Tomáš Hertl

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
I wish he stayed healthy during the 2016 cup finals. I still think the Pens would have most likely won but a healthy Hertl would have probably taken it to 7 games. Hertl-Thornton-Pavs was a force. Either way, Hertl is finally emerging as a 1C.

Reactions: Phu

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
There was some crazy stat last year that Hertl had more high danger chances for than the Vegas knights in last year's playoff series. That speaks to three things: Hertl was dominant, Hertl couldn't finish (+Fleury was spectacular), and that Vegas was absolutely lethal when they had quality chances.

If Hertl can keep this up, he's a 70+ point guy with elite D.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Seen him plenty. He was a complete non-factor that one time the Oilers made the playoffs.

You sharks fans sure are angry and defensive.

You mean two years ago? Holy shit a player in his 20's developed over two years my god. I'm guessing you didn't watch him dominate the Oilers the last two times we played them since you're reaching for two years ago.

It's also very easy to be defensive when someone uneducated makes ridiculous statements just for the hell of it.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
You mean two years ago? Holy **** a player in his 20's developed over two years my god. I'm guessing you didn't watch him dominate the Oilers the last two times we played them since you're reaching for two years ago.

It's also very easy to be defensive when someone uneducated makes ridiculous statements just for the hell of it.

The only ridiculous claim made in this thread is "Hertl has been an impact first liner for years".

Maybe people can celebrate his good season without resorting to making things up.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Seen him plenty. He was a complete non-factor that one time the Oilers made the playoffs.

He was dominate the entire 2016 finals run. The team as a whole was garbage against the oilers and we still almost pulled it off

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011

He is not a first line player today because he had a bad playoff series 2 years ago? Makes total sense.....

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
He was dominate the entire 2016 finals run. The team as a whole was garbage against the oilers and we still almost pulled it off
I never said he didn't have stretches of good play. He just hasn't been an impact first line forward for years.

That's a ridiculous claim.

Powinkle

Mar 25, 2016
Chico
I never said he didn't have stretches of good play. He just hasn't been an impact first line forward for years.

That's a ridiculous claim.
It's actually not that ridiculous. His point totals weren't there but his possession/defense was.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
21% shooting percentage.

Ladies and gentleman. Bill Karlsson.

So I guess you didn’t watch a Sharks playoff game. Hertl was hard matched against William Karlsson, flanked by Logan Couture and Mikkel f***ing Boedker, and completely dominated him. It takes a special player to do that.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
You mean two years ago? Holy **** a player in his 20's developed over two years my god. I'm guessing you didn't watch him dominate the Oilers the last two times we played them since you're reaching for two years ago.

Another oilers fan here, I’ve been a fan of his for years, shows flashes of brilliance and just now is finally showing consistency. Seems like either couture or hertl always score against the oilers

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
The only ridiculous claim made in this thread is "Hertl has been an impact first liner for years".

Maybe people can celebrate his good season without resorting to making things up.

I feel like you're having too many arguments at once because I never made such a claim, and I never referenced said claim. You can hate him all you want but this season he is elite.

Nashology

Dec 21, 2006

What exactly does 2 years ago have to do with this season?

Bank shot must be sad his team is irrelevant while the "over the hill, this season is their last shot (10 yrs running)" Sharks are on Tampa's level of dominance right now.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Hertl unlike Bennett always showed great promise/potential. Remember that 4 goal game that made Adam Oates hit peak whine.

Bennett has had a 4 goal game too, but every player is different in development. I think Bennett will be a super late one.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Come here, spew bull**** then claim "hurr durr y Sharkz fan mad?!"

Why even stir the pot if you're not interested in a discussion? If anything you sound like tilted Oilers fan

Hell and I like the Oilers

Sharks fans have been quoting 6 month old posts of mine and when that thread got locked they linked that thread to this one.

Now you're all outraged when I respond?

Seems like Sharks fans are the ones stirring the pot to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad