Told you so, they lost. (7-1)

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
A case of fatigue from a tight schedule, or a sign of something worse.

Considering they were lucky against Toronto on the last goal, and had to have big comebacks against Washington and Philly where they were pushed around at the start of those games, they didn't look too spectacular for a large part of those games.

Boston isn't doing well and I am anxious to see what will happen on Thursday after the Habs rest for two days.

4 games in 6 nights which spanned from Ontario to Florida is the toughest opening sequence of a season that I can remember for the habs.

6/8 points on such a trip is a feat for any team, but I'm also very interested to see how the habs fare at home against boston.

It's really the only window for the habs to work on their game since the pre season, and they need it.

Fast start and a net positive on special teams will make me feel a lot better about this team going forward.

I bet if the habs lost in tamp 2-1 or 3-1, we wouldn't be as concerned. I feel the habs went to the well too many times on the road trip. They exhausted a ton of energy coming back in their road games, and by the final period of the trip, they couldn't even skate or make simple decisions. Tampa was the perfect storm, and now montreal should pounce on Boston in their b2b.

Last edited:

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Weaver should become the odd-man out once Tinordi earns his spot and Emelin's healthy.

I would be ok with that, but who do you play on the right side, then? I wouldn't want a kid adapting to the NHL having to adapt to a new position on top of that. Does it means returning Emelin on the right side? He certainly weren't that much better on the left side until now, except maybe for the long passes.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I would be ok with that, but who do you play on the right side, then? I wouldn't want a kid adapting to the NHL having to adapt to a new position on top of that. Does it means returning Emelin on the right side? He certainly weren't that much better on the left side until now, except maybe for the long passes.

Id go

Beaulieu-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Tinordi-Gilbert

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Interesting note, Jiri Sekac registered his first shot on goal in the nhl last night. He had a total of 2.

Last edited:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Interesting note, Jiri Sekac registered his first shot on goal in the nhl last night. He 2 total.

Incredibly unlucky not to have a goal by now. Back when the game was still competitive, stralman stops a shot with his back leg, which kept the game 2-1.

Not only does it become no goal, but it doesnt even count as a shot.

TravisF

Jul 11, 2011
www.artbreak.com
giphy.gif

Good one! I am not upset yet, it is just one game. Hopefully they will be motivated and ready for Boston on Thursday!

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Incredibly unlucky not to have a goal by now. Back when the game was still competitive, stralman stops a shot with his back leg, which kept the game 2-1.

Not only does it become no goal, but it doest even count as a shot.

Yup. The whole 3rd line has experienced some "bad luck" on the offensive side of the game.

PricePkPatch*

It was a wakeup call, nothing else.

Good for Therrien. Give you an excuse to whip the boys into shape

Bieber fever

Mar 7, 2010
Westmount
it was 4-1 when we started the 3rd iirc . why is no one tried something to grt into tampa blay player head ? strong lack of carather

PricePkPatch*

it was 4-1 when we started the 3rd iirc . why is no one tried something to grt into tampa blay player head ? strong lack of carather

Let's not turn into Bruins fans and start this silly "why didn't we made them regret beating us?"

We lost. Nexttime, let's play morehockey

DoctorPurple

Jun 9, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Got *****ed real bad.

4 games in 6 nights is enough to kill ya.

Hopefully they learn their lesson.

Most importantly, did anyone realize we haven't scored the first goal in a game yet?! :amazed:
I mean I'm all for epic comebacks, but championship teams score first and set the pace after for the rest of the game!

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Sure, but when you step off the bench mid break-away, or when you step off the bench and your D-men turns over the puck, leading to minuses, I would say that really has nothing to do with your defensive ability, but timing. Aside from Eller's giveaway against Toronto, his linemmates really haven't done anything egregious to warrant any questioning regarding their defensive ability.

You have a valid point, but their minuses arent the result of that, which is why it is important to actually make references to the play in which they occurred. So in this context your point doesn't really apply.

Weaver going for a bad pinch leading to a 2 on 1 has nothing to do with Eller, Bourque and Sekac. Neither does Subban turning over the puck with no pressure...twice....because he was being too cute.

The only real deserved minuses were the Toronto giveaway and maybe Price's fishing. The line shouldn't have scrambled as much as they did.

I acknowledged the "stepping on the ice" minuses, etc, but you missed the point that after 4 games, still, distilled down, it's 0 pluses and more than 0 minuses.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I acknowledged the "stepping on the ice" minuses, etc, but you missed the point that after 4 games, still, distilled down, it's 0 pluses and more than 0 minuses.

So what? All the more reason why the numbers are entirely misleading without context. Staring at the plus minus column tell you nothing about the nature of the minuses which I've already outlined, or the fact that Eller or Bourque could easily have 3-4 points each, which affects their +/- considering they don't get PP time.

You are just reinforcing my point that +/- really doesn't tell you much unless you watch the game in depth. Not only that, but it's use in Eller and Bourque case is entirely misleading.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
SharpFloweryCaiman.gif

My reaction to this team
Geoffrion swung at Murphy twice. He missed the first time but with his second swing he broke Murphy's jaw. Naturally he was suspended. He had to sit out every game against the Rangers for the rest of the season and in the 6 team NHL the Habs played each team 14 times. While Geoffrion was provoked (Murphy had used his stick on him) he hurt his team by doing it. If a presesent day Hab emulated Geoffrion, who knows what the penalty would be.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
...don't screw with Boom Boom would be my guess...:laugh:

Contemporaneous posting will rob one of critical information at the time of pressing "Submit Reply", would be my guess. :laugh:

Just saw that an answer was provided in the post immediately preceding mine.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
The Habs were awful. This time they stunk out 3 periods instead of 1 or 2. They were playing a major divisional rival, so it hurt double. They'd better atone for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad