Value of: Toffoli creating a lot of buzz.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
What would it take to get Kyle Clifford?

The mayor and Dennis Bernstein have stated recently on there podcast kings of the podcast the Clifford might get the highest return out of all he kings players. The reasoning being they have no real reason to trade him and want to resign him. There is a risk if u trade him and he likes the place he goes better he might stay so the return must be worth it. They stated could be as high as a 2nd round pick. Now as one of his biggest fans on the kings board i would personally fly to la and drive him to the airport for this return. However a 3 rd and 5th is closer to actual return i expect if he is traded

Reactions: klabob

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I think the best Blake will be able to do is a conditional first that is more likely to be a 2nd.

Like for example Puljujarvi + condtional first based on on Oilers making the cup finals and Toffoli playing in >50% of playoff games, if not pick becomes a 2nd.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
What would it take to get Kyle Clifford?

His value is probably no more than a third, but given the Kings love him and have absolutely zero incentive to trade him, it would likely take more to acquire him.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Bernstein has literally never been right about a Kings rumor. He's not a reliable source whatsoever in LA.

With that said, Toffoli is only 28 years old and a perennial 20-30 goal scorer. He is a streaky player with a great shot, and could be a very valuable secondary scoring threat on a contender. He should garner a nice package for LA if Blake plays his cards right.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Bernstein has literally never been right about a Kings rumor. He's not a reliable source whatsoever in LA.

With that said, Toffoli is only 28 years old and a perennial 20-30 goal scorer. He is a streaky player with a great shot, and could be a very valuable secondary scoring threat on a contender. He should garner a nice package for LA if Blake plays his cards right.
bernstien called mitchell a day before matt berry did and they both were at least 2 weeks ahead of media and him actually signing it :) so think what u want he has called things

He also called Ben Hutton before he signed as well so even this recent hes been ahead of the game.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

By my count, he was correct one time. That the Kings were trading for Mark Parrish back in like 2005. He didn't have the other pieces of the trade tho

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
bernstien called mitchell a day before matt berry did and they both were at least 2 weeks ahead of media and him actually signing it :) so think what u want he has called things

He also called Ben Hutton before he signed as well so even this recent hes been ahead of the game.

"He was right that one time" is not an acceptable defense for an "insider" who makes dozens of incorrect predictions every year.

Reactions: AmadiosAmigos

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I don't think you need to be an insider to know Toffoli will be moved.
Also do not think you need to be an insider to have guessed his value (many fans have been saying a 2nd + since the off season).
Further more you do not need to be an insider to see what teams could use Toffoli and therefore link the two together.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
4th best if Hoffman is available. and 5th if Dadonov is available.

Of course. However, the Panthers should be in the mix for a playoff spot at the deadline. The talent level is there.

Ottawa, New York and L.A. will miss the playoffs and should sell in the absence of an extension.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
I don't think you need to be an insider to know Toffoli will be moved.
Also do not think you need to be an insider to have guessed his value (many fans have been saying a 2nd + since the off season).
Further more you do not need to be an insider to see what teams could use Toffoli and therefore link the two together.

I think the Kings have done everything to publicize that Toffoli is available except put a sign outside the Staples Center that reads, "For Sale, one slightly used Tyler Toffoli. Inquire within."

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I think the Kings have done everything to publicize that Toffoli is available except put a sign outside the Staples Center that reads, "For Sale, one slightly used Tyler Toffoli. Inquire within."

I do hope they pull the trigger sooner than later. let him and the team get on with their seasons.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Rutherford has already said the pens are not trading their pick. Yes this was before jake got hurt but still dont see them shipping it for a rental with no term. I think toffoli would fit in well with Pittsburgh. I am sure Rutherford can work some majic again
Toffoli could be re-signed though if we left Schultz and Galchenyuk walk in free agency, which I think both are very likely.

Toffoli is still young so if we can get him to stay then trading a 1st for him isn’t a bad idea at all. Especially if it is in my proposed trade where Bjugstad goes the other way we should have plenty money

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Would Boston be interested in Toffoli @ 50% for Backes, a first in 2020, and a conditional second/third in 2021 if Toffoli re-signs?

I don't think I like that for the kings. Boston's first is likely to be a late first, and I think Toffoli @ 50% plus taking an extra year of Backes should cost more than a 1st plus conditional pick. Remove the condition and make a 2nd and perhaps .

Reactions: Reaper45

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad