Tomáš Hertl

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
I dunno, I think the Sharks will be Detroit next year, Hertl isn't a core guy. Nothing to build around.

Probably right.

If we are super lucky dorion will trade us back tierney and demelo for him since thats who he wanted.

We should jump on that now while we still got a shot

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I said it during last year's playoffs. He was San Jose's most dangerous player against the Knights. Lack of finish was a problem but the guy just blazed past defenders seemingly at will in open ice. At the time it was driving me nuts but looking back, putting rivalry bias aside it was actually something beautiful to watch as a fan of the game. It doesn't surprise me one bit that he's a PPG player now.

There was some crazy stat last year that Hertl had more high danger chances for than the Vegas knights in last year's playoff series. That speaks to three things: Hertl was dominant, Hertl couldn't finish (+Fleury was spectacular), and that Vegas was absolutely lethal when they had quality chances.

If Hertl can keep this up, he's a 70+ point guy with elite D.
That stat wouldn't surprise me one bit. The Knights were able to suppress just about everybody on that Sharks team (for the most part) except for Hertl. He'd have the puck on his stick and make life absolutely miserable for the Vegas defense.

I remember wanting to yell "just focus on Hertl!" at my TV last spring.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I said it during last year's playoffs. He was San Jose's most dangerous player against the Knights. Lack of finish was a problem but the guy just blazed past defenders seemingly at will in open ice. At the time it was driving me nuts but looking back, putting rivalry bias aside it was actually something beautiful to watch as a fan of the game. It doesn't surprise me one bit that he's a PPG player now.

That stat wouldn't surprise me one bit. The Knights were able to suppress just about everybody on that Sharks team (for the most part) except for Hertl. He'd have the puck on his stick and make life absolutely miserable for the Vegas defense.

I remember wanting to yell "just focus on Hertl!" at my TV last spring.

Yeah it was kind of wild. At 5-on-5 he had 14 high danger chances and Vegas had 13 with him on the ice.

Too bad he had to play against playoff Fleury with Mikkel Boedker as the primary playmaker on his line. :help:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'm not sure. Ask Phu.
You keep trying, but your efforts are growing more and more scattered and futile. Seriously, you're just being petty and shown you don't have a leg to stand on.

You've gone from bad comparisons to attacking Sharks fans to "prove your point."

Reactions: Helistin

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Hertl now has 71 points in 75 games, and it should really be 72 as he was robbed of an assist against Vegas. 54 of those points are at even strength

At 5-on-5, his most common forward linemates are Evander Kane and Joonas Donskoi. My question is, what other 70 point 1st line center has weaker winger than Hertl? I like Kane/Donskoi, but they are pretty underwhelming as far as 1st line wingers go; especially Donskoi.

One that comes to mind is probably Matthews with Marleau/Kapanen. Who else?

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
Hertl now has 71 points in 75 games, and it should really be 72 as he was robbed of an assist against Vegas. 54 of those points are at even strength

At 5-on-5, his most common forward linemates are Evander Kane and Joonas Donskoi. My question is, what other 70 point 1st line center has weaker winger than Hertl? I like Kane/Donskoi, but they are pretty underwhelming as far as 1st line wingers go; especially Donskoi.

One that comes to mind is probably Matthews with Marleau/Kapanen. Who else?

Maybe Sid. I like Guentzel alot, but it's hard to figure out just how good he is without Sid.

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
Guentzel is near the top of the NHL in even strength scoring, but then again so was Conor Sheary in 2016-2017.

Yeah, I love him as a player, but not sure where to rank him relative to other wingers in the game.

Either way, your question was somewhat rhetorical in nature, and your point is valid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad