Signing(s): Tom Brady signs with the Buccaneers (2 years, $50 million)

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
7To1kXD.png

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Out of curiosity out of the following QB’s which ones would you take Brady over. I personally don’t think he’s a top 8 QB at this time.

Mahomes, Jackson, Wilson, Watson, Prescott, Brees, Rodgers, Wentz, Cousins, Stafford, Big Ben, Murray, Matt Ryan

I would take Brady over Wentz and Ben. Stafford too because of his health concerns.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
As I said, I can be convinced on Jackson (the league has changed, less reliant on reading defenses, more on athleticism, etc) or Stafford (still has it despite of the injury).

Prescott and Wentz? I strongly disagree. I think they are very "meh" QB, especially Prescott.

Brees is/was a great QB. Top 10 ever, probably. But today? Meh. He has fantastic weapons, but he is not what he used to be. Arm seems shot. Brady had accuracy problems last year, but not arm strength problems. I think Brees is in a sharper decline. If Brady actually has guys that can get opened and a better OL (which is a stretch in TB), I take Brady. I mean, Sean Peyton would probably take Brady over Brees if there were no emotional/relationship component to the decision. I could definitely be wrong and this one is close.

Cousins and Ryan? Nah, no discussion, IMO.

I think now that the league will have a full season of Lamar Jackson tape/video to study, he won't be as effective. He'll still be a great player, but I wouldn't expect him to win MVP again.

I doubt that, if the Bucs can land some Oline help (Trent Williams) and get a decent RB they will be a fun team to watch. People seem to forget their defense was trending up towards the end of the year. I was a Redskins season ticket holder up till 2 years ago, I’ve met many fans and NE and Philadelphia fans take the cake as the worst I’ve met (yes I know that doesn’t go for all fans).

Philly fans are the absolute worst. They are in their own league when it comes to things like this.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
the pats will be fine as long as BB is still there. i'd bet that they'll finish with a better record than TB

the last time brady wasn't their starting QB they finished 11-5 with matt cassel starting
The year before Cassel the team went 16-0 with Brady. So Cassel actually didn't do that well.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Glad he signed there and SF didn't chase past production. Jimmy G isn't elite, but neither is Brady now. Especially at 30 m.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
the pats will be fine as long as BB is still there. i'd bet that they'll finish with a better record than TB

the last time brady wasn't their starting QB they finished 11-5 with matt cassel starting

That was almost 11 years ago and its was a one time example. Besides Brady the Patriots just got gutted in free losing Harmon, Shelton, Roberts, Collins, Van Noy. Even Karras accepted less money to go to Miami. Obviously what they do as QB is the big question, maybe they go after Newton? Belichick has his work cut out for him.

I think that if the Patriots finish with a better record than Tampa its more because they still play in a weaker division and conference.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

Since word surfaced that Tom Brady is expected to land in Tampa, an unexpected high number of players have reached out to the Buccaneers to let them know they want to join the former Patriots’ QB there, per league sources.

Sep 19, 2008
No matter how much a human being tries he will never hype like Dick Vitale does. Hands down the best hype man ever.

Gawd dayumm
He is a big cheerleader for all things TB even the Lightning which he didn't care about at first. He has always been a big Rays fans and has season tix to the Rays and Bucs

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
He is a big cheerleader for all things TB even the Lightning which he didn't care about at first. He has always been a big Rays fans and has season tix to the Rays and Bucs

Oh yeah... he's a Rays diehard to be sure. If only he could hype people here to actually go to the games. It's very possible now that Tom Brady just killed the Rays because everyone is gonna be dropping their money on season's tickets at Raymond James and not on the Rays. I mean... can you blame them? The Bucs realistically have only needed a QB that can game manage for like 2 years now and they probably could've won 10 games in a given season.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
That was almost 11 years ago and its was a one time example. Besides Brady the Patriots just got gutted in free losing Harmon, Shelton, Roberts, Collins, Van Noy. Even Karras accepted less money to go to Miami. Obviously what they do as QB is the big question, maybe they go after Newton? Belichick has his work cut out for him.

I think that if the Patriots finish with a better record than Tampa its more because they still play in a weaker division and conference.

BB is 14-6 in NE without Brady, the Patriots will be more than fine. BB will also be super motivated, he cant affors to have a bad or medicore season because all the jabroni's will come out of the wood work and say "SeE sEe, HE cNT wINz wiT OuT BrAdy"

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
5-11 in 2000 with Bledsoe
Yeah, I didnt count his first season, because he had to clean up mess left by Pete Carroll. Once he had his system in place in NE and had QBs actially drafted by him, BB has had success with every QB he's had. No reason to think that wont continue

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad