Told you so, they lost. (7-1)

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I hope so. We are paying this guy an awful lot of money hoping he becomes the face of this franchise. I don't think I'm far off when i say there is a certain dignity that comes with wearing our "C".
PK has yet to find the easiness of a Markov or a Plecky it shows both on and off the ice.
When he does he can truly be great.

Subban will never be the prototypical hockey player whose awkward mumbling masquerades as 'dignity'. He's a smart, smiley fanboy, whose love for the game comes out in jokes and good-natured ribbing. Watch him interact with opposing players during events -- the guy jokes around with Rask and Kessel, trash-talks with Marchand, the same way he trash-talked with Stamkos. That's all it is -- fun trash-talk with zero hostility behind it. For all his goofiness, he never disrespects anyone. How often has he insulted a player or complained about a call or a team? Bruins fans tweeted that racist crap and he responded by defending their team and city. That's dignity when it counts the most.

Look, I grew up idolizing Beliveau, still my idea of the ultimate captain. But I recognize that today's media-driven society demands a different breed of media-savvy spokespeople. There's still a place for Beliveau's quiet dignity, but there's a new style of dignity that's just as valid, and Subban's younger, hipper, happier version of dignity is exactly what our team, and the whole frikkin sport, needs.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Subban will never be the prototypical hockey player whose awkward mumbling masquerades as 'dignity'. He's a smart, smiley fanboy, whose love for the game comes out in jokes and good-natured ribbing. Watch him interact with opposing players during events -- the guy jokes around with Rask and Kessel, trash-talks with Marchand, the same way he trash-talked with Stamkos. That's all it is -- fun trash-talk with zero hostility behind it. For all his goofiness, he never disrespects anyone. How often has he insulted a player or complained about a call or a team? Bruins fans tweeted that racist crap and he responded by defending their team and city. That's dignity when it counts the most.

Look, I grew up idolizing Beliveau, still my idea of the ultimate captain. But I recognize that today's media-driven society demands a different breed of media-savvy spokespeople. There's still a place for Beliveau's quiet dignity, but there's a new style of dignity that's just as valid, and Subban's younger, hipper, happier version of dignity is exactly what our team, and the whole frikkin sport, needs.

Much of what you say pleases me about PK. I realize we are in a completely different era.
PK's greatest fault as a hockey player stems from his greatest virtue Desire.
He needs to become Master of his space like a Weber like a Doughty.
More efficient and less frenetic. That's all I'm really saying. His antics on and off the ice serve no purpose. I watched him poking opposition players behind the knees on our PP. Seeing we are what 0-11 or so i would have hoped he had higher priotities at that particular moment.
He has a higher standard to live up to now.

HABSonaroll

Mar 20, 2013
From the interview I watched Subban doesn't seem to be to concerned on the loss - on the other hand Plekanec wants more jump in the team out of the gate - get it together guys - go to the net more - gotta pepper goalies such as Bishop a lot more than 17 shots

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
It's not what he said its the fact that he felt he should say anything at all.
Very poor judgement in my mind.
He looks and sounds like he's the one in kindergarten.
Get a grip on your game and shut your piehole...

I really don't understand why you are making such a big deal out of this. There was no animosity, threat or insult to what Subban said. Stamkos certainly doesn't care. Heck, if Stamkos gets another hat trick, he'll probably just laugh and ask for an extra round of chicken wings the next time they get together for a beer. They are friends. They grew up playing hockey together. It's just good natured ribbing between friends. It's absolutely no big deal.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I really don't understand why you are making such a big deal out of this. There was no animosity, threat or insult to what Subban said. Stamkos certainly doesn't care. Heck, if Stamkos gets another hat trick, he'll probably just laugh and ask for an extra round of chicken wings the next time they get together for a beer. They are friends. They grew up playing hockey together. It's just good natured ribbing between friends. It's absolutely no big deal.

Tons of water under the bridge since that post.
I was certainly irked with much of PK's play and felt a humbler PK would have been appropriate.
;)

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Tons of water under the bridge since that post.
I was certainly irked with much of PK's play and felt a humbler PK would have been appropriate.
;)

When you've been humbled not just as a team, but as an individual (on several occasions), going down with your tongue wagging is the Brad Marchand way of doing business. Having said that, I don't see too much poison in what PK said. Given his performance, though, I don't think he was in any position to make such bold proclamations.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
was Steve Stamkos invisible? :shakehead

The usual Stamkos. Didn't control the flow of the game by any means. Wasn't all that noticeable overall.

But the minute he has the puck on his stick and is in a position to take a shot....

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
first 20 games mean nothing in NHL season as long as you hover around 500 or so.

Every game means something. Points in game 1-5 are as valuable as the ones in game 75-82. having a healthy lead on a playoff spot or 1st in your division is nice in March/April, allows you to rest injuries and pace your best players' ice time.

Obviously the first 10-12 games you see a lot more ups and downs within the same teams...Toronto gets blasted 5-2 by Pit then beat NYR 6-3. TB looked great against the Habs but looked poor against New Jersey.

The important thing is to accumulate points and makes strides in problem areas. For the Habs obviously the PP is a priority the next 2-3 weeks, also defensive breakdowns need to become less frequent...being at home and with more practices should help this...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I think you might be the one that needs to get a grip. The guy said to enjoy the victory because it won't happen again. I mean come the **** on..why are people even talking about this.
Seriously some of you need to take those sticks out of your ***** and loosen up, it's embarrassing.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I think you might be the one that needs to get a grip. The guy said to enjoy the victory because it won't happen again. I mean come the **** on..why are people even talking about this.
Seriously some of you need to take those sticks out of your ***** and loosen up, it's embarrassing.

Don Cherry's influence knows no bounds. :sarcasm:

55329905.jpg

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

9M a year for that crap and You are embarrassed.
It's good to know you have a sensitive side. :laugh:

JohnKordicsGhost

Jul 1, 2013

Well good thing your opinion doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot here or anywhere else for that matter. Moving along...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
9M a year for that crap and You are embarrassed.
It's good to know you have a sensitive side. :laugh:

Technically speaking, PK is earning about 3.5M this year. But it's pretty irrelevant. His play has been rather mediocre even if he earned 850K. He's our #1 Dman regardless of salary and needs to play like one.
In no way does this mean he can't say that a 7-1 victory won't happen again and he should just shut up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad