• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Niner fan here. Not gonna lie, I would take 2 years of Tom Brady over however many years left on Jimmy G's contract. Had Brady been on the team this past season, we win the SB.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
On what basis do you guys think Brady wins the SB for the Niners last year? He wasn't very good this past season and it wasn't all on his receivers.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
On what basis do you guys think Brady wins the SB for the Niners last year? He wasn't very good this past season and it wasn't all on his receivers.

Six minutes left with the ball up ten. Brady doesn't lose that game. Heck most QB's don't. I said Jimmy G would be a big reason they don't win. And I was right. The 49ers realize he will hold them back.

Disclaimer: Shanahan had a big role in the loss two. And yes I realize the defense stunk late. But that's only because they were on the field too long.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Six minutes left with the ball up ten. Brady doesn't lose that game. Heck most QB's don't. I said Jimmy G would be a big reason they don't win. And I was right. The 49ers realize he will hold them back.

Disclaimer: Shanahan had a big role in the loss two. And yes I realize the defense stunk late. But that's only because they were on the field too long.
Shanahan didnt trust Grappolo with the ball. Not sure if he was still scarred from 28-3 or if he was just afraid of Grappolo who had been turnover prone all year.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012

I rather have Jimmy G or Tannehill than a 43 year old QB.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Exactly. And that's a huge problem going forward.
I agree. Thats why there was rumblings of letting Grappolo go before his guarantees kick in. As much as I would hate to see Brady leave, San Francisco makes so much sense. They have couple year window to win a SB and Brady would be a perfect fit. If the coach doesnt trust Grappolo, I don't know how they fix that other than moving on from him

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Uh, I think the idea is they would move on from Grappolo
Just looked it up and it turns out the 49ers front loaded his deal in a way that makes it easy for them to move him. If the 49ers trade him, they will end up with only $4.2 million in dead cap money from the trade. I had no idea they had set it up that way. I expected something huge given his massive contract. Good job, 49ers.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
The Brady to 49ers rumors is ridiculous. It suits Brady because he gets to play for the team he grew up cheering, has a lot of weapons, and gets to play under Kyle. It suits the Pats because they have the opportunity to erase the mistake and get Jimmy back because the Niners can't afford both. But it does nothing for the Niners. Giving up a 28 year old QB who was 7 minutes away from being SB MVP for a 43 year old QB who is coming off his worse season who couldn't beat the Titans and who is going to cost just as much as Jimmy G is getting. And it's not like the Niners have some future star QB in their system who can take over in a couple of years. Oh and plus it's not easy to learn Kyle's system.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Let's compare the teams. Best Oline-49ers , Best receivers 49ers ( with all world tight end)
Best running backs -49ers, Yes Brady would have won the Superbowl there.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
The Brady to 49ers rumors is ridiculous. It suits Brady because he gets to play for the team he grew up cheering, has a lot of weapons, and gets to play under Kyle. It suits the Pats because they have the opportunity to erase the mistake and get Jimmy back because the Niners can't afford both. But it does nothing for the Niners. Giving up a 28 year old QB who was 7 minutes away from being SB MVP for a 43 year old QB who is coming off his worse season who couldn't beat the Titans and who is going to cost just as much as Jimmy G is getting. And it's not like the Niners have some future star QB in their system who can take over in a couple of years. Oh and plus it's not easy to learn Kyle's system.
Jimmy G was not that good against a very average defensive team. In football there are no guarantees and teams can be good one year and bad the next. That's why you could see them pursue a 43 year old Brady.

Boeser Fan

Jun 23, 2018
They went to the next 2 Super Bowls after the trade winning 1 that's not a mistake!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just looked it up and it turns out the 49ers front loaded his deal in a way that makes it easy for them to move him. If the 49ers trade him, they will end up with only $4.2 million in dead cap money from the trade. I had no idea they had set it up that way. I expected something huge given his massive contract. Good job, 49ers.
It worked out that they basically had to sign him upon trading for him, so they had the money to give up front.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
49ers could kill this rumor completely by simply making a statement.....but they haven't.

I like Jimmy G and believe he's a lot better than others seem to, so I'm not a huge fan of all this.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Darlington stands by his original opinion that he'd be stunned if Brady returns.

Schefter adds that he believes it's more likely than not that Brady plays elsewhere next year. He did hedge a little bit by saying a meeting with Belichick in the next week could change things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad