Prospect Info: Toledo Walleye Discussion Thread?

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I don't think we've ever had a Toledo thread, but given the fact they are playoff bound and we have Cossa backstopping them, would it make sense to get a thread going?

As far as I can tell they have the third best point total in the league, and holy crap I had no idea TJ Hensick was still playing hockey and that he's in Toledo. Wow is that a blast from the past. Toledo is also 8-1-0-1 over their last 10 games, so they are playing some good hockey.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 20-07-46 Toledo Walleye at eliteprospects.com.png

They been good for many years, trend started by Fester btw. As it was pointed out in the other thread, current head coach Dan Watson was Lalonde's assistant in 2014-2016 and was promoted to head coach in 2016. I would shocked if Watson is not the next head coach in GR, he's been running a good program in Toledo. Championship this year would be good ending to the story.

What does the rule book say, is it still possible to send players to Toledo and help their playoff run?

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I hope this thread lasts. I tried one earlier in the year when we had 3-4 players there and it got moved

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Personally, I think the Cossa thread covers it since he is 99% of the interest and the goalie stats cover what happened in the game.

But who am I to say that YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS THREAD AND THE MODS SHOULD SHUT IT DOWN IMMEDIATELY when I could just not click on it if I'm not interested.

Reactions: Oddbob

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
and holy crap I had no idea TJ Hensick was still playing hockey and that he's in Toledo. Wow is that a blast from the past.
Lol, what a rink rat. 37yo, hasn't seen the NHL in 12 years, the AHL in 4 years, and hadn't played competitive hockey at all in 7 months before re-signing with Toledo. I mean, he was their captain last season, so it's not a shock he's back at this point I guess, but not a ton of 37yo guys playing NA pro hockey anymore, and especially not in the Coast lol.

Reactions: Run the Jewels

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
OK I have made the commitment and bought a Walleye t-shirt. I thought for one very brief moment about buying one of their jerseys but fortunately all but the XXL and above have been completely sold out.

But yes, playoff hockey with Cossa between the pipes! Foreshadowing his future in Detroit. LFG!

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
OK I have made the commitment and bought a Walleye t-shirt. I thought for one very brief moment about buying one of their jerseys but fortunately all but the XXL and above have been completely sold out.

But yes, playoff hockey with Cossa between the pipes! Foreshadowing his future in Detroit. LFG!
What did you buy? I'm kind of interested in a Walleye t-shirt now too lol.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Personally, I think the Cossa thread covers it since he is 99% of the interest and the goalie stats cover what happened in the game.

But who am I to say that YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS THREAD AND THE MODS SHOULD SHUT IT DOWN IMMEDIATELY when I could just not click on it if I'm not interested.

This is my feelings on it as well. We only care this year cause of Cossa and even then I only care if he does well, the team means nothing to me.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Technically pro debut happened in Europe already, first pro game in NA for sure. Bednar is most likely Brattstrom's replacement for next year, time will tell if there's any hope in this salvage operation.

View attachment 679837
My gut says no he won’t last long. I keep hoping for a Gylander signing. I think Cossa and him might make a great pairing in 2-3 years

Geezer WC

Standing room
Jan 29, 2022
Lol, what a rink rat. 37yo, hasn't seen the NHL in 12 years, the AHL in 4 years, and hadn't played competitive hockey at all in 7 months before re-signing with Toledo. I mean, he was their captain last season, so it's not a shock he's back at this point I guess, but not a ton of 37yo guys playing NA pro hockey anymore, and especially not in the Coast lol.

1680411570175.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad