Confirmed with Link: Toffoli to CGY for Emil Heineman, Tyler Pitlick, top-10 protect 1st '22 (or 1st+4th '23) and 5th '24

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Came to this board specifically to: :scared:

We're getting a 1st. Toffoli is a guy that is on the "don't need to trade, but could ONLY if we get a good offer" list.

He's got 2 years left and would be just as valuable at next year's TD, so, yeah, no rush.

But, Calgary is pretty desperate for a RHS top 6 winger and are loaded on LW at NHL level and in the system.

Hopefully one of Pelletier or Coronato is coming back too.

I love Tofu, but we need to get this build started.

And, we need to suck next year too for Bedard.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Man..

Would be bummed to see him go..

But if the return is eye opening, gotta do it..

Just sucks the easiest contract to move would go, who actually wants to stay
While we remain trapped with the Petry and gallagher contracts
Impress me Gorton cmon baby
Toffoli might be the easiest tradeable player on the team. What he gets will set a bar for the other players IMO. Great player, amazing contract and leader on and off the ice. I'll miss him. Hope I won't have to root for the Flames. I'm still bitter about 89'.

Hector Salamanca

Jul 20, 2013
Qc
This better be a slam dunk “they couldn’t say no deal”. Makes no sense otherwise. Productive two way guy who can score with term on a reasonable number. One of the last veterans I would trade, unless of course it’s a jackpot. I don’t necessarily think 20th overall and Pelletier is a slam dunk.
It actually is. It toffoli wtf you want, 3 first ?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Man Basu is terrible.

Pelletier is a pipe dream imo. First year in the A and he's almost a ppg. Toffoli is a decent player on a good contract. You don't deal Pelly for a player like Toffoli

Reactions: Rapala and butch_sb

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What is Arpon supposed to do here besides sitting his ass down and hitting the refresh button on his browser like the rest of us?

MtEKCAZ.gif

He can dig into the story. And start writing his articles.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Start of a lot of trades to look forward to .Fire sale about to start .If they get a decent offer on anyone not Suzuki,Caufield or Romanov they are gonzo and rightfully so .8 wins and with more than half the season gone.Yep

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
A 1st and what contract in return? Flames only have $1M in cap space

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I wonder if Gorton is the one doing most of the negotiations for this trade and Hughes is just watching and learning

Hector Salamanca

Jul 20, 2013
Qc
Man Basu is terrible.

Pelletier is a pipe dream imo. First year in the A and he's almost a ppg. Toffoli is a decent player on a good contract. You don't deal Pelly for a player like Toffoli

Yeah you do. Tof is a 25-30 goals Guy, Pelly Might be one ... You have to give to Receive, we dont have to deal him at all.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
This better be a slam dunk “they couldn’t say no deal”. Makes no sense otherwise. Productive two way guy who can score with term on a reasonable number. One of the last veterans I would trade, unless of course it’s a jackpot. I don’t necessarily think 20th overall and Pelletier is a slam dunk.

Did you look at Pelletier stats in the AHL? Usually 20 years old kids that productive in the AHL become good players. He's a god prospect better than most of ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad