Signing(s): Tom Brady signs with the Buccaneers (2 years, $50 million)

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I have a feeling this is going to end up Unitas as Charger not Montana as Chief

Kansas City at that time they got him, ended up getting Will Shields in the draft who's now in the hall of fame. The Chiefs had one of the best offensive lines at the time, they had so so receivers, got durable Marcus Allen in free agency and had one of the best defenses in the league.

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton
He’s a below average starter at this point. Not a good move by Tampa.

What else should they have done? Signed Winston for the same amount? Brady gives them a better chance to win now and they can draft a QB this year or next. No matter who they signed, they are only a temporary solution. I'd rather have Brady for a year or two than Winston or anyone else for the same time or longer.

Reactions: Babe Ruth

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm really excited to see how the dynamics shift across the league with the break up of Brady and the Pats. Going to be fun to watch!

Reactions: Sweetpotato

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
With that D?

Wouldn't bet on it.
We have a lot of really good players: Vita Vea, Devin White, Lavonte David, JPP, Shaq, Dean, Davis III, Bunting... Early on the season the secondaries were the biggest problem. They were amazing in second half. This isn't Superbowl team but they will be fine. They could add players still, they could draft some talent.

Bucs' 2019 Draft Class Reinvigorates Defense, Paces NFL

Buccaneers: Jamel Dean was highest rated rookie in 2019

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/buc...i2LgdRSjkOTkV7_d4d5_kiugzVxleX7BJupcbNzS7r-MU

Bucs' 2019 Run Defense Among Best of All Time

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Best case scenario he performs like Favre did post-Packers (although he was younger when he left the team)

TB figured to be a good fit because while their RBs will be the weakest group hes had in a while, he'll have plenty of options to throw too. Plus Arians is a veteran coach who's been to the big game so I'm sure that was a factor for Brady as well.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I hate when superstars join a random team for their final years just cause there was nowhere else to go

This will be weird to see

Reactions: Sweetpotato

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Looking at Tampa’s schedule, I think it will be Saints @ Tampa to open either SNF or MNF Week 1. If Brady is around in 2021, they are in New England.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Not a football fan(hockey fan that loves watching historic moments in other sports). Extremely intrigued how this will all play out.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
No one will sign that bum as a starter.
It’s funny, I’d bet a lot of money on Winston ending up with the Pats.

Calling him a “bum” is a huge exaggeration. He turns the ball over like hotcakes but the man can make plays that maybe 4 or 5 other QBs are capable of.

I’m not the biggest fan of Jameis but I think Tampa is making a mistake.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
It’s funny, I’d bet a lot of money on Winston ending up with the Pats.

Calling him a “bum” is a huge exaggeration. He turns the ball over like hotcakes but the man can make plays that maybe 4 or 5 other QBs are capable of.

I’m not the biggest fan of Jameis but I think Tampa is making a mistake.

Sure, BB will sign a turnover machine...

I would be very surprised if Stidham is not the starter. That's BB's MO.

He'll sign a veteran back up, but Stidham will be given a chance to start.

Reactions: wintersej

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I hate when superstars join a random team for their final years just cause there was nowhere else to go

This will be weird to see
Nature of NFL business. Teams with a need will pay a player. Whereas the current team knows that they have gotten the best years from the player and don’t want to pay for past performance.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Not sure what to think about this. That os other than being curious to see what Stidham can do.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Nature of NFL business. Teams with a need will pay a player. Whereas the current team knows that they have gotten the best years from the player and don’t want to pay for past performance.
The Patriots probably saved $40- $50 million on Brady's contracts because he kept taking team friendly deals. BB would trade his Mother for a Superbowl if he could.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
It’s a win for Tampa, not only are they getting one of the best quarterbacks in the league even at 42 they’re going to reinvigorate the entire fan base. More prime time games, ticket sales and not to mention merchandise. They haven’t made the playoffs since 2007 so any sort of postseason appearance is already a success for them. I’d be stoked to be a Bucs fan right now.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Also I can’t wait to see how NE fans react to their future of mediocrity. I’ve met many bandwagon annoying Patriots fans and id be lying to say the news of him leaving didn’t make me smile :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad