Confirmed with Link: Toffoli has been traded to the Vancouver Canucks.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
My reasoning makes perfect sense in that we are not going to win anything for quite awhile and we got a 2nd a a pretty decent prospect for an expiring contract that had no guarantee of resigning with the Kings. You make business decisions first and foremost. I deal in zero emotion when it comes to this. You always make this deal. If they want to try and sign him in the offseason then fine but he won't be signing here. Not a chance because by the time the Kings are good, he will be past 30.
Well I disagree with your conclusion and Kings will not be resigning Toffoli if they traded him.Vancuver probably got the better player and won this deal,we'll see in the future if this undersize prospect actually can play in the NHL in a top 6 capacity.I dont like the trade value but it's not terrible.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
Well I disagree with your conclusion and Kings will not be resigning Toffoli if they traded him.

What makes you think that he will sign here? Emotion and comfort usually never play into the negotiations. The team that has the best chance of winning a Cup and/or who pays the most money often wins out and it would be a bad business decision to overpay just to keep him here.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
What makes you think that he will sign here or that he would have resigned with the Kings? Emotion and comfort usually never play into them. The team that has the best chance of winning a Cup and/or who pays the most money often wins out and it would be a bad business decision to overpay just to keep him here.
We dont know if he didnt want to sign here either,but the chances he would come back are slimmer now regardless.We dont have any top 6 ready talent like Toffoli to replace him.Kopitar on the other hand is the perfect player I would agree to trade due to his age using your opinion,but that contract isnt very good trading tool.It would sad to see him go, but he isnt going to win another cup here.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I want no part of potentially bringing Toffoli back. I'm not interested in giving what will amount to too much money for a guy who's been THAT inconsistent. If he goes on to be a consistent 30 goal scorer elsewhere, fine, I don't care. He was given every opportunity with the Kings, and his play more often than not was extremely frustrating. Appreciate what he contributed to the 2014 cup, but it was time to move on

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he considered signing with the Ducks this offseason... :pout: Depending on cap space, I could see the Rangers and Panthers as well.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
I knew I was forgetting someone lol.. I think Hults’ turn will have to wait.. Who is he replacing??

Have no idea...but at 6'2" 210, a PPG Junior that was in the Hobey Baker voting, I am sure he could make the team. Cole has been used in all situations 2 years now
and apparently has no holes in his game. Will just have to see what happens.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
We dont know if he didnt want to sign here either,but the chances he would come back are slimmer now regardless.We dont have any top 6 ready talent like Toffoli to replace him.Kopitar on the other hand is the perfect player I would agree to trade due to his age using your opinion,but that contract isnt very good trading tool.It would sad to see him go, but he isnt going to win another cup here.

Kopitar at 20% retention

For

Bowen Byram, 2020 1st and 3rd and JT Compher.

Dustin Brown urged into retirement at this year's end. Carter and Quick stick thru til their deals expire for cap purposes because they would bring nothing of note back. Doughty is offered the chance to waive his NTC if he wants.

THAT is what this team needs. The top end, the real dead money influencers, that is what needs to go to truly cut the cord to the past. Be done with it. Add some purple and gold trim back to the unis. Go bold, stake a claim. We have some kids coming in, Madden now included, who are known for imposing their will. For heavens sake don't have them break into the NHL on a team filled with guys at the top of the roster just happy to cash checks into the sunset. That would be an absolutely, completely uncoachable situation.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I would fear that the only reason he is signing here is to stay near the beach and be part of the Manhattan Beach Party Crew.

You have got to be f***ing kidding me.

Not even six hours ago you were lecturing Kings fans saying it's dumb to trade him away and someone's gotta score goals. Now...this?

Get the f*** out of here with this bad faith garbage, you're only here to incite, as is clear by your constantly wavering viewpoints whose only consistency is to create arguments.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Kopitar at 20% retention

For

Dustin Brown urged into retirement at this year's end. Carter and Quick stick thru til their deals expire for cap purposes because they would bring nothing of note back. Doughty is offered the chance to waive his NTC if he wants.

THAT is what this team needs. The top end, the real dead money influencers, that is what needs to go to truly cut the cord to the past. Be done with it. Add some purple and gold trim back to the unis. Go bold, stake a claim. We have some kids coming in, Madden now included, who are known for imposing their will. For heavens sake don't have them break into the NHL on a team filled with guys at the top of the roster just happy to cash checks into the sunset. That would be an absolutely, completely uncoachable situation.

So it’s better for young players to break in where they could learn from the likes of Michael Amadio and Austin Wagner? I don’t know if you’ve noticed who has consistently remained one of the top producers on this team year after year, but it’s that guy you want the team to get rid of. I’m sure young players can learn more though from playing under the tutelage of Nikolai Prokhorkin.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
You're referencing a preseason ranking from 5 months ago, which is quite some time ago in the development of a prospect. Since then he's rocketed up their rankings to top 3 in their organization and has been listed in a few publications, The Athletic being one (and Craig Button who everyone hates), as a top 50 prospect overall. I think solid is valid description at least. Scoring 1.37 ppg is pretty good for a sophomore in the NCAA.

ya i'm not familiar with this guy at all - so far i don't know, a few unknowns for me

like if Toffoli signs with Van and Madden at best becomes a 3rd line C i'd be disappointed, then there's the 2nd rd pick

so it's wait and see, so far Toffoli is a sure thing and we're rolling the dice on two prospects

if you tell me that Madden's potential is as you describe it, then for sure it's exciting to have him in LA

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Look at it this way. When Blake does re-sign Him in the off-season we don’t have to give him that extra each year. Titty only gets 7. Which is about three years too many.

in all seriousness, it’s time to start playing the kids for the rest of the year and see what we actually have. The pipeline is getting stocked and prospects will start appearing on the NHL roster.

The great thing with acquiring a bunch of prospects is we can still couple a few together with pics to get either a great player, a better prospect, or move up the draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyclones22

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
ya i'm not familiar with this guy at all - so far i don't know, a few unknowns for me

like if Toffoli signs with Van and Madden at best becomes a 3rd line C i'd be disappointed, then there's the 2nd rd pick

so it's wait and see, so far Toffoli is a sure thing and we're rolling the dice on two prospects

if you tell me that Madden's potential is as you describe it, then for sure it's exciting to have him in LA

I think what's exciting about having all these prospects and picks is that a few of them look ready for the show next season (Vilardi and Bjornfot and maybe more from Ontario). Even if most of these guys are still marinating next season, they still have trade value if that opportunity comes around to get an impact 25 year old or younger player.

Edit: beaten by funky

funky

Mar 9, 2002

There are a bunch of Vancouver fans on their board saying they cannot afford to re-sign Toffoli.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Have no idea...but at 6'2" 210, a PPG Junior that was in the Hobey Baker voting, I am sure he could make the team. Cole has been used in all situations 2 years now
and apparently has no holes in his game. Will just have to see what happens.
Unfortunately he’s a LHD... if we let the kids marinate then here’s the following
Tobias Bjornfot
Mikey Anderson
Daniel Brickley
Jacob Moverare
Markus Phillips
And this is me moving Kale Clague to the right!!! We’re absolutely loaded at defenseman in Ontario!!

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
You have got to be ****ing kidding me.

Not even six hours ago you were lecturing Kings fans saying it's dumb to trade him away and someone's gotta score goals. Now...this?

Get the **** out of here with this bad faith garbage, you're only here to incite, as is clear by your constantly wavering viewpoints whose only consistency is to create arguments.

Both can be true my agitated little friend!

Kings are so bereft of offensive talent that keeping Toffoli made some sense. Who will replace him in the lineup this year and next (and probably the year after that as well)? Frk...who couldn't even stick with Detroit? Luff? The prospects are all 2 years away at least and they may not even turn out to be NHL caliber players. The remaining RW's on the Kings have now scored a TOTAL of 14 goals this year. As one-dimensional as Toffoli was, at least he could score every 4-5 games.

BUT...once he was traded and if he becomes a UFA you stay far away from him because the ONLY reason he would resign is to stay by the beach at an inflated salary. He sure isn't coming back here to be in the playoffs for the next 5 years. Might as well just save the money and continue to suck at that point.

Last edited:

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Kopitar at 20% retention

For

If you’re looking for a good time.. go mention this trade over in the Avs board and see how they response lol

Reactions: KopitarGOAT420

funky

Mar 9, 2002
With Toffoli gone I want to see Amadio, Porks, Grundstrom , and Frk start to get more minutes.

I would like to see Frk on the top line with Kopitar to see what he can do with minutes and a star setup man.

I want to see Porks and Amadio centering the second and third lines night in night out. Give them minutes and see what we got.

Grundstrom, Kempe, Wagner need minutes to see what we have. Wage shooting percentage has been dog crap but he has speed and great size to become a nasty bottom 6 winger.

embrace some slip ups, evaluate the talent and see what we have going forward. Remember these are the B and C prospects. Wait a year or 2 until we get the Vilardi’s, Bjornfot’s, Kaliyev’s, Stutzle’s, Turcotte’s breaking in. Even if Grundstrom, Kempe etc become great scoring options on the 3rd line while the higher end guys filter into the top 6 everyone has their place

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Did I fart or was this trade made?

I like Toffoli more than most so I guess I'm underwhelmed. All depends on Madden as a 2nd was a given. Let's hope Madden is an NHL player and they hit on the 2nd.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Come in peace
Really nice trade for you guys. Madden is a late 1st round level prospect at this point who is continuing to trend upward in a really positive manner. I rated him #2 in the Canuck pool and was probably 1 of 2 prospects i wouldn't have parted ways with unless it was for a core piece.

As has been said Tyler Johnson and Braeden Point are the best comps if he can continue his trajectory..

Not sure what he weighs in at but he definitely will need to add some significant bulk and leg drive to create separation so he doesn't just get pushed out of the play. He is very slight at this stage. If his genes and work ethic are an indicator it wont be a problem.

Congrats

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad