Confirmed with Link: Toffoli (50% retained) off to Winnipeg for a 2024 3rd and 2025 2nd rounder per Seravalli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Again with winning or losing the Rango trade, Rango would not be getting the time here that he was in Calgary. It is what it is.

Toffoli has been exactly what we would have wanted production wise, but the team didn't win enough. We reacquired a 3rd that we had given up and took another pick to use towards future trades potentially. It's all fine.

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
Again with winning or losing the Rango trade, Rango would not be getting the time here that he was in Calgary. It is what it is.

Toffoli has been exactly what we would have wanted production wise, but the team didn't win enough. We reacquired a 3rd that we had given up and took another pick to use towards future trades potentially. It's all fine.
I don't care about the Rango trade.

This is losing the 2024 toffoli trade.

Reactions: PKs Broken Stick

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I still like the idea of the Toffoli/Sharangovich trade. But for a team that was supposed to start contending, trading a young roster player and a 3rd for eventually a 2nd and a 3rd in later drafts isn't great, assuming that is the final return.

Oh well that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Just rip the damn band aid off and announce the likely shit return already

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I was told there was a bidding war. Gimme Yegor back dammit.

PvtU83u.gif

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
yeah if the 2nd is 2025, this is a f***up by fitz.

if he didn't get montreal's 2nd out of this deal, it's an actual failure.
is it? maybe he backed out waiting for them to come back and filp to the Montreal 2nd and they didn't and he came back and took what he could. We don't kow what tranpsired.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
1. Fitz had a value for Toffoli based on dollars and term.
2. Fitz and Toff could not come to a mutual agreement, hence he would be garnering ZERO value if no trade was made.
3. Fitz then fielded offers. That's all he can do. What we do not know is what all those offers were.
4. If he deferred to Toffoli to take a sub-optimal trade, then you have to trust that it will yield positive future value (i.e. Fitz values players over a global maximizing short term position). We'll never know what COULD have been.

So, I think just be happy if Toffoli is happy and we are getting some assets back, because ZERO could have happened.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
I mean, unless you have some knowledge of the offers on the table, what do you do in Fitz's shoes? You think this wasn't the best offer on the table?
I certainly don't think this offer was good enough to pull the trigger now vs waiting to see if any better offers near deadline time. Risk / reward

Fitz probably has a tee time at 1pm or something. Not getting the MTL 2nd is a damn joke.

Reactions: NJDevs26

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I mean, unless you have some knowledge of the offers on the table, what do you do in Fitz's shoes? You think this wasn't the best offer on the table?
I'm very skeptical a 2025 2 from Winnipeg was the best offer out there. If it was then you do that deal at 3 PM, not hours before then...you aren't gonna lose out on a 2025 2 by waiting.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
:laugh: I mean, look, if you want to get hysterical about it, feel free.

We have additional picks that can be used in another trade. We sold off an asset that the majority of this board wanted no part of any longer. You can't have it both ways.
Exactly lol. What they rather lose him for nothing !?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad