CBC Hot Stove: Tolvanen, Niku amongst prospects in play

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I agree that stone makes the most sense. I just find it ridiculous that with guys like scheifele Laine ehlers connor etc that you can't trade one of those three and a first for a hometown kid who is one of the best players in the league. He's like a young patrice Bergeron he's so effing good defensively and offensively it's sick. Just pay up and enjoy man!

It’s about resource management, do you trade away a big part of your future & shortening your window for 20-25 games of Stone if it gives you an extra 2-3% increase chance of winning the cup this year? Fair question, everyone will have an opinion on it......but only Chevys opinion matters. What we do know is Chevy & the owner has stated many times is they have no interest in creating a flash in the pan team.....they are on record many times stating they want to build via draft a team that has a long term window of 10-15 years or more competing in the playoffs for the cup each year. You can’t do that by burning top prospects every TDL on pure rentals. That’s why imo of all the big rentals out there imo Stone is the potential one he targets for multi reasons.....including he’s the one who is most likely to resign.

Time will tell

Reactions: Tkachukecheese

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I disagree there. With the upcoming expansion draft, keeping Fabbro lets Nashville protect three of their top 4D and more of their forwards. If a package around Tolvanen would get Stone I REALLY hope Poile goes for it.

I heard Fabbro wanted to sign after his season is done therefore burning a year of ELC this year and needing to be protected in the expansion draft. And if you wait until next year to try to sign him.... He probably just goes to UFA ala Schultz.

Anyways, I think Stone is exactly what the Preds need. I love Forsberg and Arvidsson but I think Stone instantly becomes your best forward. So worth dealing Tolvanen/Fabbro and a 1st, I'd say. I also think you could keep him, I don't think the $$ is the deal breaker, and Nashville is in a hell of a better position than Ottawa.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Can the Jets and Nashville take on salary though?

Or what pieces would need to be moved out to acquire 6-7mil players

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Tolvanen and Niku are the rumors but I'd actually expect those teams are more willing to deal Vesalainen and Fabbro. WPG is going to need Niku more than Vesalainen, and same goes for Nashville needing Tolvanen more than Fabbro, with Ellis and Subban locked up.

Very valid points. Would love either/both of those two.

Last edited:
Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Can the Jets and Nashville take on salary though?

Or what pieces would need to be moved out to acquire 6-7mil players

Jets have lots of cap space this year to take on Either player plus more. They have 5.9 million last time I checked

Reactions: Liver King

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
I still think this whole idea of niku and tolvanen to be available as laughable. Both look to be great prospects for either team in positions that they need.
Laughable in the Sense that you don't think it will happen? Fourth period just put an article out less than half an hour ago about how poile has said tolvanen is available for stone or panarin....

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
Wow that's serious undervaluation of Gallagher , one of the best contracts in the league and still in his prime, if Gallagher were offered straight up for Tolvanen I don't see any logic where Nashville turns this down.
Yeah there is zero chance that Nashville accepts that deal lol but I admire how much you like the little guy !

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
It might if no one is offering anything better, which is the point really.

As we've seen from past history, top prospects aren't moved for rentals, and rarely do teams get what they think they will on some of those moves.

Every team looking to make a move will basically be offering a late first rounder, and if none of them are willing to move their top prospects as history shows, you probably get much closer to the real answer on trade day.
You are really going to be pissed then... Fourth period now coming out saying poile is making tolvanen available for one of the top guys... Will "also" include their first and maybe even a third asset. Your gm saying this no one else's...

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
You are really going to be pissed then... Fourth period now coming out saying poile is making tolvanen available for one of the top guys... Will "also" include their first and maybe even a third asset. Your gm saying this no one else's...
poile has shown he will trade 1st round picks for brendan witt, paul gaustad, and ryan hartman. we shouldn't be surprised.

TFP use to not be very reliable.

Tkachukecheese

Feb 12, 2019
poile has shown he will trade 1st round picks for brendan witt, paul gaustad, and ryan hartman. we shouldn't be surprised.

True but they have become way more reliable. Also have heard some of the TSN guys refer to tolvanen. Only makes sense. Where does he rank on your prospects anyways? First or behind fabbro or maybe someone else I don't know about.

TFP use to not be very reliable.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Tolvainen is easily one of the most overrated prospects ever, no doubt Poile will use him as trading bait...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah there is zero chance that Nashville accepts that deal lol but I admire how much you like the little guy !

Gallagher for Tolvanen straight up? There is zero chance you are right. Nashville takes this deal for sure! An unproven prospect for a top 6 proven RW who scores 30 goals and is on a steel of a contract for 2 more years after this year. Come on man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad