Confirmed with Link: Toffoli for Sharangovich (Signed @ 2 years $3.1 Million AAV), 2023 3rd round pick (CGY - #80)

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Maybe Conroy shouldn’t trade Lindholm and Hanifin yet. Would have got more at the deadline. Conroy starts out with a dud.
Or maybe ppl need to start clawing back expectations lol.

I’ve seen flames fans propose the third overall pick+ for lindholm on cp for example… like ya gl with that.

Reactions: BRobMint

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
So with the Flames re-acquiring their own third round pick in this trade, I wondered if there is a potential RFA offer sheet target? (then I checked the calendar)

I think we'll be happy with this trade, and actually was hoping to maybe ship Vladar and stuff to get him after they traded goalie earlier.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Or maybe ppl need to start clawing back expectations lol.

I’ve seen flames fans propose the third overall pick+ for lindholm on cp for example… like ya gl with that.
Nah. I think it just cements they’ll over pay Lindholm and do a half assed retool with some futures sprinkled in. This is totally something for the roster now and something for later. I also don’t have a lot faith in the Flames pro scouts lol. Brouwer, Neal, Kadri, and even Huberdeau isn’t a great track record.

Reactions: Dack

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Because jack hughes was so good when he had 31pts in 56 games during sharangovich's first yr and missed 32 the next yr? Mustve been carried am i right

But he wasnt a star then, in yr 2 yes but not in availability
Hughes was already on the path to stardom I'm year 2. You should watch some of his highlights from that season. The only reason he wasn't a ~ PPG player was because the Devils were terrible and he hadn't found his finishing touch yet.

I've seen a decent amount of Debils games over the last few years (probably more than any other Eastern Conference team) and I never came away all that impressed by Sharangovich. He's fine but I don't think he's a needle mover.

Who knows. Maybe he breaks out big here but I'm not betting on it.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
So with the Flames re-acquiring their own third round pick in this trade, I wondered if there is a potential RFA offer sheet target? (then I checked the calendar)

I think we'll be happy with this trade, and actually was hoping to maybe ship Vladar and stuff to get him after they traded goalie earlier.
Oiler fan, in peace, yadda yadda.

I really thought Calgary would have gotten more for Toffoli. Yeah, he's slow, but he was far and away the most dangerous Flame last year.

I don't know if you'd care to bandy about the value, but I would have offered a 1st and a guy like Yamamoto or maybe Foegele without really having to think much about it.

As for offer sheet... I guess maybe, but Calgary only has 5.5 mil in space before signing Sharangovich so I wouldn't bet on it.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016

I really thought Calgary would have gotten more for Toffoli. Yeah, he's slow, but he was far and away the most dangerous Flame last year.

I don't know if you'd care to bandy about the value, but I would have offered a 1st and a guy like Yamamoto or maybe Foegele without really having to think much about it.

As for offer sheet... I guess maybe, but Calgary only has 5.5 mil in space before signing Sharangovich so I wouldn't bet on it.

Replace Yama with Holloway and I'd have considered it.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Yeah, value is maybe a bit weak - I certainly would have taken either of yours instead of what they got.

For me though, and admittedly this may be a bit of copium, but you almost hope to get a Sharangovich-type with a very late first round pick, and most would consider that pick successful. So sure thing vs. mystery box. If you consider the deal a 1st and a 3rd, it's about the consensus as to what was reasonably Toffoli's value as an asset. So I'm not as disappointed as some first reactions. Yet.

As for the offer sheet, I'm stupid and realized after that the 2023 picks will be spent by free agency. :laugh:

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I also enjoy reading about the adventures of the Flames third round pick over the years.

98BBvqT.png

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Hughes was already on the path to stardom I'm year 2. You should watch some of his highlights from that season. The only reason he wasn't a ~ PPG player was because the Devils were terrible and he hadn't found his finishing touch yet.

I've seen a decent amount of Debils games over the last few years (probably more than any other Eastern Conference team) and I never came away all that impressed by Sharangovich. He's fine but I don't think he's a needle mover.

Who knows. Maybe he breaks out big here but I'm not betting on it.
All im gonna say is i dont buy he's carried around by jack hughes when hes actually had pretty much the same ppg in 20/21 and hughes missed a bunch of games in 21/22

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I really really like Sharangovich.

However. This is an atrocious deal. My greatest fear is that Conroy will be like Feaster in that he gets absolutely worked over on the trade market and this trade is some ominous forshadowing.

If someone had posted this on the board they would’ve been quite rightly raked over the coals.

Extremely nervous for what the Lindholm, Backlund and Hanifin returns are going to be. Based off of this we are f***ed.

Will see.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah, value is maybe a bit weak - I certainly would have taken either of yours instead of what they got.

For me though, and admittedly this may be a bit of copium, but you almost hope to get a Sharangovich-type with a very late first round pick, and most would consider that pick successful. So sure thing vs. mystery box. If you consider the deal a 1st and a 3rd, it's about the consensus as to what was reasonably Toffoli's value as an asset. So I'm not as disappointed as some first reactions. Yet.

As for the offer sheet, I'm stupid and realized after that the 2023 picks will be spent by free agency. :laugh:
Is it that weak an offer? He returned a 2nd round pick and former 3rd round pick prospect Tyler Madden as a TDL rental.

He's now basically a full season rental. Yegor, buys them a year to figure out their team and direction as he is UFA in 2025. I don't foresee NJ extending him for 3-4 more seasons at greater than a $3.5 mill cap hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00