Value of: Toffoli creating a lot of buzz.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Dude, I’m not about to sift through Dennis Bernstein’s Twitter to sort out all the crap he throws out there. Just pay attention. A few years ago, he was saying we were going to trade Williams at the deadline and bring in Iginla (this was like in 2013). And that’s just one of many examples.

If you want to listen to him, that’s fine. I can see he’s very dear to your heart.

lol you want to say crap and not back it up fine with me but u need to check your facts and not over state crap and back out when called out on it

Also this is stuff he hears and deals can fall apart at any min for any reason so what he said may not have come true but doesn't mean it wasn't accurate when he said it but i have a feeling your crap on that as well so go right ahead You lost any credibility with me anyways

Reactions: deaderhead28

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lately, you constantly remind me of this.

2kcgnz.gif

How come ?

The Habs are not an issue here, but somehow you manage to bring them up.

lol. I bring up the Habs cause if we did have Toffoli and we were trying to trade him, his value would be thrown under the bus. Some of the comments about what he should get as a pending UFA is comical.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
lol. I bring up the Habs cause if we did have Toffoli and we were trying to trade him, his value would be thrown under the bus. Some of the comments about what he should get as a pending UFA is comical.
isn't kovalchuk listed as #3 on TSN trade bait listing? Seems like Montreal effect on players is doing nothing but increasing their value

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
isn't kovalchuk listed as #3 on TSN trade bait listing? Seems like Montreal effect on players is doing nothing but increasing their value

What's said on TSN and through the media vs what is said on HF boards are not the same.

And do you think the Montreal effect on players is the factor? I think the factor is we are playing Kovalchuk in a top 6 role vs a bottom 6 role is the key. Any team that wants to trade for him and play him with grinders in their bottom 6 are fools. He was clearly not a good fit with the Kings. Not sure exactly where they played him last year vs this year however.

As far as Toffoli... He's a decent top 9 talent and fringe top 6 talent in the right situation. But you know what the comments would be if the Habs had him and were trying to trade him as a pending UFA.

KingsofLA

Jan 21, 2020
I think something around Bogosian for Toffoli wouldn't be a bad idea. Not saying it's one-for-one.
If Buffalo thinks Bogosian has any value, then they should trade to those playoff teams. Bogosian holds no value to LA, but he can be added to the trade with zero value.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
i dont know about the "buzz", but i think this is the Gustav Nyquist type of player of this years deadline. I doubt anybody gives a 1st for Toffoli. If anything, i will be conditional pick (2nd that could potential turn into a 1st if trading team makes the Stanley Cup Final)

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
i dont know about the "buzz", but i think this is the Gustav Nyquist type of player of this years deadline. I doubt anybody gives a 1st for Toffoli. If anything, i will be conditional pick (2nd that could potential turn into a 1st if trading team makes the Stanley Cup Final)

Just to clarify...the Nyquist trade involved a 2nd and another conditional 2nd if the conditions were met (which they weren't). The final trade was a 2nd in 19 and a 3rd in 20. A conditional 1st was never on the table. The same type of deal makes sense for Toffoli although I believe Nyquist is a much better hockey player.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Kings are bursting at the seams with young D in the AHL. Need to open up stops in the nhl roster for some D, so probably not a fit.

I think Bogosion should be on the kings radar as a UFA. Yes LA has a lot of AHL d, but I don't think having 3/4 make the jump to the NHL (ignoring the argument that all likely are not NHL level D) at the same time is a good idea. I hope Blake brings in 1 or 2 veteran d-men this offseason to low term deals.

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
East TN.
I think Bogosion should be on the kings radar as a UFA. Yes LA has a lot of AHL d, but I don't think having 3/4 make the jump to the NHL (ignoring the argument that all likely are not NHL level D) at the same time is a good idea. I hope Blake brings in 1 or 2 veteran d-men this offseason to low term deals.

My fav Bogotian related moment on twitter
upload_2020-1-23_8-56-2.png

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

This would be the right thing to do.
The young guns need more AHL experience and crappy vets would fill that gap plus secure us 2 more top 3 picks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad