operators and a new map.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Grind out the renown. Between daily challenges and the Ubisoft club challenges it's pretty easy to get renown.

I'm sitting on 160K renown and nothing to spend it on.

Really looking forward to this next set of operators and a new map.

I only had 25k renown saved and I wanted the El Dorado skin before the season ended haha

I ended up buying the pass. im glad I did because Mira and Jackal are suuuper fun and Im really liking the look of the new operators

RussianRifle27

Dec 3, 2007
So stupid. My activity with the game has gone down lately and will probably drop to almost none because of this.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
they dev team said they would rethink the map changes when they get back from Gamescom

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
They removed house ? Wtf. It's one of my favorites.

from Ranked. only Favela and Yacht are being removed from Casual

again they said they are rethinking this

its a poor decision but to stop playing altogether because of it seems silly

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
they dev team said they would rethink the map changes when they get back from Gamescom

Nothing to re-think. Yacht and Favela are the two worst maps in the game in any mode, and play like ass with casual teammates. Good riddance.

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
Just picked this game up on Xbox One while it was on sale over the weekend. I suck. I'm pretty good at the Battlefield and Titanfall games, but this game has a totally different pace and feel.

Any tips for a newbie?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Just picked this game up on Xbox One while it was on sale over the weekend. I suck. I'm pretty good at the Battlefield and Titanfall games, but this game has a totally different pace and feel.

Any tips for a newbie?

Don't roam. Buy good headphones. Make sure you use an operator with a power (or whatever) you like. Always click on the joystick to check around doors

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Any tips for a newbie?

Always think before moving, don't run until you know the maps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad