Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Just bought the complete edition off Steam. How should I get started?

Do the situations, or at least the first couple so you get a feel for the controls. Watch the tutorial videos also, if you just start them you get the renown points.

Watch a video or two on peeker's edge and peeker's advantage in Rainbow Six: Siege on youtube just so you know it's a factor. Other than that, crosshair discipline is huge. The game actually will reward tactical usage of spray and pray so just having your crosshair at the right level for headshots all the time will get you a lot of wins in 1v1 encounters.

After that the biggest thing is learning the maps.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
How many twelve year old kid am i gonna catch today... "I dont give a **** man im better than all of you okay" "omg you suck so harddd" "let me play cavira" "let me play Tachanka"

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yep, almost no recoil on the thing. Still prefer Miras Vector though.

Ive been running sledge Acog/mg holo a lot these days, its a good combination.

Also just bought Frost and its crazy how many injure I get.

But I still cant get out of bronze.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I've been debating about whether to make my first year 2 purchase Frost or Hibana. Frost's traps are sneaky good but being able to take down reinforced walls from a distance I think is a nice thing to have considering Mira is so prevalent in ranked. It's really tough for me as Thermite to safely approach those walls in a lot of matches.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hibana sees heavy play too. Theres one in almost every round I play.

I decided upon another defender (my 3rd actually) because I love the attackers available so much, especially with the resurgence of Glaz. I rotate Glaz, Fuze (That machine gun is jus amazing to be honest), Sledge, Thatcher, Ash, Thermite and Twitch are all really good in the current meta.

I was actually going to buy Jackal because hes so strong right now, but incoming nerfs, so Ill probably go with Hibana, Valk or something.

I love Buck, but I think hes redundant because I play a lot of Sledge.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-289775-16/year-2-season-2-operation-health

05/11/2017 09:00 AM

As announced during the Six Invitational, game health is our priority. To achieve this goal we took the decision to fully dedicate the next three months to improving our game. This means pushing back our season set in Hong Kong and launching instead, Operation Health.

Operation Health is all about fixing several issues and investing in better technology to make sure we keep growing strong in the upcoming years.

YEAR 2 ROADMAP IMPACT

Operation Health will follow a much more iterative pace and new deployment philosophy in three steps ensuring we gradually inject new developments. For instance, the One Step Matchmaking will be released first on the Technical Test Server (TTS), then on PC and finally, when ready, on Xbox One and PS4.

With Operation Health pushing back our season set in Hong Kong, we needed to rethink our Year 2 Roadmap. Hong Kong will be released in August as part of Season Three and South Korea in November during Season Four. While Poland no longer has a dedicated season, our GROM Operators will be released at the start of Season Three and Four.

Finally, we have decided to reduce the number of new maps to three this year (including the released map set in Spain) to truly prioritize our game’s health. You can find below our updated Year 2 Roadmap

Nice that they're finally fixing things, but it sucks to lose a new map and have S2 delayed 3 months.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
the irony is, I seriously doubt they achieve the level of fixing they intend

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Obviously they wont, its next to impossible.

As long as they can add some stability. The servers in this game can be horrifying

I don't have the best internet, but sometimes my ping rises for a few moments and I get kicked for my connection being too slow. Same happens to other members of my squad. Can be annoying in ranked games. Matchmaking takes ages sometimes.

That being said, I've put more hours into his game than any game in the past 5+ years easily.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Glaz nerf hits today. Damage reduction, but they still haven't taken away his smokes, which makes zero sense. To "fix" Glaz they gave Ash flashbangs... yeah. I don't know how Ubisoft managed to make such a great game - it seems like an accident - but I do understand how they continually **** up the ongoing management of it.

Operation Health was poorly communicated and they're messing around with the maps without consulting a single pro. The servers are still trash. Man, this game is so good and has so much potential it's absurd, but Ubisoft won't give it the resources it needs. What little is for sale in the shop is pretty trashy, and for a game they want to monetize with loot packs (coming in the next patch) there just isn't enough available.

For Honor has lost 95% of its players but Siege keeps growing because it's a fun, infinitely re-playable game. If you like tactical shooters at all, buy this when it's on sale on Steam.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Quick question for those who play, what's a comparable FPS? What's the feel of the game, tons of people on my friends list play and I'm thinking of giving it a shot

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Quick question for those who play, what's a comparable FPS? What's the feel of the game, tons of people on my friends list play and I'm thinking of giving it a shot

theres really nothing comparable to be honest. its in its own wheelhouse. I recommend just watching some gameplay videos

TIP: dont buy the starter edition, you will be grinding forever to get the operators. the full edition is well worth the money.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

I might get yelled at for saying this but I think its a lot like Overwatch but a ton more "realistic" / serious. Obviously its still a video game but its two teams of "hero's" each with their own abilities and there is an objective.

However the difference here is Overwatch is all about capturing points / moving a payload. R6:S is attack / defense only. Defenders are holed up where attackers either need to kill everyone (which is another difference... No respawns) or complete the objective. Objective being the defenders either have a hostage you have to grab and escape with or there will be something you need to deactivate which takes some time once you get to the device.

Anyways, it's a really fun game. I quit playing because I got sick of getting on teams that would team-kill me then go on to the objective, like they were all in a party or something. Or I would get team killed because I picked a player that someone else wanted to play as and they got mad... Lots of team-killing from whiny adults who act like they are 10 and someone took their blanky.

But if you say you have lots of friends that play I am sure you will have a good time playing with them.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
One of the fun games around. My favorite shooter ahead of bf1 and overwatch.

I bought the 30 dollars edition and found it much more fun to grind for characters than get them all at once. It kept me going until I had them all.

Plus, at the start you can unlock like 4 operators in a 5 games, so.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Hmm.. thanks guys! Gonna watch some videos here, I always thought it was just a regular FPS, but the different style is definitely intriguing to me

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I also didn't feel the grind for operators was that terrible. Even after I unlocked the more expensive operators I still ended up sticking with the basics like Ash/Thermite/Mute etc. anyway.

It's a really, really good experience, especially if you have friends you can team up with. The most noticeable difference for me is just that the TTK is absolutely brutal. You're going to have a lot of "WTF just happened" moments lol.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I also didn't feel the grind for operators was that terrible. Even after I unlocked the more expensive operators I still ended up sticking with the basics like Ash/Thermite/Mute etc. anyway.

It's a really, really good experience, especially if you have friends you can team up with. The most noticeable difference for me is just that the TTK is absolutely brutal. You're going to have a lot of "WTF just happened" moments lol.

interesting, I guess the grind is preference. for me id rather have the choice of operators available asap

and yeah playing it on voice chat is vastly preferable

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
The grind for og operators is easy. Dlc? Haha. Got this game for cheap and started playing cause there's not much for me rn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad